ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville (11-0) 50 Graham & Referees 0

rambbq

Nov 13, 2002
Reidsville, NC
could've and should've been much worse...Rams flagged for about 200 yds. in penalties nullifying a couple ot TD.'s and big plays....oh well......Entire game was played in a downpour....probably the only place in NC where it rained....On to next week and home game for first round of playoffs.................

I'm still trying to get dry. We got 100% of the 20% chance of rain.
Still trying to decide what was worst, the rain or the refs.

I missed this game due to out of town business. Was the rain and refs that bad?

13 penalties for 147 yards
Running clock held that number down.
Refs have tendency to flag a dominant team more, almost like they feel sorry for the opponent.
Talked with one of the Rams coaches this morning at breakfast. Some of the calls were just weird.

Glad to see South Granville is not the only team dealing with strangeness like this....of course for us it seems like it's every week, home or away

can't blame anyone for not wanting to officiate games.....much too complicated these days.....I would get tossed out of a game in a hearbeat if I played today...we were just coached totally different...of course my senior year was exactly 50 years ago........................

can't blame anyone for not wanting to officiate games.....much too complicated these days.....I would get tossed out of a game in a hearbeat if I played today...we were just coached totally different...of course my senior year was exactly 50 years ago........................
Back in those thrilling days of yesteryear (50 years ago), the lines probably averaged about 170 per man ... and there weren't many speedy guys around. Now, combine speed and size and it's no wonder collisions are more regulated.

But, not all the guys are big. One of Reidsville JV call-ups for the playoffs is a 104-pound freshman. And he was in on 2 tackles last night.

Reactions: Rammer16
Felt sorry for a soaked Graham fan without a hat and let him in the stand with us in the 2nd half. Maybe we should have invited the refs in at halftime. Probably will be a small crowd from West Lincoln next week.

Reactions: TheMule
Back in those thrilling days of yesteryear (50 years ago), the lines probably averaged about 170 per man ... and there weren't many speedy guys around. Now, combine speed and size and it's no wonder collisions are more regulated.

But, not all the guys are big. One of Reidsville JV call-ups for the playoffs is a 104-pound freshman. And he was in on 2 tackles last night.
Call him Austyn Chestnut Lite?

Felt sorry for a soaked Graham fan without a hat and let him in the stand with us in the 2nd half. Maybe we should have invited the refs in at halftime. Probably will be a small crowd from West Lincoln next week.
Very kindly of you Rammer. Of course, you could have given him directions to Fursty's when he could have been fed and stayed dry.:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT