ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts, some football related, some not

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
I was looking back on this past season and thinking about not only our Northeastern Eagles 🦅 but some of the other teams I saw play. I think we need significant changes within our program or we’ll never see that state championship that has eluded us. I’ve come to realize that we simply cant win the big games on talent alone, we have to be able to make changes on a seconds notice when needed. Will we do that going forward? My gut tells me that it’ll be the same song and dance all over, just a new season. As much as I dislike SWO I think they’re poised to make big strides this season. I like them as my early season darkhorse, no pun intended. This is a team I will be watching closely. WRH, I’d love to see just how great they’d be if they would implement a passing game into their offense. Think of the problems they would’ve presented Shelby, oh what could’ve been. Why is it that Reidsville doesn’t have a nicer field and complex? That program is a dynasty and you’d think they’d have a state of the art complex to field one of the top small programs in the country. I know they lost to Shelby but they are still a phenomenal program who I’d pick over almost anyone in the country within that classification. Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship. They are absolutely loaded and I love their qb, he’s going to be a superstar. Why is it that I find myself loving western Nc football? My wife and I went out west to see Maiden Blue Devils play against Lincolnton Wolves and we absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have seen and their teams fans showed out. One need to go no further than in some of the downtown shops and restaurants in Maiden to see how passionate they are about their Blue Devils. I can assure you that you’d never see that in Elizabeth City. Why is it that lil ole Princeton High School has such a bad ass field? Is there a nicer field to play on in eastern Nc? Princeton football has it going on, that place was lit 🔥. Why is it that Nc State basketball has fallen off so much? How could a school in the heart of Tobacco Road have fallen so low while the blue bloods just keep rolling along. Is true journalism dead? How is everything still Trump’s fault? I’ll end it with this, everything woke turns to shit.

Our Maiden team will be better this year. Come on out and see us. I have two extra tickets...you name the home game and they'll be yours.
Yes sir, we may just do that. I heard about that new qb your team has and Im following the Ethan kid at State. I definitely want to attend a game at Cherokee this season and possibly Swain County or Murphy. Im expecting a drop off here unless we can find a good running back and some receivers. Main thing is we need kids that have that fire 🔥 to win and who bring positivity with them. Look for other area teams such as Hertford County to possibly make a run.

“Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship.”

This ain’t small 2A West anymore, where you can pencil those guys in, year in and year out.
Reidsville will be a load, no doubt, but ain’t no easily winning anything. Shelby was young, too, and returns a lot. Burns will be a threat as well. Barring injuries or some new Covid bs, the road to the state championship will run through Shelby..

Last edited:
Maiden is a nice town. Maiden high has a nice football stadium. I look for them to have a good run in the playoffs. I would say as for the West Shelby, Maiden, Reidsville will be the talk of the forums. As for Salsibury I think will fall off but they could still win the conference. Thomasville could have a say when they play Salsibury.

“Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship.”

This ain’t small 2A West anymore, where you can pencil those guys in, year in and year out.
Reidsville will be a load, no doubt, but ain’t no easily winning anything. Shelby was young, too, and returns a lot. Burns will be a threat as well. Barring injuries or some new Covid bs, the road to the state championship will run through Shelby..

Reidsville will have some tough games in the regular season as well. Eastern Alamance, who could come out the east in 3a. Western Alamance who is likely a dark horse in the 3a east, and Page should be much improved as they were young. Reidsville will also have to deal with the potential of al lee the qb being possibly out for the year. The championship def runs through shelby, but Reidsville is the 2nd option outside of shelby and I think that was shown some last season as well.

West playoffs should be the same cast of characters plus or minus Hendersonvile.

Out east I expect the Clinton and SWO hype train to start in late August. I don't see anything out there in 1987-land-that-time-forgot to challenge Maiden, Reidsville, or even Burns.

West playoffs should be the same cast of characters plus or minus Hendersonvile.

Out east I expect the Clinton and SWO hype train to start in late August. I don't see anything out there in 1987-land-that-time-forgot to challenge Maiden, Reidsville, or even Burns.

Hendo has a lot coming back, unless the players leave. They really just need to figure out the Qb situation.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

You guys crack me up man. You lost 3 studs, by far your best three players. The QB is back, but imo isn't very good. Very very poor attitude and needs to add some weight to that frame. Hope I'm wrong but don't see Shelbyville making out the 3rd rd...

No hype train at SWO. We suck until we make some changes. We did bring in Burney as a coach but he can't play lol so not sure if that will minus the 7 losses we last year.

Clinton hype train already started. They swear they will win the title every year. Not sure what they got coming back, but they weren't very good last year. Everyone knew besides the wizzzz. But he has seen every game since 1914 so better not tell him otherwise lol

I was looking back on this past season and thinking about not only our Northeastern Eagles 🦅 but some of the other teams I saw play. I think we need significant changes within our program or we’ll never see that state championship that has eluded us. I’ve come to realize that we simply cant win the big games on talent alone, we have to be able to make changes on a seconds notice when needed. Will we do that going forward? My gut tells me that it’ll be the same song and dance all over, just a new season. As much as I dislike SWO I think they’re poised to make big strides this season. I like them as my early season darkhorse, no pun intended. This is a team I will be watching closely. WRH, I’d love to see just how great they’d be if they would implement a passing game into their offense. Think of the problems they would’ve presented Shelby, oh what could’ve been. Why is it that Reidsville doesn’t have a nicer field and complex? That program is a dynasty and you’d think they’d have a state of the art complex to field one of the top small programs in the country. I know they lost to Shelby but they are still a phenomenal program who I’d pick over almost anyone in the country within that classification. Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship. They are absolutely loaded and I love their qb, he’s going to be a superstar. Why is it that I find myself loving western Nc football? My wife and I went out west to see Maiden Blue Devils play against Lincolnton Wolves and we absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have seen and their teams fans showed out. One need to go no further than in some of the downtown shops and restaurants in Maiden to see how passionate they are about their Blue Devils. I can assure you that you’d never see that in Elizabeth City. Why is it that lil ole Princeton High School has such a bad ass field? Is there a nicer field to play on in eastern Nc? Princeton football has it going on, that place was lit 🔥. Why is it that Nc State basketball has fallen off so much? How could a school in the heart of Tobacco Road have fallen so low while the blue bloods just keep rolling along. Is true journalism dead? How is everything still Trump’s fault? I’ll end it with this, everything woke turns to shit.
Good to have you back on the boards goobs. State will always suck in basketball..... Hope NE doesn't fall off to much cause you will disappear again. There are tons of beautiful small town football towns in western NC. It will never be the same out east compared to the west in the football. The whole town's shut down on Friday nights to watch their hometown teams. Nothing else to do in most them towns lol

Everything is trump's fault, cause it sells headlines. Just wait for midterms when everything turns RED. Trump will run again, they will be no hiding the ridged election this time around. Biden looks like he just ate a whole bottle of pills everyday. Sad sad country we living in these days

No hype train at SWO. We suck until we make some changes. We did bring in Burney as a coach but he can't play lol so not sure if that will minus the 7 losses we last year.

If Burney can run the (run) offence then maybe. Kerr should be back at RB and hopefully some beef on the line. We need at least 2 good backs as in past years to be in contention. Defense needs a lot of work. Am I over optamistic ..... sure always am. I fully expect to win all games, but we know, as do I, how that goes. I think we have only had 1 undefeated season. Dont need to win them all, just the last game of the year ..... LOL

You are right SWO 1. Hopefully they let Burney run the offense and we should be TON BETTER. Bring back the triple option and let Kerr go off. Kerr is a beasttttttt. Our defense can only improve, so I've got hope on that side of the ball.

They need to get ahold of Tommy Barnes play book. The man could run a defense. If only he had some blood in the area.
The man could relate to his kids, and get the best out of everyone. Smash mouth Orange Crush at its best. Wish he never left the sidelines. The man was the best motivational coach I ever knew. Them boys would run through a wall for Tommy.

Good to have you back on the boards goobs. State will always suck in basketball..... Hope NE doesn't fall off to much cause you will disappear again. There are tons of beautiful small town football towns in western NC. It will never be the same out east compared to the west in the football. The whole town's shut down on Friday nights to watch their hometown teams. Nothing else to do in most them towns lol

Everything is trump's fault, cause it sells headlines. Just wait for midterms when everything turns RED. Trump will run again, they will be no hiding the ridged election this time around. Biden looks like he just ate a whole bottle of pills everyday. Sad sad country we living in these days

yes nothing compared to those big metropolitan areas in eastern NC who just got high speed internet.

Based on players coming back, East Duplin should be very good this year. All the skill guys are back with the exception of the QB and at least 8 starters back on the defensive side. Add to that the return of a very good place kicker. If they can get some cohesion on the offensive line, then they are my pick to at least win the ECC. Two losses last year were to Princeton (37-36), and in the 3rd round versus Wallace-Rose Hill 21-17 after defeating the Dogs in regular season.

Wallace should again be stout and I expect James Kenan to also be improved.

Concerning Reidsville field and complex...

The locker rooms and team room were updated a year or so ago, very nice inside. Not much you can do on the outside of that old brick building, maybe a sign or two.

As far as the field goes, it ends up looking bad because it gets used by the Rec department and other groups that dont pay a dime for the maintenance or upkeep.

Based on players coming back, East Duplin should be very good this year. All the skill guys are back with the exception of the QB and at least 8 starters back on the defensive side. Add to that the return of a very good place kicker. If they can get some cohesion on the offensive line, then they are my pick to at least win the ECC. Two losses last year were to Princeton (37-36), and in the 3rd round versus Wallace-Rose Hill 21-17 after defeating the Dogs in regular season.

You a ED team now? Where you getting your info from?

The locker rooms and team room were updated a year or so ago, very nice inside. Not much you can do on the outside of that old brick building, maybe a sign or two.

As far as the field goes, it ends up looking bad because it gets used by the Rec department and other groups that dont pay a dime for the maintenance or upkeep.
At least they let their rec department use the field? Most schools will never ever dare let this happen..... Props to Reidsville for this

All true. This year's QB was a starter at corner last year as a 10 grader. Have to replace 3 lineman but that's not usually a problem at ED. But I'm sure Wallace will have something to say about that too. Along with JK and maybe SWO

Plus our stadium size is much more than most other 2a schools

Not sure what you are asking. I follow hs football all over SE NC and have for a long time. Have contacts at most high schools in the area but especially Duplin and Onslow counties.
Okay awesome news. Ed doesn't have a ton of fans that post so was asking. Didn't mean to upset you. Football in the east is always better when ED is better. They had a good squad last year just ran into a WRH team that was loaded, with a D1 back. Holley will always have the boys ready to play. Hope SWO can hang with them this year

All true. This year's QB was a starter at corner last year as a 10 grader. Have to replace 3 lineman but that's not usually a problem at ED. But I'm sure Wallace will have something to say about that too. Along with JK and maybe SWO
Maybe SWO. We got a baller at RB that's about all I know. Brought in some coaching that can relate to the kids, so hopefully SWO will be on the raise. Been an underdog our whole lives so we shall see.....

Unc91 you actually got an ED guy on your staff this year also. Is what I hear. His name is Breon Hall and was a heck of a player at ED. Hope your Stallions are back. Like you said makes everything better

Clinton hype train already started. They swear they will win the title every year. Not sure what they got coming back, but they weren't very good last year. Everyone knew besides the wizzzz. But he has seen every game since 1914 so better not tell him otherwise lol
I understand this is just a troll post but do please provide evidence of “They swear they will win the title ever year” cause I haven’t seen one post stating that

Okay awesome news. Ed doesn't have a ton of fans that post so was asking. Didn't mean to upset you. Football in the east is always better when ED is better. They had a good squad last year just ran into a WRH team that was loaded, with a D1 back. Holley will always have the boys ready to play. Hope SWO can hang with them this year
No worries, not upset at all. Funny thing about the two ED-WRH games last year was Roberts' stats. First game ED won but Roberts had 17 carries for 198 and 2 TDs. 3rd round playoff game ED held Roberts to 42 yards on 10 carries with no TDs and lost. Again, if ED can fill some holes on the O line, I expect them to be very good. Week #2 game at Princeton will tell a lot.

Both WRH and JK had very good JV teams and will should be able to replace their losses. Not easy to replace a talent like Roberts but WRH always has good backs. JK will have to replace do everything Andrew Pender but should win 8-10 games.

Clinton will be good and I expect Holmes, Washington and SWO to make some noise.

Make no mistake, whomever comes out of the east will still be big underdogs against either Shelby or Reidsville.

@daagoob if you want a breakdown of Clinton and my outlook for the upcoming season just hmu on twitter…..I won’t post it up here I’ll be accused of starting a hype train. Lol never knew simply talking about your team and some returning players was starting a hype train 😂😂😂 man I miss David Lee RIP ninja

Unc91 you actually got an ED guy on your staff this year also. Is what I hear. His name is Breon Hall and was a heck of a player at ED. Hope your Stallions are back. Like you said makes everything better
When I spoke to Burney he told me this. Hall is a standup guy and true competitor which I love, and can only help. I'll be at every game again this year and like you sir, hope them stallions are back and firing on all cylinders

I understand this is just a troll post but do please provide evidence of “They swear they will win the title ever year” cause I haven’t seen one post stating that
Come on dude? Really? You Clinton boys especially wiz have Clinton winning title every year...... No one from Clinton besides yourself have posted this year. But been the same from Clinton for last 20 years........

@daagoob if you want a breakdown of Clinton and my outlook for the upcoming season just hmu on twitter…..I won’t post it up here I’ll be accused of starting a hype train. Lol never knew simply talking about your team and some returning players was starting a hype train 😂😂😂 man I miss David Lee RIP ninja
Lee would be dogging your hype train in his grave.... It's every year with you guys. See I have the upmost respect for Clinton from years past. The new coach is underachieving in my eyes with all the talent you all say you have. First Rd clowns that is

H
No worries, not upset at all. Funny thing about the two ED-WRH games last year was Roberts' stats. First game ED won but Roberts had 17 carries for 198 and 2 TDs. 3rd round playoff game ED held Roberts to 42 yards on 10 carries with no TDs and lost. Again, if ED can fill some holes on the O line, I expect them to be very good. Week #2 game at Princeton will tell a lot.

Both WRH and JK had very good JV teams and will should be able to replace their losses. Not easy to replace a talent like Roberts but WRH always has good backs. JK will have to replace do everything Andrew Pender but should win 8-10 games.

Clinton will be good and I expect Holmes, Washington and SWO to make some noise.

Make no mistake, whomever comes out of the east will still be big underdogs against either Shelby or Reidsville.
Hope you're right about SWO we can't go nowhere but up...

Still looking for this “hype train” please show me where myself or another Clinton poster said Clinton is winning the state championship this year…..or even last year…….it doesn’t exist that’s why. Let me help you out simply “talking” about your team isn’t hyping them up ok. SWO#1 makes post about SWO every week is that “starting a hype train” as you say? Or is he just talking about his favorite team???

Still looking for this “hype train” please show me where myself or another Clinton poster said Clinton is winning the state championship this year…..or even last year…….it doesn’t exist that’s why. Let me help you out simply “talking” about your team isn’t hyping them up ok. SWO#1 makes post about SWO every week is that “starting a hype train” as you say? Or is he just talking about his favorite team???
Lol alright my guy. Keep pulling this we attacking stance that's on you. You are blind as a bat if this isn't a pattern of Clinton in years past. Of course not this year, it isn't summer yet........ no shit you ain't calling for a title. But best believe soon they come out the wood work saying Clinton #1 seed in the east easy. Coach Johnson got the boys firing all cylinders ready for title run. Been same for years. Haven't even sniffed the title game. So we clean slate, what Are your thoughts big man???????????????

Lol alright my guy. Keep pulling this we attacking stance that's on you. You are blind as a bat if this isn't a pattern of Clinton in years past. Of course not this year, it isn't summer yet........ no shit you ain't calling for a title. But best believe soon they come out the wood work saying Clinton #1 seed in the east easy. Coach Johnson got the boys firing all cylinders ready for title run. Been same for years. Haven't even sniffed the title game. So we clean slate, what Are your thoughts big man???????????????
Lol ok and that’s your stance. It’s only 4 Clinton guys that post up here myself,04,Wiz,and FFanantic not once as far as I can remember have anyone of us claimed or predicted a Championship( so i call BS on the “swear they gonna win a title every year” statement) of course when the team is playing good your gonna complement them are you not suppose to? Lol I given this enough of my time I’ll just make sure I thread lightly when posting about them this season don’t wanna be accused of starting a hype train that doesn’t exist.

Reidsville will have some tough games in the regular season as well. Eastern Alamance, who could come out the east in 3a. Western Alamance who is likely a dark horse in the 3a east, and Page should be much improved as they were young. Reidsville will also have to deal with the potential of al lee the qb being possibly out for the year. The championship def runs through shelby, but Reidsville is the 2nd option outside of shelby and I think that was shown some last season as well.
Al Lee had surgery on his non throwing shoulder a month ago. He played basketball with the injured shoulder. Recovery time is expected to be three months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT