ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts, some football related, some not

Lol ok and that’s your stance. It’s only 4 Clinton guys that post up here myself,04,Wiz,and FFanantic not once as far as I can remember have anyone of us claimed or predicted a Championship( so i call BS on the “swear they gonna win a title every year” statement) of course when the team is playing good your gonna complement them are you not suppose to? Lol I given this enough of my time I’ll just make sure I thread lightly when posting about them this season don’t wanna be accused of starting a hype train that doesn’t exist.
Dude wiz was still pissed three weeks after Clinton got put out. Y'all thought y'all were the best team in the east. But okay keep forgetting common knowledge. I understand, I'm in same boat, underachieving with a new coach....

Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWO hasn’t performed that well over the last few seasons but for some reason Clinton lives in your head rent free 😂 think you concerned with the wrong Horses buddy. Have a blessed day
SWO has sucked. We all know this. No one at SWO bragging about being number one seed and getting put out. See you comparing apples to oranges. SWO not the same as past, we admit this. You Clinton boys can't. You'll think Johnbillyboy same as Lewis, not even close. We at SWO accept these facts our coach ain't in the same playing field as Padget. We are good over in the west, trying to improve yearly. You Clinton boys swinging for titles an ain't even closeeeeeee....

Dude wiz was still pissed three weeks after Clinton go put out. Y'all thought y'all were the best team in the east. But okay keep forgetting common knowledge. I understand, I'm in same boat, underachieving with a new coach....
Once again “Y’all” provide some receipts cause I call BS not one Clinton fan said we were “best in the East” we knew we were heavy underdogs in that game so at this point you just talking to talking.

I said after the St. Pauls game that Clinton was a 2nd round team at best and got hate mail so i definitely know speaking for myself I’m not hyping anyone up.

Once again “Y’all” provide some receipts cause I call BS not one Clinton fan said we were “best in the East” we knew we were heavy underdogs in that game so at this point you just talking to talking.
You was the number one team in the east? Wtf? Y'all thought you had a walk to the title game... Am I being to hard on y'all or am I misremembering shit bro? I'm old, I'm not trying to start anything, just remember y'all were talking playing NE in the east finals?

I said after the St. Pauls game that Clinton was a 2nd round team at best and got hate mail so i definitely know speaking for myself I’m not hyping anyone up.
Ive followed your post for years, and by far the most hard on Clinton poster there is. I wasn't including you in this title run talk. But every year Clinton fans swear their the team to beat....

Wiz swear y'all was the team to beat. Bitched everyone kicked y'all out of conference cause they was scared of Clinton and so on...

• Haha
Clinton fans and goobs on the same level... Lol he swore NE would win title every year lol neither happened

You was the number one team in the east? Wtf? Y'all thought you had a walk to the title game... Am I being to hard on y'all or am I misremembering shit bro? I'm old, I'm not trying to start anything, just remember y'all were talking playing NE in the east finals?
I thought you was talking about last season. You are talking about 2019? Cause that’s the last time we were the 1 seed.

We lost to Northeastern in the Eastern Championship but no one thought that was going to be a walk thru. And go back to that season after we lost to Central Cabarrus NO ONE picked us to do anything that year and we needed up playing in the Eastern title game if anything I say we overachieved that year………only season we really really can say we underachieved is the Spring season in 2020 losing to Eastern Randolph in OT in first round.

We lost to Northeastern in the Eastern Championship but no one thought that was going to be a walk thru. And go back to that season after we lost to Central Cabarrus NO ONE picked us to do anything that year and we needed up playing in the Eastern title game if anything I say we overachieved that year………only season we really really can say we underachieved is the Spring season in 2020 losing to Eastern Randolph in OT in first round.
That lose to ER really feed into my theory...... First Rd clowns.... SWO has had many as well. But wiz lost his shit. It's all in fun brother. Like I said ton respect for Clinton for 30+ years..... Just seems like always a title team in Clinton due to their fans hype train lol

Yea 2019 brother but it's all good. Water under the bridge. What Clinton bringing back this year
Ok I gotcha. Well i don’t think it’s a hype train as much as expectations. Blue bloods with tradition always going to expect to be in title race…it is what it is.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Ok I gotcha. Well i don’t think it’s a hype train as much as expectations. Blue bloods with tradition always going to expect to be in title race…it is what it is.
Love how you phrase that. Blue bloods, not many of them. I'll never forget for 10 year span, Clinton or SWO represented the east for the title. Good times brothers. Hopefully SWO get their shit together sooner than later

That lose to ER really feed into my theory...... First Rd clowns.... SWO has had many as well. But wiz lost his shit. It's all in fun brother. Like I said ton respect for Clinton for 30+ years..... Just seems like always a title team in Clinton due to their fans hype train lol
I’ll give you that one no defense. Up two scores in the 4th under 7 mins left no way you suppose to lose that game. That one still stings.

I’ll give you that one no defense. Up two scores in the 4th under 7 mins left no way you suppose to lose that game. That one still stings.
I was listening on the radio and couldn't believe it.. thought it was some kind of a joke. But highschool kids you never know brother. I see why that still stings

I was listening on the radio and couldn't believe it.. thought it was some kind of a joke. But highschool kids you never know brother. I see why that still stings
Just sports in general until it’s 0:00 on the clock better bring your A game……trust me I’m a UNC fan and I’m still pissed about last Monday night…..even tho we weren’t suppose to be there but up 15 you gotta hold on to that it’s the National Championship

Just sports in general until it’s 0:00 on the clock better bring your A game……trust me I’m a UNC fan and I’m still pissed about last Monday night…..even tho we weren’t suppose to be there but up 15 you gotta hold on to that it’s the National Championship
Lol fam you don't understand broke my TV. Couldn't sleep for two days. Couldn't believe what happened. If I wasnr married for 29 years, she probably divorced me that night. I lost it, and as an old man I never lose it.........

Yea I was pretty disappointed….proud but extremely disappointed lol. But hey at the beginning of February if you told me UNC would be playing for a National Championship I would of looked at you crazy so I’m proud of them for what they accomplished in March but man how do you lose that game

“Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship.”

This ain’t small 2A West anymore, where you can pencil those guys in, year in and year out.
Reidsville will be a load, no doubt, but ain’t no easily winning anything. Shelby was young, too, and returns a lot. Burns will be a threat as well. Barring injuries or some new Covid bs, the road to the state championship will run through Shelby..
We’ll take Hwy 18 then…bust Burns azz…then head on down that way. 😂

I was looking back on this past season and thinking about not only our Northeastern Eagles 🦅 but some of the other teams I saw play. I think we need significant changes within our program or we’ll never see that state championship that has eluded us. I’ve come to realize that we simply cant win the big games on talent alone, we have to be able to make changes on a seconds notice when needed. Will we do that going forward? My gut tells me that it’ll be the same song and dance all over, just a new season. As much as I dislike SWO I think they’re poised to make big strides this season. I like them as my early season darkhorse, no pun intended. This is a team I will be watching closely. WRH, I’d love to see just how great they’d be if they would implement a passing game into their offense. Think of the problems they would’ve presented Shelby, oh what could’ve been. Why is it that Reidsville doesn’t have a nicer field and complex? That program is a dynasty and you’d think they’d have a state of the art complex to field one of the top small programs in the country. I know they lost to Shelby but they are still a phenomenal program who I’d pick over almost anyone in the country within that classification. Reidsville will go untouched this upcoming season and will roll easily to the 2a state championship. They are absolutely loaded and I love their qb, he’s going to be a superstar. Why is it that I find myself loving western Nc football? My wife and I went out west to see Maiden Blue Devils play against Lincolnton Wolves and we absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have seen and their teams fans showed out. One need to go no further than in some of the downtown shops and restaurants in Maiden to see how passionate they are about their Blue Devils. I can assure you that you’d never see that in Elizabeth City. Why is it that lil ole Princeton High School has such a bad ass field? Is there a nicer field to play on in eastern Nc? Princeton football has it going on, that place was lit 🔥. Why is it that Nc State basketball has fallen off so much? How could a school in the heart of Tobacco Road have fallen so low while the blue bloods just keep rolling along. Is true journalism dead? How is everything still Trump’s fault? I’ll end it with this, everything woke turns to shit.
Maiden vs Lincolnton was a great choice to watch a ballgame….Goob. Lotta history between our schools…and you just never know how the game is gonna go. Thanks again for the kind words about our area and our passion for football.

Ya know…it’s been 43 years since we won a title in football..let that sink in….yep!… I guess we (Maiden fans) are crazy😜…but we’re still believing though!…gotta feeling you’re still believing too!😉

I’ll be headed to Craven county in a couple weeks to see my new grand baby….I might just ride around the area looking at some football stadiums while I’m there…sounds like fun to me. You know I’m from Maiden and we ain’t got much else to do!😂

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Well, since I eat breakfast and/or play golf with some of the coaches on a regular basis I don't know who these "insiders" might be.

Maybe people that coach inside sports? LOL

Either way, the fact it is his non throwing shoulder would leave me to think he will be ready in time for the season. My only medical experience is from Doogie Howser and Scrubs, so I could be wrong

Maybe people that coach inside sports? LOL

Either way, the fact it is his non throwing shoulder would leave me to think he will be ready in time for the season. My only medical experience is from Doogie Howser and Scrubs, so I could be wrong

What I heard that yes he’s supposed to be ready. But he did get surgery kind of late. Denny is preparing to be the starter, it’s possible Denny could kill it if he has to start the season.

Reactions: daagoob
What I heard that yes he’s supposed to be ready. But he did get surgery kind of late. Denny is preparing to be the starter, it’s possible Denny could kill it if he has to start the season.
Why do you think Denny would be the starter if Lee can't go? The Rams will have a redshirt Freshman QB (Neal) that will be really, really good. Good enough to start somewhere if not QB then WR/DB. IMHO Neal is a better option. I have heard unconfirmed rumors that Denny will be the QB this fall for the Rockingham County Cougars.

Lee held off on surgery because he wanted to finish the basketball season. Doubt he would have waited if there was any chance the surgery would affect football this fall.

I'll see if I can get you a progress report.

Why do you think Denny would be the starter if Lee can't go? The Rams will have a redshirt Freshman QB (Neal) that will be really, really good. Good enough to start somewhere if not QB then WR/DB. IMHO Neal is a better option. I have heard unconfirmed rumors that Denny will be the QB this fall for the Rockingham County Cougars.

Lee held off on surgery because he wanted to finish the basketball season. Doubt he would have waited if there was any chance the surgery would affect football this fall.

I'll see if I can get you a progress report.

Denny was at the senior meeting for the rams. As of right now Denny is a ram. Even some rock county players and some close to the program aren’t certain if Denny is coming back or not. Mule do you have a email or something? Can send you an email

Denny was at the senior meeting for the rams. As of right now Denny is a ram. Even some rock county players and some close to the program aren’t certain if Denny is coming back or not. Mule do you have a email or something? Can send you an email

If Denny stays at RHS, who would the Rockingham QB be?

@Chopper747 look at all of these Ram insiders, and not a word from you.. Yet, Shelbyfan1 used to have Lady and The Tramp style lunches with the HC, and you gave him hell about being a “golden insider”. Anyway, this is typical in small towns and counties. If you actually claimed a team, you would have known this.

Last edited:
@Chopper747 look at all of these Ram insiders, and not a word from you.. Yet, Shelbyfan1 used to have Lady and the Champ style lunches with the HC, and you gave him hell about being a “golden insider”. Anyway, this is typical in small towns and counties. If you actually claimed a team, you would have known this.
Choppernuts the insider for every program in the state......

@Chopper747 look at all of these Ram insiders, and not a word from you.. Yet, Shelbyfan1 used to have Lady and The Tramp style lunches with the HC, and you gave him hell about being a “golden insider”. Anyway, this is typical in small towns and counties. If you actually claimed a team, you would have known this.

I knew this was coming lol

Cut it out...there's like 2.5 of them.

When the season starts, there's 3 battalions and 2 regiments of golden insiders or wannabe golden insiders.

Maiden vs Lincolnton was a great choice to watch a ballgame….Goob. Lotta history between our schools…and you just never know how the game is gonna go. Thanks again for the kind words about our area and our passion for football.

Ya know…it’s been 43 years since we won a title in football..let that sink in….yep!… I guess we (Maiden fans) are crazy😜…but we’re still believing though!…gotta feeling you’re still believing too!😉

I’ll be headed to Craven county in a couple weeks to see my new grand baby….I might just ride around the area looking at some football stadiums while I’m there…sounds like fun to me. You know I’m from Maiden and we ain’t got much else to do!😂
Hey @Maiden Creek , go check out the stadium at Mattamaskeet in Hyde County. You won’t believe your eyes 👀. It’s not to far away from Craven County.

@Darkhorse#34 will that running back for St. Paul’s be coming back? I completely forgot about them. I also didn’t know anything about the qb position at Reidsville until @tarheel fan1 had posted about it. @UNC91 , the ship was already sinking in Raleigh and now today I see that T Smith is entering the draft. But, KKIAW 😂😂😂😂.

@Darkhorse#34 will that running back for St. Paul’s be coming back? I completely forgot about them. I also didn’t know anything about the qb position at Reidsville until @tarheel fan1 had posted about it. @UNC91 , the ship was already sinking in Raleigh and now today I see that T Smith is entering the draft. But, KKIAW 😂😂😂😂.
Yeah Baldwin from St Pauls is a senior this upcoming fall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT