ADVERTISEMENT

Radio, T..V. Internet...just curious.ji

Ben-Badd

Sep 26, 2016
What about Radio, T.V. interadionet guys...is it interfering with game attendance?

Middle Creek home games are all live streamed and archived at sportsblock.net and it has never affected attendance. It doesn't replace being there, high school football is best live. The only people who will view it on TV etc are people who have an interest in the game but no intention of going to it.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I've been doing radio broadcasting of Raider football games for 20 years. I've never had anyone tell me they stayed home to listen to the radio instead of going to the game. But I have had numerous people tell me that their sick, etc. mom or dad could listen to the game and keep up with their beloved Raiders.

No doubt, some have stayed home when the weather was too hot or stormy or whatever. They may have even listened to the game on the radio. But those would have stayed home either way.

Radio hypes the game and the team. not just on game night, but throughout the rest of the year as well.

just my .02

I don't think live broadcasts affect attendance, just like it doesn't affect the pros or college football.

Mooresville has always broadcasted our games live on our radio station... for as long as I've lived here. We've almost always had home sellouts regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT