ADVERTISEMENT

Question?

Stallionfromthepointe

Sep 17, 2016
If Mallard Creek needs games right? Why did they take South Pointe(SC) off of the schedule?They were under contract to play again! Why is that my NC prep fans?

My thought was maybe, because SP was young last season and just won their third consecutive state tittle and it just might be to much for them! Just my opinion but want to hear yours!

If Mallard Creek needs games right? Why did they take South Pointe(SC) off of the schedule?They were under contract to play again! Why is that my NC prep fans?

My thought was maybe, because SP was young last season and just won their third consecutive state tittle and it just might be to much for them! Just my opinion but want to hear yours!
They were not under contract & MC does not schedule games to win , they schedule them to compete!

Thought last year was a one year deal. Did not hear it was a two year at the time.

2017 is NC's year one of the new scheduling cycle and realignment. Last year was year one for SC.

I think MC was wise on their 2017 schedule. Very young and I expect them to be the underdog at Scotland.

I know they have made attempts to schedule IMG in the past with over 25 FBS players, South Pointe would be cupcakes in comparison. Scotland County with the # 1 RB is not a walk in the park.

Southpointe playing St Frances this year??

I know they have made attempts to schedule IMG in the past with over 25 FBS players, South Pointe would be cupcakes in comparison. Scotland County with the # 1 RB is not a walk in the park.
why would MC play IMG if they can't beat south pointe? If south pointe is such a cupcake with three consecutive state titles I mean MC nearly beat Dillon who lost in the state game. I wasn't being serious, just asking a question I was told it was a two year deal.

You start a thread ensiuating
We would love too. We don't mind it wasn't like we got destroyed by a team who openly and who can legally recruit! We were up so what is your point.

So MC's take an L to South Pointe 17-6 and you insinuate that because SP was young like MC, that MC now believes SP is to much so they back out and schedule just as strong teams? Makes no sense! You also make a false statement about them being under contract. When the same question is proposed to you, you get all sensitive.

Your question was answered!

Last edited:
Reactions: sikner51
why would MC play IMG if they can't beat south pointe? If south pointe is such a cupcake with three consecutive state titles I mean MC nearly beat Dillon who lost in the state game. I wasn't being serious, just asking a question I was told it was a two year deal.

Nope you weren't being serious and it shows!

condescending:
Showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others

Your information is incorrect

Exactly! I'm a MC homer and we could have been beat by numerous teams in NC last year
I'm a vance supporter and I could sense the tone in that. When teams are good there's always a thin line between winning and losing especially a close game. I sense a shelby Homer thing going on here. When ur team sees success especially for a few consecutive years u tend 2 expect to win and have a certain tone when it comes 2 playing other good teams. But when u start losing close ones (Richmond cty) u tend to think ur better than u r, or even worst (independence) u let ur fan base destroy ur program. Gotta be humble with success.

I clearly said jk meaning just kidding at the top I was really just asking a question! I didn't understand what happened and you all get so sensitive!

MC don't want to IMG because if they were serious they could have gotten IMG this year in Charlotte on ESPN. Thanks.

MC don't want to IMG because if they were serious they could have gotten IMG this year in Charlotte on ESPN. Thanks.

Again... more wrong information. Its amazing how many of you post with zero idea on what your talking about. NC schools are not allowed to play on ESPN.

You are correct about one thing. MC doesnt have any interest in playing IMG this year. Their schedule is set and has plenty of high caliber NC teams

But it was your most talented team ever....preseason top 10 nationally....
WRONG!

2011 was the most talented and they lost to Page in the Western Region finals.
This years team was probably the least talented! :)

Talent does not guarantee Championships when you play big boy Football.
Like IMG taking an L to American Heritage with 27 FBS guys on the roster. #1 Team in
Ohio, St. Xavier lost 5 games and finished #15 Nationally. It happens!

Very seldom happens in little guy football, since across the board, not a lot of talent.

NO PROBLEM,YOUR WELCOME! I'm glad i could clear that up for you! :)

Last edited:
WRONG!

2011 was the most talented and they lost to Page in the Western Region finals.
This years team was probably the least talented! :)

Talent does not guarantee Championships when you play big boy Football.
Like IMG taking an L to American Heritage with 27 FBS guys on the roster. #1 Team in
Ohio, St. Xavier lost 5 games and finished #15 Nationally. It happens!

Very seldom happens in little guy football, since across the board, not a lot of talent.

NO PROBLEM,YOUR WELCOME! I'm glad i could clear that up for you! :)

My bad...thought you as well as many others including btango said this year's MC was the most talented ever...and were very surprised they lost, said it was a heart thing this year...no leadership...yeah pretty sure that WAS (I can do that bold thing too!) said.

Just glad someone finished top 10 nationally in our state. Oh yeah....our little boy, not a lot of talent MLB was just offered by LSU yesterday. But LSU is just little boy football...I guess.

Reactions: Shelby Lion
My bad...thought you as well as many others including btango said this year's MC was the most talented ever...and were very surprised they lost, said it was a heart thing this year...no leadership...yeah pretty sure that WAS (I can do that bold thing too!) said.

Just glad someone finished top 10 nationally in our state. Oh yeah....our little boy, not a lot of talent MLB was just offered by LSU yesterday. But LSU is just little boy football...I guess.

Please show me the poll where Shelby finished top 10 nationally? You out of all people know, you can't just make stuff up.

Last edited:
You are correct my friend...you of all people should know by now that we never make stuff up. Everything we ever post is statistical facts.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/nrvgmy...-small-schools-national-football-rankings.htm

We didn't see Dillon on there...think about it.

You left out the small school part! Remember that. SMALL SCHOOL!

Nope you didn't see Dillon there, like you will never see them on the field.
And everyone know's why! :)

539ff5df47ba76dd80eb5616c4a94de3.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats for shelby, again this is 4a not 2a. Idk y u come here with 2a bs. Again not a creek fan but I seen creek first hand and besides our qb and hall the next 5-7 best players on the field was on creeks team that night our qb was jus better. Not sure how shelby would do but vs them in the trenches I would go with creek.

You left out the small school part! Remember that. SMALL SCHOOL!

Nope you didn't see Dillon there, like you will never see them on the field.
And everyone know's why! :)

539ff5df47ba76dd80eb5616c4a94de3.jpg

Not to jump into the little boy big boy contest BUT

2016 Final Max Preps Rankings: Note only good if your team is ranked above the team you are arguing with!!!! ha ha ha
Shelby High National Rank : 276
Shelby High State Rank: 6

Mallard Creek National Rank: 465
Mallard Creek State Rank: 12

Just thought Id bold a few words and throw this out there... This aint the "Little boy polls" its the "Big Boy Polls" according to some scholars...LOL

Thanks for reading....

2016 Final Max Preps Rankings: Note only good if your team is ranked above the team you are arguing with!!!! ha ha ha

Just thought Id bold a few words and throw this out there... This aint the "Little boy polls" its the "Big Boy Polls" according to some scholars...LOL

Thanks for reading....

Does not make you bigger! You're still little! Argue about what? There's nothing to argue about.

What exactly are you guys looking to accomplish on the 4A board? After
4 years of posting. Nothing has changed! You're still just The little Engine that could beat every little, no competition 2A school in NC.

16147165._UY200_.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for reading....

Actually i think this is the best post out there. After 4 straight titles and a undefeated season where you rolled everyone Shelby is still only ranked 276 nationally and 6th in the state.

I think it speaks volumes of what people outside of Shelby think of the program.

Yeah fellas and with all the preseason babble coming from you two about big bad Mallard Creek and the big boys, you are 465th in the nation

That must sting a tad....Its ok, you fellas are ok in my book.. I was just passing through and thought Id lob a brick....Good volley, just don't get all pissy and go to mamma D on us and get us banned like some whining whelps like to do on occasion.....

Your friend

Shelby Lion

BTW: considering the epic failure of your past seasons accomplishments, can we go ahead and rename the mighty Mallards the "Little Dibs that Couldn't"

Thanks pals....

Don't take it so serious, its just off season babble.....Its ok that we are ranked higher than the Mighty Ducks.... I wonder if Perquimans or Fuquay Varina or personal favorite Chocowinity is ranked higher than the Dibs??? that wouldn't be funny....

16472930_10209103972376702_8879342690275052199_n.jpg

MAN YOU GOTTA HATE THAT

Last edited:
Nobody taking it serious. You guys are trolls and sad!
Yeah fellas and with all the preseason babble coming from you two about big bad Mallard Creek and the big boys, you are 465th in the nation

That must sting a tad....Its ok, you fellas are ok in my book.. I was just passing through and thought Id lob a brick....Good volley, just don't get all pissy and go to mamma D on us and get us banned like some whining whelps like to do on occasion.....

Your friend

Shelby Lion

BTW: considering the epic failure of your past seasons accomplishments, can we go ahead and rename the mighty Mallards the "Little Dibs that Couldn't"

Thanks pals....

Don't take it so serious, its just off season babble.....Its ok that we are ranked higher than the Mighty Ducks.... I wonder if Perquimans or Fuquay Varina or personal favorite Chocowinity is ranked higher than the Dibs??? that wouldn't be funny....

Nothing going to change! You're still just The little Engine that could beat every little, no competition 2A school in NC.

Last edited:
Bigger than the winningest 2A program in North Carolina. It hasn't been built yet though.

IMG_CoalAsh_01_2_1_O34SFV8U

You guys try way to hard!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT