ADVERTISEMENT

QB From Hough

DBguru2007

Feb 26, 2018
What's the deal with the QB from Hough. I know he lit it up this year but has only one offer. Are there red flags we don't know about. He seems like a pretty good athlete and good kid. Thoughts ??

He lit it up? I thought he came in with a whole more hype than he deserved. If I remember correctly he started the year a little slow, as did the whole team, but he seemed to pick it up and progress as the year went on. D1? I think he is a mid major QB but probably not a power 5 QB in my opinion. I’ve seen a lot of Indy and Butler football the last 15 years or so, so I know what a Power 5 QB is suppose to look like in HS.

He lit it up? I thought he came in with a whole more hype than he deserved. If I remember correctly he started the year a little slow, as did the whole team, but he seemed to pick it up and progress as the year went on. D1? I think he is a mid major QB but probably not a power 5 QB in my opinion. I’ve seen a lot of Indy and Butler football the last 15 years or so, so I know what a Power 5 QB is suppose to look like in HS.
3000 + total yards, I'd like to think that is pretty good. I believe he is a good mid major QB as well. Just surprised he hasn't gotten more attention.

Big time athlete. Will play at the next level, maybe not at QB. Improved alot from July/Aug to November but struggled with mechanics and accuracy. Missed some wide open kids and missed them by alot. Still....moments when he made you jump out of your seat. Thought they did him no favors by making him sit in the pocket. On the move he was a big time threat. Reminds me a little of Ifedi his JR year. By the time he was a senior he figured out the throwing and everytime Vance needed 3 yards he just ran power and was unstoppable.

Hough is loaded next year. Lot of studs but my gut tells me they miss Nagy. Just a football player who made alot of the offense and defense work for them.They will need multiple kids to replace him.

The best pure thrower at Hough is the young Maye kid. If he doesnt out grow the position like his brother look out. He will break every passing record at Hough.

Big time athlete. Will play at the next level, maybe not at QB. Improved alot from July/Aug to November but struggled with mechanics and accuracy. Missed some wide open kids and missed them by alot. Still....moments when he made you jump out of your seat. Thought they did him no favors by making him sit in the pocket. On the move he was a big time threat. Reminds me a little of Ifedi his JR year. By the time he was a senior he figured out the throwing and everytime Vance needed 3 yards he just ran power and was unstoppable.

Hough is loaded next year. Lot of studs but my gut tells me they miss Nagy. Just a football player who made alot of the offense and defense work for them.They will need multiple kids to replace him.

The best pure thrower at Hough is the young Maye kid. If he doesnt out grow the position like his brother look out. He will break every passing record at Hough.
The kid is a great athlete I know him n his dad pretty good, kid is a great athlete...at that size I think he' a sub 4.5 40 athlete...the looks good getting off the bus. Like blue said the kid jus have problems when it comes 2 being in the pocket and making certain throws down field. They destroyed us but it was more with his legs than arm..but hell after a while he killed us passing. I agree u have 2 base the offense off his strength...get him moving and move the pocket, jus keeping him sitting in the pocket doesn' fit his strength.

3000 + total yards, I'd like to think that is pretty good. I believe he is a good mid major QB as well. Just surprised he hasn't gotten more attention.
Stats don't make you a college player. It is not hard to put a guy a QB and get stats and even at RB. You could rush for 2000 yds, that do not make you a college player. You must go to camps and prove that you belong at a certain level. They will find you!!!!

I'l admit he wasn' as good as a 10th grader but kids get older, mature n see the field better. I would give him an offer jus off of measureables alone. Kid is impressive.

Reactions: Champ_24
This is his 3rd school since the start of his 10th grade year. He is a tremendous athlete with all the physical ability. Smart kid too. Very strong in the weight room. And he made incredible progress this year at Hough. If he has a great Senior year, I still think he is not a power 5 player.
But, definitely a mid major player.

Reactions: DBguru2007
This is his 3rd school since the start of his 10th grade year. He is a tremendous athlete with all the physical ability. Smart kid too. Very strong in the weight room. And he made incredible progress this year at Hough. If he has a great Senior year, I still think he is not a power 5 player.
I can see app state, Georgia st or ecu.

Reactions: DBguru2007
Stats don't make you a college player. It is not hard to put a guy a QB and get stats and even at RB. You could rush for 2000 yds, that do not make you a college player. You must go to camps and prove that you belong at a certain level. They will find you!!!!

I agree on the stats but this kid doesnt need to do a lot on the camp circuit. He plays for one of the most recruited schools in the state with 3 or 4 BCS kids already on the team. He will get his opportunity. It just may not be at QB.

Problem is most of the 2019 QB spots are already slotted. Hard to break through as a senior and sign as a QB at a power 5. It happens, but the numbers are against him.

Coach Cut WANTS an athletic qb, thats no secret. That's why he was pissed when Chazz decommitted. Look at Duke last 6qbs. All Dual-threat.

When in Fayetteville, he was working out with Earl Harvey who broke numerous division 2 passing records while at NCCU. Since he's moved to the Charlotte area, Ramon Robinson who develops a lot of young QB's in the Carolina's has taken over.

Went undefeated as 9th grader at 71st in Fayetteville. Transferred to Jack Britt for sophomore year. Should have good year. Is that offer from ODU?

Kyler Davis who started on Varsity @ 71st since his Freshman year was his competition. Most likely the reason he made the exit to Jack Britt, who didn't have a clue. Seems like things are working out.

Kyler Davis who started on Varsity @ 71st since his Freshman year was his competition. Most likely the reason he made the exit to Jack Britt, who didn't have a clue. Seems like things are working out.
posted rankings in another post.....Kyler Davis ranked 46 in state on 247 sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT