House being cleaned?
Just as "We" said weeks ago?
[JR] … cleaned?
[JTP] ...cleaned?
[Jubal/MB] …?
[TT] … ?
[SH] ... ?

The
I’ve already heard that the leading name being thrown around is the athletic director! He’s a huge part of the existing problem! People in waynesville need to step up and complain to the school board and central office and get this principal removed before it’s to late. Tuscola can’t afford to lose anymore good coaches and teachers because of his incompetence![/QUOTE

It was always the plan. It is exactly what will happen.

Will there be a serious search or a sham like the last one ?? They need to clean the whole lot of them . Jmo

Will there be a serious search or a sham like the last one ?? They need to clean the whole lot of them . Jmo
The only searching would be if Trantham can’t find Michael Belue in his office. He may have to roam the halls and break rooms a few minutes to find him, and tell him he’s the new head coach. Brace yourselves Tuscola fans, it’s going to happen. Mediocracy will continue until you get rid of this principal, in the classroom and athletics.

In my opinion this is tuscola's chance to strike while the iron is hot. There is a good chance the mountie's move down to 2a during the next realignment.

This principal is all about putting his friends in positions instead of the best people for the job. Teachers and coaches are leaving in droves... good ones. Heard they just lost another teacher Tuesday... Don’t think for a minute that JTP just “resigned” as head coach. He knew that he was going to be replaced- probably with MB. Heard more people are trying to leave the hill-all because of the leadership there. Community needs to start showing up at board meetings and insist something gets done to fix the problem!

Reactions: JAC4T
They would have been 1-4 this year in the mountain 6 at 2A

They would have beaten east henderson and franklin but either way, that's pure speculation. Heck they lost 4 games in a down wmac. Nobody, and I mean nobody would want to compete in an up wmac if asheville and erwin come back around. And if west henderson continues their upward trajectory like most have seen coming for years, it's going to make for some tough years. It's just common sense that if you have an opportunity to not compete against the largest schools in our area, you'd take it. Sure there are a few very good smaller schools but if given the choice of playing smoky or brevard most years over acr, asheville and erwin most years, we both know what nearly everyone would say. To hammer that point, 2 of the best schools in the m6 (smoky, pisgah) beat tuscola by 23pt average. 2 sub .500 wmac teams (erwin and tcr) beat them by a 29pt average.

Last edited:
The only searching would be if Trantham can’t find Michael Belue in his office. He may have to roam the halls and break rooms a few minutes to find him, and tell him he’s the new head coach. Brace yourselves Tuscola fans, it’s going to happen. Mediocracy will continue until you get rid of this principal, in the classroom and athletics.
That is exactly what is going to happen. Jubal will be the head coach.

My problem with all this is is how much actual
high school teaching experience does TT or MB have? TT was a elementary teacher for 2 or 3 years. That’s his only classroom experience. Then, MB is promoted from elementary phys Ed to high school athletic director. End result: zero years high school classroom experience. And these clowns get huge promotions? Find me anyone who approves of TT as a superior. I’ll wait. Family member’s approvals don’t count.

Reactions: Dogthathunts
I’ve already heard that the leading name being thrown around is the athletic director! He’s a huge part of the existing problem! People in waynesville need to step up and complain to the school board and central office and get this principal removed before it’s to late. Tuscola can’t afford to lose anymore good coaches and teachers because of his incompetence!
I seriously hope he doesnt get it. There wont be a good turnout of players next season if he does.

In my opinion this is tuscola's chance to strike while the iron is hot. There is a good chance the mountie's move down to 2a during the next realignment.
If NCHAA goes to five classifications Pisgah and Tuscola will both be 3A .Hope we have at least an eight-team conference.

I am certainly not a defender of the Tuscola principal, but instead of everyone piling on him, some of the focus needs to be on the superintendent that put him there. No head principal experience and the superintendent hands him a high school position. Can't blame the principal for taking it; probably around a $15- 20K or so pay raise. Guys, it all starts at the central office and their poor decisions. Pisgah gets Bailey and Conner; Tuscola gets McDonald and Trantham. You Pisgah guys have got it good as far as past and present leadership goes and I hope you don't take that for granted.

I am certainly not a defender of the Tuscola principal, but instead of everyone piling on him, some of the focus needs to be on the superintendent that put him there. No head principal experience and the superintendent hands him a high school position. Can't blame the principal for taking it; probably around a $15- 20K or so pay raise. Guys, it all starts at the central office and their poor decisions. Pisgah gets Bailey and Conner; Tuscola gets McDonald and Trantham. You Pisgah guys have got it good as far as past and present leadership goes and I hope you don't take that for granted.
We don't..

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
Clint Conner is one of the best things that's ever happened to PHS. He just taught weights and was the QB coach for football when I was there, but I knew then that he would do much bigger and better things as he was pursuing his masters degree at that time. A great man and a great educator who will continue to put PHS in the best position academically and athletically. Also, most people don't know that he also played a little college QB at GW back in the day. I personally believe he would've been an all-time coach but what he's doing now is honestly so much more important. Ya know, it's really not fair that we get him and Tuscola gets TT. Hahaha, oh well. Michael Belue will be the next coach on the hill, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It was the plan from the start and everyone knew it. J.T.P. did not willingly resign, he would've been fired within the next week. They can pretend to search for a new coach but as someone previously said, all TT has to do is find the nearest mirror and M.B. will be standing there flexing in front of it, ready to accept the HC job.

Won't happen

You are correct, it will not happen. Pisgah will ship everyone to Central Haywood for a week like they did last time. By the current ADM numbers, Pisgah should be in the MAC and Tuscola should be in 2A. But make no mistakes, Pisgah will lie, cheat and steal not to play in a big boy conference. You can bank on it.

Can you make a thread just like this for us next? Hell just post the same stuff and change “tuscola” to “Asheville” and it’ll suffice
Hey cougar1, what kind of season did your Wr and return man Pasley end up having. I watched the game vs Hendersonville and that Pasley kid is one of the best playermakers I've seen in a while , he had a couple catches and a punt return that were unbelievable . Also it did look like Asheville had plenty of talent on there team. Your LB is also a great player. Do you know where Pasley is going to college. I only saw him play one game but he has all the tools plus he's got the size and hands

You are correct, it will not happen. Pisgah will ship everyone to Central Haywood for a week like they did last time. By the current ADM numbers, Pisgah should be in the MAC and Tuscola should be in 2A. But make no mistakes, Pisgah will lie, cheat and steal not to play in a big boy conference. You can bank on it.

tenor.gif

Wah, wah, wah! What a whiner! Ever wonder how Tuscola has been able to reduce its ADM so quickly? It’s not because kids have moved out of west Haywood.

Last edited:
Just wait. Waynesville is adding somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 apartments. I believe I read they will house in the neighborhood of a thousand people combined. This, and the joke of a school, shining rock academy losing students, will increase tuscolas daily average. They’re already planning to reopen Central Elementary to accommodate the increase of students.

https://www.themountaineer.com/news...cle_f7011f46-d96e-11e9-acd3-fbfed68c44d8.html

Sucks doesn't it

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I know it's only K-8 right now, but can the kids at Shining Rock Classical Academy play public school sports if they choose? Confused on how all that stuff works.

Just wait. Waynesville is adding somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 apartments. I believe I read they will house in the neighborhood of a thousand people combined. This, and the joke of a school, shining rock academy losing students, will increase tuscolas daily average. They’re already planning to reopen Central Elementary to accommodate the increase of students.

https://www.themountaineer.com/news...cle_f7011f46-d96e-11e9-acd3-fbfed68c44d8.html
I don't think you will see the impact until a few years down the line, just like in Asheville, many of the newcomers are young adults with young families or the exact opposite of retirees.

I know it's only K-8 right now, but can the kids at Shining Rock Classical Academy play public school sports if they choose? Confused on how all that stuff works.
I don’t think so. I know the kids at Haywood Early College can’t participate in sports, band, etc at any of the high schools.

If we were in the same conference as Tuscola the last three years we would still finish higher than Tuscola every year.

Clint Conner is one of the best things that's ever happened to PHS. He just taught weights and was the QB coach for football when I was there, but I knew then that he would do much bigger and better things as he was pursuing his masters degree at that time. A great man and a great educator who will continue to put PHS in the best position academically and athletically. Also, most people don't know that he also played a little college QB at GW back in the day. I personally believe he would've been an all-time coach but what he's doing now is honestly so much more important. Ya know, it's really not fair that we get him and Tuscola gets TT. Hahaha, oh well. Michael Belue will be the next coach on the hill, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It was the plan from the start and everyone knew it. J.T.P. did not willingly resign, he would've been fired within the next week. They can pretend to search for a new coach but as someone previously said, all TT has to do is find the nearest mirror and M.B. will be standing there flexing in front of it, ready to accept the HC job.
Danny Miller by far the best principal to walk the halls at Pisgah

Danny Miller by far the best principal to walk the halls at Pisgah
I'm actually related to Danny and I play golf with him about twice a month. He was a great principal as well. He retired a year or two after I left there. I never said Clint was the best, If you look I said "one of the best things to ever happen to PHS". Danny was actually a big influence in Clint deciding to go further his education so that he could become a principal.

Last edited:
If they give the job to the current a.d. there will be a mass exodus not only players but fans ! As I have stated multiple times this could get worse before it gets better.

Wah, wah, wah! What a whiner! Ever wonder how Tuscola has been able to reduce its ADM so quickly? It’s not because kids have moved out of west Haywood.

We closed an entire elementary school in the middle of town just three years ago. Not sure where they went into hiding. Probably somewhere that had jobs for their parents and affordable places to live.

I don't believe the coming apartment complexes will be in the price range of young families. They'll get gobbled up by the next round of retirees from Florida, Georgia, and Mississippi who decide they don't want to build a McMansion and deal with keeping it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT