ADVERTISEMENT

Post today's score, all classes.East/West

And they set Elle supthin was all the cards had!! Lawson for the three at the buzzer . Cards 41 Dogs 38 . Dogs led the whole way till the last shot!! HELL OF A GAME . Atmosphere was STATIC. Great game for the dogs as well

Reactions: AHVikingNation
That was only time East Surry led. Shot was not set. Somewhat desperation. Cardinals stayed composed. Murphy slowed it down and quit working toward the basket.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Missing the front end of the one and one twice in the last minute leaves you in the position to lose a game like that. Really heartbreaking when you have lead the whole way but Murphy was a little too sloppy with the ball in the 2nd half and got conservative with the clock management too soon.

Congrats to East Surry on the win... and a thanks to Murphy seniors Clapsaddle, Martin and Moore on fine careers.

Last edited:
And they set Elle supthin was all the cards had!! Lambert for the three at the buzzer . Cards 41 Dogs 38 . Dogs led the whole way till the last shot!! HELL OF A GAME . Atmosphere was STATIC. Great game for the dogs as well
Congratulations to East Surry. Feel for Murphy.
Congrats to nw1a, that conference refuses to die. What a way to go to state championship. I think if you put Avery, Murphy, and es in a double elimination tournament. They would all beat each other 1 time. That's how close the 3 teams are to each other. Es come back in final minute on both smc teams and pulled it out. Murphy tried to play keep away with Avery, and we came back from 10 down with 1.14 left. Bad coaching, you have to keep attacking. Keeps your team in flow of game.

Missing the front end of the one and one twice in the last minute leaves you in the position to lose a game like that. Really heartbreaking when you have lead the whole way but really Murphy was sloppy with the ball in the 2nd half and I think got too conservative too soon. Congrats to East Surry on the win...
They could not miss anything against Avery, that's how good our luck was!_

Gut wrenching loss for Murphy. Geez, when these teams slow down they so often lose. Hate it for the Lady Dogs but congrats to the Cards

If the one and one Miss would have at least hit the rim it would have most likely caused enough delay with the rebound that it would have went to OT.

Reactions: mbdfan
As in last year, I say this was the real State Championship Game !
That is if East Surry can blow out the east as Mount Airy did.
I disagree man. Does not sound like either team shot the ball great. If either one of these teams shot the ball bad against Avery, they get beat. Any one of the final 3 teams could have went to state. They are all better than the east. Pimlico or whoever has nothing for either of those 3 teams. Don't be acting like es would have beat Avery, cause I think it would have been a great game just like this one was

Murphy got away from feeding Rogers in the post in that 2nd half, she killed East in the paint in the 1st half. Only a freshman, going to be a special player for Murphy no doubt about it.

I disagree man. Does not sound like either team shot the ball great. If either one of these teams shot the ball bad against Avery, they get beat. Any one of the final 3 teams could have went to state. They are all better than the east. Pimlico or whoever has nothing for either of those 3 teams. Don't be acting like es would have beat Avery, cause I think it would have been a great game just like this one was
Clapsaddle threw up an nba three with hand in her face in ot, after we grabbed lead. You have to have some luck in playoffs.

It's the same scenario as two years, except it was ma then not es. Any one of those 3 teams could have went to state that year.

Murphy got away from feeding Rogers in the post in that 2nd half, she killed East in the paint in the 1st half. Only a freshman, going to be a special player for Murphy no doubt about it.
She's a beast man. A future superstar. Quicker than you think.

Reactions: btango
Entering this round Avery probably would have been nerved up and shot poorly also but guess what, they did not make it this far to find out ! So Avery was setting home this time. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
Boys 1A
Washington County: 24
Henderson Collegiate: 35
Halftime

Closer than the score appears...HC made some good defensive stops as the 2nd qtr ended

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT