ADVERTISEMENT

Polk Co at East Surry 1AA Regional Finals

If we was 1aa in numbers we could very well be playing state.
If you asking if a school with 370 could go to state in 1aa I'd say maybe. We would be top 2 in 1aa this year.

Coaches from out of the mtns dont do to good at Robbinsville. We had a coach that didnt do good here but when he went to east Lincoln he won a state title.

Flat lander deluxe you are the man , I worded it perfectly , it’s good they are small , and they hit harder lol that’s so funny

Not a whole lot of difference between the top small 1A schools and top 2A schools but there is much more parity in 2A.

Robbinsville in 2a , you love tryin to get reactions or u have lost your damn mind wsp pretty much gave u all u wanted

Do you know that Mitchell beat the brakes off of mtn Heritage which is playing 2a western Championship friday.
Hendersonville was beat by franklin.
Tell us why Robbinsville couldn't make the title game in 2a. We would be favored vs Hendersonville and would get mtn Heritage at home.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Do you know that Mitchell beat the brakes off of mtn Heritage which is playing 2a western Championship friday.
Hendersonville was beat by franklin.
Tell us why Robbinsville couldn't make the title game in 2a. We would be favored vs Hendersonville and would get mtn Heritage at home.
Bro this is not same Heritage team, hendo is lot better . Been watching film of hendo they are so much better now then when we beat them. Well coach teams get better by end of the year. Mtn heritage had terrible 2 quarter against mitchell gave up 21 from turnovers, but in 2nd half mitchell got 1 first down that's it. But give them credit they beat us.

Last edited:
Lol..as many problems as Robbinsville had with WSP's passing and athletes..it's laughable that they think they could match up speed wise ever with one of Shelby's worse teams...LOL..now thats funny. Shelby would absolutely dismantle both Robbinsville and WSP...and no one in their right mind would disagree. Line Shelby up with Robbinsville 10 games..and they will win most if not all by 20 plus. Same goes for this year's WSP team against Shelby. Weird how people always compare teams and scores until it bites them..after the near loss Robbinsville received against WSP..all everyone heard was the excuse of how yall didnt match up speed wise..against an Ok WSP team...LOL Now they can all of a sudden beat Shelby....LAUGHABLE

Last edited:
Well you've got an opinion as do I.
If we only had a neutral site to pick games. Oh wait Maxpreps has Robbinsville ranked higher than Shelby.

Funny that nobody had a problem with Robbinsville almost losing to Erwin
35-28. I dont really understand that because WSP and Erwin are about the same team. I knew both would be tough for Robbinsville.

Its strange that MTN Heritage gets blown out vs Mitchell and folks say oh MH is better now.
How about this. WSP is better than early in season. WSP didnt play defense all season until the Robbinsville game. Look at all the game film b4 Rville. WSP layed down on defense. Didnt even try.

At the end of the day who cares what you guys say. Your opinion is just that. An opinion.

Robbinsville will be playing for a chance to go to to the 4th state title in 7 years.
#littleolrobbinsville!!

Shelby lost to Hendersonville.
Hendo lost to Franklin.

LOL...get over yourself. Robbinsville will more than likely win small 1a and they have a great program..but you couldn't and shouldn't beat Shelby.

If I had a dollar for every time we beat someone that we shouldn't as you say......

Bro this is not same Heritage team, hendo is lot better . Been watching film of hendo they are so much better now then when we beat them. Well coach teams get better by end of the year. Mtn heritage had terrible 2 quarter against mitchell gave up 21 from turnovers, but in 2nd half mitchell got 1 first down that's it. But give them credit they beat us.
Are you counting the 70 yard Td to open the second half as a first down? After that Heritage did play better but Mitchell got very conservative as well. This isn’t throwing shade or an insult to Heritage just fact. Robbinsville was the best team Mitchell played this year.

Back on topic, Good luck to Polk. I think ES comes out ahead in the end though.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
Are you counting the 70 yard Td to open the second half as a first down? After that Heritage did play better but Mitchell got very conservative as well. This isn’t throwing shade or an insult to Heritage just fact. Robbinsville was the best team Mitchell played this year.

Back on topic, Good luck to Polk. I think ES comes out ahead in the end though.

Go Mountaineers
Like I said you guys got 1 first down in 2and half. And Heritage double you in yards. Been watching Heritage football for years that mit game was worst performance ever especially 2 quarter you guys got 28 points. Love to play you guys again . Looking back that woke Heritage up, kids thought they already won when they got off the bus, like Robinson says it's hard to get kids focus when they have not lost conf game in like 4 years. Give mitchell credit they came ready.

Last edited:
Yes Whitt and Baker on that line are very physical and quick to be around that 280 , 290 mark , and flores also , all 3 returned from last season.Ive watched a lot of high school ball and haven’t seen anyone move people that good .

Reactions: buzzcoach
He obviously is doing a good job , those 5 from last season were the unsung heroes of that team .I think boaz was only sacked just a few times

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Like I said you guys got 1 first down in 2and half. And Heritage double you in yards. Been watching Heritage football for years that mit game was worst performance ever especially 2 quarter you guys got 28 points. Love to play you guys again . Looking back that woke Heritage up, kids thought they already won when they got off the bus, like Robinson says it's hard to get kids focus when they have not lost conf game in like 4 years. Give mitchell credit they came ready.
I promise heritage has had worse performances. You still on mommas titt. They could field some awful teams before Joey

Reactions: wncbowhunter
ES up front best I have seen in 1A since MA 2008.....and they prob better.
Mount Airy has the 3rd highest points scored in 2008 in the state which includes all schools 1A - 4A. They went undefeated scoring 845 points for 53.375 points per game and points against was only 54 for an average of 3.375. East Surry and Mount Airy are in the top 5 most points ever scored in a 13 plus game season.
Mount Airy scored 260 points in the playoffs and only 26 points were scored against them.
This is in the NCHSAA records.
MOST POINTS IN A SEASON (13+ GAMES)
1) Albemarle 898 2001
2) Albemarle 850 2002
3) Mount Airy 845 2008
4) Maxton (13 games) 804 1975
5) East Surry 799 2019
6) Reidsville 785 2019
7) Hickory 767 1996
Also 2nd in the most TDs in a season.
Also had The 2nd MOST TOUCHDOWNS, SEASON
1) Albemarle 120 2001 (16 gm)
2) Mount Airy 119 2008 (16 gm)
3) Independence 116 2004 (15 gm)
4) East Surry 113 2019 (15 gm)

Last edited:
Washington should of stayed and played his Senior so he wouldn’t of got in trouble.

So he is entering transfer portal just like when he got in trouble at MA they suspend him and he transfers to ES. Like I said he didn't learn anything by transferring to another school. We have got to care about these young kids more than just how they do on Atheletic feild.

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT