ADVERTISEMENT

Polk Co at East Surry 1AA Regional Finals

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Polk Co won 30-27 over North Rowan and East Surry over Pine Lake Prep 48-6

Don’t know much about either team so I’ll let other take that side but East Surry hasn’t missed a step since last year and Polk Co has been gritty and are just as good. 8-1 vs 6-1 should be a instant classic at East Surry

I’ll take ES by 14

Reactions: UNC91
East Surry by 28 or more, they have scored 110 and allowed 36 points in the 1st 2 playoff games. Polk won by a forfeit of North Stanly the #1 seed in the 1st round and won by 3 points to a 4 seed North Rowan in the only playoff game they have played. And they won't walk into Dave Diamont Stadium and come away as the winner.

This will be a close game. I give East Surry the edge because they are at home and have a little more experience with the big games. It would be nice if the stadiums could be 100% capacity.

East Surry has the edge but I think they are in for a dog fight and it will be very close just like their regional final with Mitchell was last year.

Reactions: sbbbfan
It will be a long night for Polk , cards looked as good as I’ve ever seen them defensively last week and offensively they looked almost like last years passing team minus some of the speed but now they have added a very good ground game .They have really got this team clicking .

It will be a long night for Polk , cards looked as good as I’ve ever seen them defensively last week and offensively they looked almost like last years passing team minus some of the speed but now they have added a very good ground game .They have really got this team clicking .
So if they meet Tarboro again will it be close

Never mind him and all that racket. Yall came back from way behind last week and won. I watched some film on yall and yall are a scrappy bunch. I expect a closer game this week. 35-21 ES.
I don't take this stuff seriously , I do like reading it and having a good laugh , no matter what I say gonna happen and no matter what anyone else says is gonna happen it will be answered Friday night and I think it's going to be very good game may the best team win.

I don’t know anything about ES except the state title game from last year and that was one of the best performances I have seen. But this is a different team and so are we so that’s a pretty mute subject. To this game idk really I have watch some film from this years ES team and they are a good looking team ... should be a fun game and always happy to travel to a new town and school. Regardless we are really proud of this year’s Wolverines

I don’t know anything about ES except the state title game from last year and that was one of the best performances I have seen. But this is a different team and so are we so that’s a pretty mute subject. To this game idk really I have watch some film from this years ES team and they are a good looking team ... should be a fun game and always happy to travel to a new town and school. Regardless we are really proud of this year’s Wolverines
Probably a bit hard for East to scout with film when y'all were essentially on the sideline for a month. It does say a lot though, when you can come back from that time off, start as fast they did, get down and then come back and win. Says a lot about Polk's mental toughness.

Most teams that can score with East tends to be a better game polklife, yes I do believe if Polk gets down early they are done , u won’t be coming back from big numbers against cards defense . Good luck !

Polk fans, Mitchell heard the same crap last year. “East is the best team ever. You don’t stand a chance.” Mitchell was one blown call on a TD at the end from sending them packing, so you definitely have a legit shot at winning.
I saw the call on film and your right if the ref don't blow it , they be watching y'all play tarbouro !!!

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer
I saw the call on film and your right if the ref don't blow it , they be watching y'all play tarbouro !!!
East Surry will be playing Tarboro because you can't even spell Tarboro. Spell it or not East Surry over Polk by 28 and maybe 35. East has to do it this year because they will have to go through 2A Reidsville for the next 4 years.

East Surry will be playing Tarboro because you can't even spell Tarboro. Spell it or not East Surry over Polk by 28 and maybe 35. East has to do it this year because they will have to go through 2A Reidsville for the next 4 years.
Really? That’s a petty response from someone who self destructs if he’s not the first person to post a score. Phones have small screens and alot of us cant see as good as we used to.

Really? That’s a petty response from someone who self destructs if he’s not the first person to post a score. Phones have small screens and alot of us cant see as good as we used to.
I can care less about posting scores anymore. I see all the scores every week but I have posted them for many years and others seem to want to post them now and that makes me happy to not have to fool with it anymore. And It has never bothered me if others post the scores. I have posted my last score for this 2020-2021 season. I see scores every week that don't get posted. Crap for brains, you post the scores if you can. I have forgotten more about finding scores than you will ever know. ROFLMAO ! Some people get so jealous that they are clueless about what I can or could do ! Prove me wrong and post all the scores. I am done for the CORONA-19 virus season. By the way I use a computer that I have 5 or 6 different URLs up finding scores at the same time picking scores up from all the west & seeing scores from the east if I wanted the pursue them. That don't include 3 or 4 radio station in the playoffs. My age has taken its toll on my ability to do what I used to. The younger generation can take it for a while......

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
after careful though I think I'll tell coach ollis my boy ain't making the trip and advise him to cancel the game and save all of us the embarrassment that is obviously awaiting us . NOT !!!!!!
Maybe he can opt out like unc running backs. In the words of the great Roy Williams it means you freaking quit. lol. Polk should consider the fact that Mitchell nearly kicked a much better East surry team out. Polk plays a similar style control the clock and the game kick their ass c bass.

East Surry definitely has the athletes to walk away from Polk, but the Wolverines are next to impossible to prepare for. Bruce Ollis has them practice about 5 different offensive sets, and you never know which one is going to show up. Hell, I've seen them run the option out of the I formation for 3 quarters, then run the friggin Notre Dame Box in the 4th and win. I expect a fairly close score, with the yards, and the win going to East, but time of possession going to Polk.

East by 40!!! Revenge for those of us who remember last time Polk won at East. Jeffrey Stein had the pick AND the clock had run out!!!

Reactions: BigRedFan27
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT