ADVERTISEMENT

Polk Co at East Surry 1AA Regional Finals

East by 40!!! Revenge for those of us who remember last time Polk won at East. Jeffrey Stein had the pick AND the clock had run out!!!
just for the record we weren't running the clock and y'all were at home something wrong with this picture.

Reidsville coach has talent. You give that talent to 10 coach’s in the mountains and they do more with it than him. Any coach in the mtns that makes deep runs on a regular basis is a way better coach than the one he faces. Eventually the other teams talent just becomes too much.

Mountain players now mountain coaches are the best , the coaching staff at Reidsville is top notch , you really show your ignorance making a statement like that .Almost saw a basketball school in Winston prep beat robbinsville and that coaching staff isn’t a very good football staff.

That’s funny ! You people are very arrogant up there for sure .We can’t hit , we can’t run and now we can’t coach in the flatlands lol.

Reactions: UNC91
All I’ve seen in most of the posts on here is when any mountain team loses they talk about not being 100 percent .The Murphy and robbinsville thread right now is loaded with comments about how all these players are 40 , 75 90 percent lol. I’ve never seen so many excuses . Talking about coaching staffs , sounds like they need to concentrate on conditioning .

You keep on with the jabs.

What Robbinsville does with very low enrollment and one of the poorest counties in the state is astonishing.
That not only football but also Wrestling.

Robbinsville gets more done per kid than anyone in the state. Our wrestling program goes up against the best in any class. Our football plays Country Day, Chirst School, Asheville next year. You CANNOT find a school with 370 kids that
Does that.

Reidsville coach has talent. You give that talent to 10 coach’s in the mountains and they do more with it than him. Any coach in the mtns that makes deep runs on a regular basis is a way better coach than the one he faces. Eventually the other teams talent just becomes too much.

Do more than him? You know he has 8 championships?

Why are we having a pissing match over coaches? What the staffs at Reidsville, Murphy, and Robbinsville do year in and year out is more than impressive. But without the support of the community and feeder programs that are strong they couldn't do it. Acknowledge all 3 are 3 of the top notch staffs and programs in the state and move on.

Mountain players now mountain coaches are the best , the coaching staff at Reidsville is top notch , you really show your ignorance making a statement like that .Almost saw a basketball school in Winston prep beat robbinsville and that coaching staff isn’t a very good football staff.

East Surry almost lost to a 157th ranked team. Lmao.

😂😂😂

Reactions: UNC91
This is thing. I’ve never said mountain players are better than what the other places in the state have. In fact I think as a whole mountain teams generally have a handful of what other areas have whole teams of, talent wise. I think what the coaches up here do with what they have is impressive. I know the tradition of Reidsville. It’s not I think that the coach there is anything less than great but you give the Joey Robinsons and Pittmans and Fords and Chappels up here the talent that he has on a regular basis and they would beat him. I think these coaches mentioned are amazing because of what they have done with inferior athletes. Obviously Gentry at Murphy and Walsh at Robbinsville are very very good to do what they have done at the 1a level especially Robbinsville as small as they are to have faced the athletes they have over the years and win anyway. I agree about the excuses about injured players etc. it is what it is. Those teams are deep enough they will be fine. They made it this far so....

I’ll throw this out there. The Asheville’s and ACR’s out athlete teams around here then they go down the mountain and get beat. Most schools up here don’t have what they have let alone down the mountain

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
WOW, 3rd State Playoffs Friday and nothing to talk about but coaches. Whats going to happen in all the playoff games Friday. Could be talking about driving time, places to eat near the home games, who has injuries, etc. We all know all the better coaches are because they are in the playoffs practically every year.

Talk about what you want to dude. We will too. Who died and made you king of the boards? This is open right? You are one head case you know?
I was making an observation of what I usually see talked about every year. You don't have to be a smart ass calling me a head case, jerk ! ! So I take you have nothing to talk about so you have to find someone that made a comment that offended you and no one else. So sorry I offended or hurt you feeling. I wasn't expecting anyone being so thin-skinned on my post that was making suggestions of things I usually see. Also, you said this is open right? I made a clean statement not directed to you.

Last edited:
An interesting topic would be to look at the use of technologies! How many successful programs have end zone cameras, have sideline Hudl, have the experienced staff to take this info and use it immediately on the sideline??? Or look at their equipment!! Who has the most advanced helmets!! Does your school have a Licensed Athletic Trainer or just a first responder?? How many coaches on your staff are paid?? What is the actually “teaching “ schedule for your head coach? Not all school systems provide an opportunity for athletic success. If your school does be thankful!

TD. What I said has very little to do with what you said this time but more your need for attention and feeling important on a regular basis

Reactions: BigRedFan27
TD. What I said has very little to do with what you said this time but more your need for attention and feeling important on a regular basis
I am hardly ever on here anymore except to post a few scores and no one else has complained. I guess you are just one of these winners that don't get attention themself. So go ahead and have your last word because you are not worth my time or probably anyone else. Have a wonderful day and if your team was in the playoffs I would wish you luck.😉😉:) We're done.

TD I read your garbage more than I care to. I have posted far less than you have over the last 5 or 6 years for sure. And undoubtedly this year so save I hardly post. You want some cheese because you cry more than my son has in his 4 year life

You average 515 posts a year and I average like 225 a year. Wow!! Can’t believe I wasted one of my posts on this LOL!!

What..........

Owen, sit down and shut up. You’ve been using a radiator as your condenser for your moonshine haven’t you? Bottom line is the good coaches know how to use their personnel to win, they make adjustments, and they are good motivators period. There are 10 flat land coaches who could take robbinsville. Murphy, and Mitchell’s and win just the same. What a stupid accusation! Furthermore, your a 2A school that gets whipped by a bunch of 1A’s in your own conference. You’ve lost the opportunity to raise your hand and speak!
This whole thing with the mountain boys thinking you play elite football compared to the rest of the state is amusing. “We’re not fast but we’re physical”, is so played out and tired. There are numerous teams off the mountain that will go lick for lick with you just to prove we can and then run by you just to prove we can. Heck y’all want to talk about the past? Ok, when was the last time a team out of the mountains won the 1AA title? 2011 Swain is the answer! Now y’all have a strangle hold on the 1A but let’s be honest, the East in 1A is pitaful. I mean there are 8 teams out of the 1A west that would have beat the eastern team last year in the state title game. No disrespect intended to the East! When it comes to you popping your gums about y’all being elite in 1AA, y’all need to sit down and shut up because y’all are still eating at the toddler table.

Last edited:
And you have how many posts big mouth? Sit down and shut up a while before you spout anything. Everyone has an opinion and that’s ok. Speed kills. We don’t have it and y’all do. Not saying y’all don’t hit but physicality is what we have up here to neutralize to a degree the speed but like I said only so much you can do. You are right we do well in the 1a and not so well in the other leagues but like it or not at least 2 mountain teams will be playing for state titles and possibly 3.

Don’t drink either. Never have never will. To old to start not that I have a desire to

And you have how many posts big mouth? Sit down and shut up a while before you spout anything. Everyone has an opinion and that’s ok. Speed kills. We don’t have it and y’all do. Not saying y’all don’t hit but physicality is what we have up here to neutralize to a degree the speed but like I said only so much you can do. You are right we do well in the 1a and not so well in the other leagues but like it or not at least 2 mountain teams will be playing for state titles and possibly 3.
So the fact that Ive made two post now means I don’t speak truth? I see...

Flatlanders, do you realize how many 1aa schools are in the mtns.
If you knew you would realize that your comment is kinda dumb

Flatlanders, do you realize how many 1aa schools are in the mtns.
If you knew you would realize that your comment is kinda dumb
Yes I do realize. The last two times your 1AA rep cam off the mountain they fired a L back up the mountain. Serious question for you right now...

do you think if the SMC was in 1AA this year would you represent the West next Saturday? That is certainly what some of your mountain brethren have implied! I’ve seen nothing but excuses about being on the ropes to the third place team out of the NWC. Then spewing back and forth about the mountains being elite to us off the mountain and comments that we can’t match your physicality. It’s just played out and been proven false time and again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT