ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

I respect NE program if it wasn't for Gedari Liverman getting hurt one year, a upset lost to Holmes one year and of course running into #3 Jevonte Williams last year NE would have made multiple championship game appearances over the last 4 years

Definitely. Keep knocking on the door. They'll get back soon I hope. 2010 was a fun year!

Reactions: bigdaddyjalil
Blanton stadium will be packed Friday night. Trying to decide if I want to miss our game at Maiden and head down to Shelby.
I guess you better make that decision soon LOL! I hear Blanton Stadium be LIT on Friday nights!

If you have never seen a game at Shelby I highly recommend it. Shelby/Crest attracts a crowd around 10,000. Heck, Cam Newton and a couple other panther players made the trip to Shelby for it a few years ago.
Wow! That reminds me of high school football in Texas, except no school in North Carolina will spend $60 million on a football stadium(for which I'm glad).

Shelby is a great place to see a game. Whiteville went there some years ago in playoffs,great facility and a great game. Go if you get the chance

Reactions: daagoob
Wow! That reminds me of high school football in Texas, except no school in North Carolina will spend $60 million on a football stadium(for which I'm glad).

I remmeber some schools in TX have two stadiums, the upper divisions have two JV teams(or sub varsity), and 2 freshman teams.

I saw they also have two divisions like North Carolina does with A/AA with both sharing conferences, but they call it Div I and II(I think South Carolina used to have 4A division I and II before they went to 5A system).

Difference is in Texas both divisions go up to 5A and 6A divisions I and II. Think 5A/5AA and 6A/6AA, etc.

For reference I saw 6A had 3000 + students. Would be nice to see Mallard Creek or Wake Forest schedule one 5A or 6A just once, not necessarily a series.

Texas is football country. They have basketball talent but do almost nothing with it in college.

North Carolina is basketball country. They have football talent but do almost nothing with it in college.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
I wish all four schools could take over football like basketball. I don't ever see that happening, but it would be epic haha.
In terms of the talent we are producing at the college and pro level we are making progress. Think about NC athletes in the pros in generally, the best shooter of all time in Curry, arguably the best post season pitcher of all time in Madison Bumgarner, and then you have Todd Gurley in the NFL.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Wolf4life, the only reason Pisgah is a projected #1 is because strength of schedule. Murphy hasn't lost since they lost to Pisgah. Greeneville TN is rolling everyone the play. Tuscola is playing winning football right now. The mtn6 conference only has one team eith a losing record in East Henderson, that will probably still make the playoffs.

Texas teams didn't impress me on tv when ACR played them in Florida back in early 2000's. ACR steamrolled that texas team. Didn't attempt a pass the whole game. Ran the ball down their throats.

Wolf4life, the only reason Pisgah is a projected #1 is because strength of schedule. Murphy hasn't lost since they lost to Pisgah. Greeneville TN is rolling everyone the play. Tuscola is playing winning football right now. The mtn6 conference only has one team eith a losing record in East Henderson, that will probably still make the playoffs.

Texas teams didn't impress me on tv when ACR played them in Florida back in early 2000's. ACR steamrolled that texas team. Didn't attempt a pass the whole game. Ran the ball down their throats.
I would argue that South Point, Mount Pleasant, and Shelby have all played a tougher schedule.

Reactions: mrbud and BL1
Back in the late 60's when I was in the Air Force around Wichita Falls, Texas I saw teams and facilities like college's

In terms of the talent we are producing at the college and pro level we are making progress. Think about NC athletes in the pros in generally, the best shooter of all time in Curry, arguably the best post season pitcher of all time in Madison Bumgarner, and then you have Todd Gurley in the NFL.

I know. Just wish we could keep all of our good athletes around. I'm greedy lol! Always talked NC up in basketball and football talent when I was in the service!

That was like ONE game 1000 years ago, and the team they beat didn't go on to have the best record either. The offensive line play in TX is way ahead of NC, also their defensive line play.

Alot of those schools have players on JV that would start on Hibriten or Shelby's team. Look at their hudls. NOthing to sleep on.

ACR didnt play any of the top teams in Texas. Allen high school north of Dallas would put the running clock on any team in North Carolina any year.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
That was like ONE game 1000 years ago, and the team they beat didn't go on to have the best record either. The offensive line play in TX is way ahead of NC, also their defensive line play.

Alot of those schools have players on JV that would start on Hibriten or Shelby's team. Look at their hudls. NOthing to sleep on.
I've been to a high school in Texas that had 2 freshman teams, a sophmore team, a junior team and then the main varsity team.

I would argue that South Point, Mount Pleasant, and Shelby have all played a tougher schedule.

Maybe so but they can only play who's on the schedule. Don't hate the player,hate the game. The game is just working in our favor for once. Believe me I can see your point about Hibriten.

That depends on where the kids go to. Parents go to a school, a new one opens up and they send the kid there.

Looking over some of these things this morning and laughing. their are too many games this week that you just can’t be sure of the outcome that will seriously impact playoff seeding. East is a little more congested I think as for our area

Sc vs Eb
Clinton vs JK
WRH vs ED
SWO vs CRO. (Easy pick but anything can happen)

Guess we have to wait and see

So 2A reidsville is 10-0 and giving up 6.0 points per game.
In their last 4 games they have outscored their opponents 244-0

And hibriten is the defending 2AA state champions and are 11-0 and their closest game was their first game where they won by 34?

Jeez

They did??.....I thought the rumor was that the winner was "required" to give it back

No such requirement. I think this year's winner donated $1365 to the wrestling team to take home an even $20k. Most fans make some donation of their winnings back, but it is not required at all.

Reactions: tarheelg
No such requirement. I think this year's winner donated $1365 to the wrestling team to take home an even $20k. Most fans make some donation of their winnings back, but it is not required at all.
Yes, that's why I put the quotation marks around required....knowing a guy from the area who says it's uh...[shall we say?] frowned upon to keep the winnings

Reactions: eglfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT