ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

Interesting that they have S. Granville jumping Randleman for the #1 spot when with who they both have remaining cant see that changing much. Also in 2AA East with Ledford at#4 does that mean there will only be 4 conference winners in this bracket?
So based on this the ECC champion gets a #5 seed!? Ridiculous ECC is arguably the toughest conference in the East. ECC champion should be a #2 seed at absolute worst a #3.

ECC is arguably the toughest 2a conference in the state. My issue is that a defending state champion, who has not lost a game, will not have the 1 seed if these projections hold true.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Yes. They have not done anything to suggest they shouldn't be the 1 seed. Why is Pisgah so highly regarded?
No clue it’s hard enough to keep up with what’s happening here in the East, so I am unfamiliar with West. I do agree though Hibriten is good and if they haven’t lost they shouldn’t be penalized.

According to this North Davidson could entertain East Duplin this year in a rematch of the regionals... Also, if Ledford got by South Granville it could be ND and Ledford again, but this time for regionals... Not looking ahead to anything, many things have to happen in order for that to even occur.

Personally I just want to see ND and Randleman. So close to each other and never play. It's a shame...

Reactions: Csmoove76
I like the fact that if Northeastern wins their first game then they'd likely face Clinton with the opportunity to play SWO the following week. That is a dream scenario for myself. This is because it gives my Eagles an opportunity to play against those teams from down south who have such rich traditions and have won multiple state c'ships.

I like the fact that if Northeastern wins their first game then they'd likely face Clinton with the opportunity to play SWO the following week. That is a dream scenario for myself. This is because it gives my Eagles an opportunity to play against those teams from down south who have such rich traditions and have won multiple state c'ships.
Tigers aren’t letting SWO get out of the second round if we get the opportunity. Looking at the bracket for 2A East it is brutal. Some really good potential matchups. WRH vs. East Bladen. JK vs. SWO. Clinton vs. NE the list goes on. Northeastern is clear favorite.

Reactions: daagoob and eglfan
ECC is arguably the toughest 2a conference in the state. My issue is that a defending state champion, who has not lost a game, will not have the 1 seed if these projections hold true.
Hibriten should have the #1 seed, being undefeated and the defending champions. #1 until someone knocks the off.

Clinton is good. Big and strong. You really want to see that?? :) you know I'm messing on you. Has your number changed or am I on ignore??:p

Clinton is good. Big and strong. You really want to see that?? :) you know I'm messing on you. Has your number changed or am I on ignore??:p
Lol, sorry Otis I haven't looked at my phone in almost 2 weeks. I had that pro event here last week and this week I've been playing catch up on all my work. No you're not on ignore LOL. I will call you tonight during the Northeastern game. I want Northeastern to play the Clintons,Swo,and WRH'S in the playoffs. I know that if we beat them then we will get some respect. As a Northeastern fan I can honestly say that I want that opportunity. That's not a knock against those teams, it's a compliment. Those teams have always been at the top for the the most part and experienced what it's like to win it all. We haven't, not in my lifetime anyway, and I want to experience it.

I also notice they have SW Edgecombe in 2A where earlier projection they were 2AA
First, remember that any time a team enters or leaves the field of 64, that can alter the cut line between 2A/2AA and East/West in both subdivisions......Also they're using last year's ADM numbers....in my previous projections that i've not published, both SW Edgecombe & Hertford Co. have been 2AA but my revision this morning, both went back to small....these two were right at the big/small cut line last year

those projections lol....im guessing they still have us losing one of our last 2 games....if we win out and capture a ECC championship your telling me the highest we would get is a #9 seed??? but sadly it wouldn't surprise me

for me personally I think it would be a shame having NE and Clinton play in round 2......cant remember what year it was but East Duplin and Tarboro were the 2 best teams in the East hands down and they ended up playing in round 2...those types of games you wanna see in round 3/4

Reactions: daagoob
Interesting that they have S. Granville jumping Randleman for the #1 spot when with who they both have remaining cant see that changing much. Also in 2AA East with Ledford at#4 does that mean there will only be 4 conference winners in this bracket?
In my most recent unpublished update, I have Mt Pleasant as a fifth conference champion in 2AA East....looks like the difference is that HSOT is projecting Cummings to finish 2nd in its conference and make the playoffs...I am not

Lol, sorry Otis I haven't looked at my phone in almost 2 weeks. I had that pro event here last week and this week I've been playing catch up on all my work. No you're not on ignore LOL. I will call you tonight during the Northeastern game. I want Northeastern to play the Clintons,Swo,and WRH'S in the playoffs. I know that if we beat them then we will get some respect. As a Northeastern fan I can honestly say that I want that opportunity. That's not a knock against those teams, it's a compliment. Those teams have always been at the top for the the most part and experienced what it's like to win it all. We haven't, not in my lifetime anyway, and I want to experience it.
That’s a classy statement!

I respect NE program if it wasn't for Gedari Liverman getting hurt one year, a upset lost to Holmes one year and of course running into #3 Jevonte Williams last year NE would have made multiple championship game appearances over the last 4 years

That’s a classy statement!
Appreciate that. It's honestly the way I feel. We will never get any respect until we can get that monkey off our back and win a state championship. I personally believe we are the best team in small 2a in the East and Im glad it looks like we'll get the opportunity early on in the playoffs to play some of these teams from the ECC. I'm not going to say I'm not worried about them because we are Northeastern lol:D. What I do know is that we have the talent to win it all and no one can deny that.

I respect NE program if it wasn't for Gedari Liverman getting hurt one year, a upset lost to Holmes one year and of course running into #3 Jevonte Williams last year NE would have made multiple championship game appearances over the last 4 years

Thanks, and just so you know,I'm worried about Kaba and your defense. Clinton scares me more than any team in the East, even my friends over at WRH. You do know that SWO 05 will not agree with you on your post though,lol

Clinton’s seed is a joke IF, and that’s IF it were to stay a 9 or there abouts if they win out.

Assuming JK is higher because it’s predicted they will win conference which is definetly possible.

Looks like there could be a really good matchup in 2nd round of the 2A West.....East Rutherford coming to Reidsville................................

for me personally I think it would be a shame having NE and Clinton play in round 2......cant remember what year it was but East Duplin and Tarboro were the 2 best teams in the East hands down and they ended up playing in round 2...those types of games you wanna see in round 3/4
34 this projection isn't going to happen . I mean we still have 2 big games to play both of which will impact the seeds. Apparently whoever has projected the most current place is factoring James Kenan beating us. That may happen but I think the Horses will be the favorite. All the Horses need to do is take care of business the best 2 weeks and they'll be seeded appropriately.

Some people out there still sleeping on JK. Regardless of us winning ECC or not (which we will) this team is firing on all cylinders right now. Avent is peaking, making all the plays. It’s going to be a fun one in Wallace tonight

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Some people out there still sleeping on JK. Regardless of us winning ECC or not (which we will) this team is firing on all cylinders right now. Avent is peaking, making all the plays. It’s going to be a fun one in Wallace tonight
Hey, brudda, this Clinton fan here is not sleeping on JK, or anyone else for that matter. You sleep in the ECC, you might wake up disappointed.

I would love to go see South Point @ Shelby, but I gotta see my Horses stampede East Duplin LOL!

Hey, brudda, this Clinton fan here is not sleeping on JK, or anyone else for that matter. You sleep in the ECC, you might wake up disappointed.
I know Clinton isn’t sleeping and WRH can act like they aren’t but they are. Northeastern and SWO probably everyone else in the East minus East Bladen are. We gave them all they wanted last year they probably still remember that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT