ADVERTISEMENT

Players leaving for private school

DuplinCountyTiger

Aug 16, 2016
Could we potentially see public school players transfer to private schools in mass numbers if NCISAA proceeds with season? Just a thought.

Could we potentially see public school players transfer to private schools in mass numbers if NCISAA proceeds with season? Just a thought.

Risky venture for sure. First off, they’ll play a limited schedule most likely. Secondly, there might be some money available for a kid at this point in the game, but if not, I’m not sure how smart it is to pay 10,000 for a half a season of football.

Will some do it? Probably. Will it happen en masse? I don’t think so.

BREAKING: The NCISIAA plans to resume fall sports practices for all fall sports except football on Aug. 10. Football would begin Sept. 4.

highschoolot.com/ncisaa-plans-t… #HSOT
So does charlotte catholic play or not ?

Reactions: KW23
Catholic won't be playing, I don't think. How many private schools are on their current schedule? If they choose to play, how many private schools do you think would volunteer to be cut down like Custer at the battle at The Little Bighorn.

I believe they will try their best to at least get a few games in so these kids will have some type of a season. Chances are slim, but I think they are working to do something

Some public schools are better than others
True, but none are up to the standards of private school! As I said people are starting to realize that, my sisters school has had to hire o e new teacher, and at the rate people are coming will probably have to hire another one before school starts!

So you haven’t been in one in a while?
In person in a classroom yes! My aunt and cousin just retired from teaching, they told me stories of how bad it is, kids threatening them and administration will do nothing about it! Hell I know a public school teacher that sends their kids to private school, that speaks volumes!

Reactions: KW23
You seem like you have a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject.

I’m sure your sister is a great teacher and I hope they are able to make their new hires.

Reactions: UNC91
True, but none are up to the standards of private school! As I said people are starting to realize that, my sisters school has had to hire o e new teacher, and at the rate people are coming will probably have to hire another one before school starts!
In my area the public schools are top notch. If you send your kid to a private school then you are just lighting your money on fire IMO and some do. It's their choice.

My son went to Porter Ridge HS in NC and got into UNC and I thought that Porter Ridge did a good job with my son. Kids that do not get a good education in Public schools are the ones who do not try or have poor or no parental involvement. So how are public schools not so good???

Reactions: Ooooner
My son went to Porter Ridge HS in NC and got into UNC and I thought that Porter Ridge did a good job with my son. Kids that do not get a good education in Public schools are the ones who do not try or have poor or no parental involvement. So how are public schools not so good???
Lol really! It is useless to try to explain it to sheep!

Reactions: eastern
Lol really! It is useless to try to explain it to sheep!
Sheep hahahahhaha ok. My step daughter went to Reagan and also and step son went to Mt Tabor both received a great high school educations. So what is your argument other than sheep comment which if you were attentive in high school you would know that is a terrible argument.

Last edited:
Sheep hahahahhaha ok. My step daughter went to Reagan and also and step son went to Mt Tabor both received a great high school educations. So what is your argument other than sheep comment which if you were attentive in high school you would know that is a terrible argument.

He’s obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed...

He’s obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed...
I mean I get it some schools can be difficult to navigate. I was a teacher and coach at Parkland which some would deem a tougher school but we always had a good portion of our kids got to college trade schools and tech schools. In fact we had kids at Parkland get the Gates scholarship which is only a 1000 a year. So even at a "rough" school kids can be successful.

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
You’re absolutely right. It’s easy for people to write off the plight of teaching in public schools but that’s because they have never sat in that seat themselves (regardless of who they may or not be kin too). I’m sure the kids are thankful at the end of the day though. Truthfully, few people are cut out for teaching in public schools today and God bless those who accept the challenge.

Let’s be honest, this guy is not making a good case for private schools. If anything, he’s damaging their position. He cites anecdotal evidence and makes dumb statements. His ignorant opinion should not be held against them though, I’m sure they’re fine in their own right.

It’s funny to watch him talk though :D

Last edited:
You’re absolutely right. It’s easy for people to write off the plight of teaching in public schools but that’s because they have never sat in that seat themselves (regardless of who they may or not be kin too) . I’m sure the kids are thankful at the end of the day though. Truthfully, few people are cut out for teaching in public schools today and God bless those who accept the challenge.

Let’s be honest, this guy is not making a good case for private schools. If anything, he’s damaging their position. He cites anecdotal evidence and makes dumb statements. His ignorant opinion should not be held against them though, I’m sure they’re fine in their own right.

It’s funny to watch him talk though :D
Agree 100%

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
You’re absolutely right. It’s easy for people to write off the plight of teaching in public schools but that’s because they have never sat in that seat themselves (regardless of who they may or not be kin too). I’m sure the kids are thankful at the end of the day though. Truthfully, few people are cut out for teaching in public schools today and God bless those who accept the challenge.

It’s funny to watch him talk I know my comment will be taken down but you are such a brave keyboard warrior! The only ignorant ones on here are the ones that think public schools actually teach! Hell the standards are so low now anyone can get in college!
you should change your name Crest is not garbage, but you are an expert on garbage, you see it in the mirror every day!

I mean I get it some schools can be difficult to navigate. I was a teacher and coach at Parkland which some would deem a tougher school but we always had a good portion of our kids got to college trade schools and tech schools. In fact we had kids at Parkland get the Gates scholarship which is only a 1000 a year. So even at a "rough" school kids can be successful.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you! Nor do I wish to get down on you level! I will leave being a mental midget to you!

you should change your name Crest is not garbage, but you are an expert on garbage, you see it in the mirror every day!

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you! Nor do I wish to get down on you level! I will leave being a mental midget to you!

LOL, look at him go!

I’m sure you know a thing or two about crayons. Which colors taste the best? Haha

Lol, is that all you got? I mean, I figured you were stuck in elementary school but I’m surprised that’s the extent of your education. Slow down, sound it out. You can do better, ask for help if you need it.

Lol, another elementary school joke?

Ma’am , you’re showing your true colors. I mean, I’m sure children read these threads after all. What would your teacher sister say? Are you a savage with limited education? I’m sure she would be ashamed. I recommend a cold shower and several head butts to the wall. I will give you the honor of apologizing in the morning....

Walk it off ma’am.

Lol, another elementary school joke?

Sir, you’re showing your true colors. I mean, I’m sure children read these threads after all. What would your teacher sister say after all? Are you a savage with limited education? I’m sure she would be ashamed. I recommend a cold shower and several head butts to the wall. I will give you the honor of apologizing in the morning....

Walk it off ma’am.
Do the world a favor and hold your breath waiting on me to apologize!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the world a favor and hold your breath waiting on me to apologize! I love idiot's like you the equate education with intelligence! I know people with a PhD that are to stupid to get in out of the rain!

Lol, it has nothing to do with education. You’re just lacking... Haha

Hey guys let's not say anything else we might regret. Everyone has their preferences thats why there is a forum blog - to share those ideas and preferences. But lets not get hasty and have name calling. Personally I went to a Public School and for me I wouldn't have had it any other way and I've met friends along the way that went to Private or Private Christian High Schools and they told me that they wouldn't have had it any other way. Like I said we all have our opinions and preferences. And thats ok. But lets have enough respect for one another to not go after each other. Respect for one another is key.

Hey guys let's not say anything else we might regret. Everyone has their preferences thats why there is a forum blog - to share those ideas and preferences. But lets not get hasty and have name calling. Personally I went to a Public School and for me I wouldn't have had it any other way and I've met friends along the way that went to Private or Private Christian High Schools and they told me that they wouldn't have it any other way. Like I said we all have our opinions and preferences. And thats ok. But lets have enough respect for one another to not go after each other. Respect for one another is key.
Sure I don't think that anyone has attacked private schools so I am all for being civil and having a mature debate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT