ADVERTISEMENT

Play at Mount Airy-Starmount game

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Bears up 15-0 and on 10-yard line. The play was clearing a lateral (fumble) and Rams picked it up and ran it back. Refs said incomplete pass. Cut have cut the lead to 15-7 instead Mount Airy scores on next play up 22-0. Not saying it would have changed the game but would have given Starmount some momentum. Bears have a great team and best wishes.

Just looking for something positive from last night’s game as the Bears were clearly dominant and the better team. It looked like the Rams were deflated after this this play and gave up another score.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Definitely a lateral fumble and not an incomplete pass. Too bad for Starmount. However, there are more questionable calls that could be displayed. Officials are having a hard time this year for some reason. What about the interference call where the ball hit the Bear in the chest and he was called for interference and Starmount awarded a first down? Best to leave it alone.

Take away bogus pass interference call and MA takes over ball. Alot of bad calls in this game! MA was without 4 starters also. 43-0 and Bears played horrible on offense.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Also MA held Starmount to 42 total yards of offense. So seriously why are we still talking about this one call. SMH. I will say STM kids played hard and there coach made good adjustments. Few STM kids were late hitting our guys and nothing called.

We have raised an entire generation of athletes to pass blame on officials, coaches, etc. Athletes don't know how to rebound when a bad call swings momentum or something doesn't go their way.

I have no doubt Starmount was deflated after that but we have to teach kids to deal with adversity and get ticked off in a good way when things don't go their way.

Here is what MA takes away: we played horrible and still won. Starmount was much better than score indicated. Coach Adkins will have a lot of things to work on this week. Rather have this game now rather than 4 or 5 weeks from now.

#32 and #8 for MA were on the sidelines hurt..are they both game changers..?
#3 for EW has been out the last 4 games...with him they easily win 3 of the 4..He is a serious impact player on both sides of the ball.

Bears up 15-0 and on 10-yard line. The play was clearing a lateral (fumble) and Rams picked it up and ran it back. Refs said incomplete pass. Cut have cut the lead to 15-7 instead Mount Airy scores on next play up 22-0. Not saying it would have changed the game but would have given Starmount some momentum. Bears have a great team and best wishes.

Unfortunately, I do believe they missed it. That was clearly backwards, should have had 2 sets of eyes on this play that either could have ruled on.

If this was a close game then it would warrant a good conversation. It was played at Starmount. Let's move on.

Who cares - Week 7 , next man up. Bears had 4 on the sidelines and a week that was geeked with tragedy. Does 8 and 32 make a difference? Both are All State caliber players at there position. Two of the best lineman out . They could have possibly made a difference in a game that was a blowouts , ummmm duhhhhhhhh , just saying. State championship comes thru the Granite city this year.

Buzz you said I was wrong on the score thread. The play was right in front of me. I gave credit to your team and stated that was a positive moment that was nullified.
Whistle had blown and both teams stopped play except for the d player picks it up and runs while refs are still blowing the whistle. MA prob stops and tackles him and no way your offense scores after that. 42 total yds says it all.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Who cares - Week 7 , next man up. Bears had 4 on the sidelines and a week that was geeked with tragedy. Does 8 and 32 make a difference? Both are All State caliber players at there position. Two of the best lineman out . They could have possibly made a difference in a game that was a blowouts , ummmm duhhhhhhhh , just saying. State championship comes thru the Granite city this year.
I'm sure the rest of the teams in the west like Murphy robbinsville Eastern Randolph etc we'll have something to say about state championship comes through the granite City this year.

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
They will come thru the Granite City , Murphy and Robbinsville will leave the same way they did the last time. Eastern Randolph we have no history with, should be a fun game. This MA team healthy beats the eastern representative by 3 touchdown
Well y'all should worry about all the Western teams first before going ahead and putting yourself in the State title game. Setting yourself up for a let down if you don't.

Umm i've saw Thomasville this year...I think it runs thru them...i've saw both MA and Thomasville....

They will come thru the Granite City , Murphy and Robbinsville will leave the same way they did the last time. Eastern Randolph we have no history with, should be a fun game. This MA team healthy beats the eastern representative by 3 touchdowns
Might come through Ramseur….
Anyway this thread ain’t about that. Was a backwards pass. Shouldn’t have been blown dead.
And Buzz you did tell her it was an incomplete pass. Probably wouldn’t have changed anything but with teenagers you never know.

The ref called it incomplete pass so I'm right! And whistle was blown so she is wrong to say he would scored bc MA stopped on whistle and would tackled him. 42 total yards of offense enough said moving on.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
1A West after 1st round is unreal…..injuries & Covid may be the toughest to beat

Reactions: BK13T-$
Just stirring the pot guys come on!!! Bareman is right, 1a west will be a dog fight. Def gonna be fun. Let’s hope the Bears are healthy and most importantly that Covid stays away. No matter which road the ship takes who ever wins the west will def be battle tested. Good luck to all the rest of the way.

MA already not healthy. 2 major players prob don't make it back. Knee and leg injuries. Missed 4 starters Friday night and #1 Stroupe went out with cramps.

1a west might be too beat up time they get to play tarboro.
I'm not sleeping on North moore. If they beat Cummings they may be favored over us. Should they finish the regular season undefeated they should be the 1 seed. You right about the 1a west though it's gonna be a gauntlet.

Reactions: thekidd12
They will come thru the Granite City , Murphy and Robbinsville will leave the same way they did the last time. Eastern Randolph we have no history with, should be a fun game. This MA team healthy beats the eastern representative by 3 touchdowns
Man leave Murphy out of this, I'm sure MA would beat Murphy this year but thats not saying much this season. Nobody from Murphy was on here beating their chest to the contrary either.

Ya'll say this same stuff every other year and yet MA has won one state title in the last 53 years. Ya'll love to talk about Murphy winning titles in little 1A, well remind me again what bracket MA won their one state title since schools integrated?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT