ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy & Area Football Turf Fields Updates

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Rumer has it Mount Airy & Elkin is expected to get an artificial turf field after all, according to a source. Anyone have more information as to if this is true and when It may happen for all area schools. I do have more information but would prefer it be verified by someone else that has more limited information and knows why I prefer to let someone else in the know post the acuate updated information.

Rumer has it Mount Airy & Elkin is expected to get an artificial turf field after all, according to a source. Anyone have more information as to if this is true and when It may happen for all area schools. I do have more information but would prefer it be verified by someone else that has more limited information and knows why I prefer to let someone else in the know post the acuate updated information.
Not sure about Elkin bc they are in a flood zone and they were already given money for gym restorations. I could be wrong though!

The State Senator that pushed for the money has long been a huge supporter of the high school that Adkins was last at. Just saying.

Sarah Stevens also is a terrible person. Maybe the Mayberrians will realize she really doesn't give 2 flips about Mayberry.

No excuse for Mount Airy to be left out of this and Elkin too. New gym be damned. That was a necessity due to ADA.

If I was Mt Airy I would rather keep the natural grass. They have a nice facility
Some bleacher updates and additions would be nice. Some people need rails going up and down the steps. I have heard some people say they could use a new press box. The top row fence could stand a wider offset to the top bleacher. But, these probably couldn’t fall under using this money for that.

Last edited:
The State Senator that pushed for the money has long been a huge supporter of the high school that Adkins was last at. Just saying.

Sarah Stevens also is a terrible person. Maybe the Mayberrians will realize she really doesn't give 2 flips about Mayberry.

No excuse for Mount Airy to be left out of this and Elkin too. New gym be damned. That was a necessity due to ADA.
I'll just keep grass and vote Republican before I vote for Democrat who will put this nation in the shape it is now by the way that Turf feild is built with materials made from oil and gas lol the left just astounds me with there thinking

I'll just keep grass and vote Republican before I vote for Democrat who will put this nation in the shape it is now by the way that Turf feild is built with materials made from oil and gas lol the left just astounds me with there thinking
High school OT article from early Oct gave details about the $62 mil the legislators put into the budget and exactly where the money was going!

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712

We know you prefer your government officials to be power mongors that are dysfunctional while fighting constantly with each other over who's poo smells worse. You didn't have to tell us that. It was assumed.

Last edited:
Elkin is in a flood plain that is why that were not eligible is what I was told by Senator Settle.

Bids are being taking for this project now.

At Starmount and Forbush, the first stage will be demolishing the old visitor side bleachers.

Well it looks like Thunder has a thread to post in for weeks now. TD gave him a early Christmas present.
Merry Christmas GIF by Sky

now, now, stop spewing crap that is not only stupid but also ignorant. This is a football thread. keep it that way.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Yep sure enough the idiot that always brings politics into it then hates to hear differing opinions. That is indeed how the left works though

I guess you don't realize this is a political issue and Stevens and Settle let politics influence their decision. It would do some of you some real good to gey away from an area where everyone thinks the same way. But until then keep hurling insults. That's all you've got.

• Haha
Reactions: owen98
I guess you don't realize this is a political issue and Stevens and Settle let politics influence their decision. It would do some of you some real good to gey away from an area where everyone thinks the same way. But until then keep hurling insults. That's all you've got.
This is about Turf Football Fields so talk about that happening and let the politics take care of itself in the Newspapers and on TV. I was just hoping to hear for sure that Mount Airy was getting a Turf Field and hoped someone knew for sure it was going to happen without the negative politics added. So no more politics, just a yes or no on the Turf Fields and when each school in Surry County is getting their new fields ! !

I live in Asheville Thunder. Look at the voting record here. I don’t live in an area that feels the way I do but when you look at all the drugs homeless camps and panhandlers that I see daily then you would see why I don’t agree with my neighbors. Dems are idiots!!!!

This is about Turf Football Fields so talk about that happening and let the politics take care of itself in the Newspapers and on TV. I was just hoping to hear for sure that Mount Airy was getting a Turf Field and hoped someone knew for sure it was going to happen without the negative politics added. So no more politics, just a yes or no on the Turf Fields and when each school in Surry County is getting their new fields ! !

They're not getting a turf field because of politics!

You worry about a turf field and I worry about quality of life and life in general. Who has priority problems?

You worry about a turf field and I worry about quality of life and life in general. Who has priority problems?

I said from the start I didn't like this money being spent on turf football fields when the state has much much bigger needs! Guess what side decided we needed turf fields?? You know the same side that refuses to expand medicaid and took retirement benefits away from new teachers. Oh and the same one that pretty much has decided they don't have to release public records.

The receipts show alot different tale than you believe. It's a 2 way street.

Reactions: buzzcoach
You just said politics didn’t get a turf field but either way it’s always the GOP WHO IS AT FAULT. MAKE UP YOUR MIND DUDE! You talk out of both sides of your mouth. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. I bet you can guess where that is a quote from. It fits you to a T

You just said politics didn’t get a turf field but either way it’s always the GOP WHO IS AT FAULT. MAKE UP YOUR MIND DUDE! You talk out of both sides of your mouth. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. I bet you can guess where that is a quote from. It fits you to a T

Idk what's so hard to understand. The state GOP decided to spend millions in turf fields. At the same time 2 members of the GOP decided to play politics and use a petty excuse to leave out a high school in a county in which 3 other schools are getting fields. And I insinuated Mayberry may have been left out due to Adkins leaving East. A school a Senator has a huge connection to.

Also look at the counties that got money and the ones that didn't.

I can think of a hundred better ways to spend that money for the benefit of the state.

I am happy with grass. If money available a new press box would be nice.
Love see Turf at Mt Airy and new box that old box holds alot of history there though with Ronald Johnson at the mike I'm older and followed Mt Airy football awhile he was once voice of Mt Airy football what some great years I remember him doing game in 97 or 98 against undeated north moore team I think it was his last game Mt airy won

Love see Turf at Mt Airy and new box that old box holds alot of history there though with Ronald Johnson at the mike I'm older and followed Mt Airy football awhile he was once voice of Mt Airy football what some great years I remember him doing game in 97 or 98 against undeated north moore team I think it was his last game Mt airy won
Seems like I can remember Ronald Johnson from back in the late 1960s through the late 1990s. The team is good now but Ronald Johnson was like he should be on TV calling the games, again not to take anything away from the coverage now, they do a great job but it is what you grow up listening to I guess catches your memories !

That wasn't the press box then! The old press box was wood and twice as big!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT