ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Pitch Count Accountability

wtxycolor

Oct 25, 2006
Either the NCHSAA has changed its mind on fining those that don't enter pitch counts by 11 a.m. the next day or some schools have plenty of $$ to pay fines and aren't going to do it or it is too large a task for the NCHSAA to check behind every school every day and see if the counts have been entered because every school is not following the rule.

MaxPreps. From NCHSAA web site: Pitch counts must be entered into
MaxPreps no later than 11:00 a.m. the day after each game.

Cool, I've been entering pitch counts on maxpreps for years simply as part of the game stats and haven't been doing anything any differently this year

Honestly it would be hard for them to monitor EVERY single school...an issue would only come up if a coach from another school would report it

And coaches are not going to (Majority anyway) report other coaches. My problem is, the rule was designed for a player's well-being. So the NCHSAA should be more determined to make sure it is being reported properly. It would not be that difficult to assign X number of conferences to different individuals to check daily. I have a spreadsheet set up for the Three Rivers on my website and it takes me 10 minutes or less to go to MaxPreps and record the number of pitches for the 8 teams the previous night. Finally, I don't like "rewarding" the coaches that are not recording, while coaches are making the effort to do what is required

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT