ADVERTISEMENT

Could There Be A Referee Problem in The NCHSAA ???

Well he picked the wrong day to harass me ! ! Besides where has he been, 2A, 3A 4A boards ?
That's okay. I didn't expect much and I didn't get much.

I don't live my life on these forums. I pop in once in a while and help out when I'm needed. It really doesn't matter whether I replied to your post the next day or a month later, my reply was valid and true.

I'll leave you to your thoughts, such that they are. Happy New Year!

I’ve made an effort not to fuss at officials on the sideline this past season. Worked out a lot better in my stress level. LOL I’ve started to see the effects of not having enough officials.

I only ask for consistency. For example, I had a crew tell me I couldn’t take a timeout to allow a player to re-enter game after losing helmet and the next week another crew told me I could.
Coach, the crew that told you that you couldn't buy the player back into the game was correct. But I understand your frustration. I had an official grant a timeout to a coach one night for that reason. We got everyone back on the field and I didn't charge him the timeout.

It's a rule that gets confused sometimes because a timeout can be used in basketball to buy an injured player back into the game.

Happy New Year all!

I'll crawl back under my rock now. But I can be found on the Ask the Ref forum for those with legit questions and discussion.

Peace.

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT