ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah at Oak Grove

So unless things have changed these can’t be “official” offers as he is only a Sophomore. I’m not close with the coaches since my son has graduated but offers prior to your Junior year are just talk. Not taking anything away from this kid but people look at “offers” too much.
I believe that you are correct, but even a verbal “offer” shows a great deal of interest by the team.

Regardless, he is a beast! It should be a great game Friday, I’ll be there early!

FWIW; this dude is a sophmore! We’ve got a James Madison U commit as well as several other guys with various offers, including the kicker with an offer from Va Tech.
The Boulware kid was huge as well. Someone said he was related to the Boulware that played at Florida State and in NFL?

The Boulware kid was huge as well. Someone said he was related to the Boulware that played at Florida State and in NFL?
I don’t know about the relation, but yea he is a big boy as well (also had a deflection pick 6 in last regular season game along with numerous TFL). He’s also a sophomore.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow!

Reactions: beamer24
It looks like the rain is going to be gone by game time and it's going to be cool and dry. Safe travels to our friends from Canton.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
OG 23. Pisgah 16. Final

I thought Pisgah pushed OG around up front in the 1st half, but their defense looked tired in the 3rd and OG scored on two straight possessions to go up 10.

Pisgah put together a td drive with 3:30 to go and had OG 3rd and long around their own 30 and Creech pulled a Houdini to ice it. They had him dead to rights in the backfield and he squirmed and scrambled for the first down. Not the first time he's made a clutch play in a situation like that.

The Pisgah kids are tough. They have a lot to be proud of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drifter955
OG 23. Pisgah 16. Final

I thought Pisgah pushed OG around up front in the 1st half, but their defense looked tired in the 3rd and OG scored on two straight possessions to go up 10.

Pisgah put together a td drive with 3:30 to go and had OG 3rd and long around their own 30 and Creech pulled a Houdini to ice it. They had him dead to rights in the backfield and he squirmed and scrambled for the first down. Not the first time he made a clutch play in a situation like that.

The Pisgah kids are tough. They have a lot to be proud of.
Congratulations my friend! Fine ball team you have. I was surprised by just how much bigger OG was than us. Got some big boys. I’m proud of our guys we didn’t play our A game but I thought the effort was there. Good luck to you guys next week. After playing both you have a really good ball team but I think you’re probably in for an uphill battle next week. That’s no disrespect to you guys, WH is just on a different level.

Average starting position was huge in this game. We started at the 20 A LOT. OG around the 50 that’s a bad recipe. Also it was a legit call but the 3rd down on OG’s first position in the second half where Pisgah stood OG’s qb up and had the stop but had a facemask to keep OG’s drive alive was a big play in this game. No doubt it was a facemask and a good call just hate it because the QB was already wrapped out and stopped kid just got his hand up too high and got it by accident. OG goes on down to score, big momentum change

Great game overall. Classy fans from Pisgah. They know their stuff and that’s evident even from watching them from the home grandstand.

I do wish the Pisgah coach that was up on the pressbox would have been kind enough to throw his trash in a receptacle rather than toss in into the downspout. That’s going to make some poor staff member spend an hour or two disassembling and clearing the gutter. No, it was not a trash can… but I suspect he knew that.

Congratulations my friend! Fine ball team you have. I was surprised by just how much bigger OG was than us. Got some big boys. I’m proud of our guys we didn’t play our A game but I thought the effort was there. Good luck to you guys next week. After playing both you have a really good ball team but I think you’re probably in for an uphill battle next week. That’s no disrespect to you guys, WH is just on a different level.

WH's resume does look very impressive. Right now I'm just happy to see OG move on. They've had a lot of success for such a young program, but this is their first trip to round 3. Baby steps.

Reactions: SCRballer
WH's resume does look very impressive. Right now I'm just happy to see OG move on. They've had a lot of success for such a young program, but this is their first trip to round 3. Baby steps.
It won’t be the last time if you continue to turn out the type of athletes you have now. Nice School, nice facilities and everyone I met seemed really nice. Good luck moving forward, I liked that there wasn’t a lot of talking for a very physical game by either side. Tough uniforms too, thought the black mixes well with the blue/teal not sure what you guys call it. Maybe next year if the stars align we can host you guys up on the mountain.

Congrats to OG.
Unfortunately the broken record continues to play for Pisgah. Maybe one day we'll return to the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs.

Reactions: PBBear51
This year we had a 2nd round team and that’s where we went. 3rd was possible, no doubt, but probably would have taken a little overachievement. Oak Grove was the best matchup chance we had of getting there, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT