ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah (9-2) @ North Lincoln (11-1)

A 2 win team 2 years ago. A lot of close loses to pretty good teams, I knew they were gonna end up being something. What I said on the forums 2 years ago is North is prob the best 2 win team in the region or more. Sounded like the strongest loser per say but I tried to tell you guys, better watch these boys. Now we know. Helped to have Bazzel on board to shake things up.

A 2 win team 2 years ago. A lot of close loses to pretty good teams, I knew they were gonna end up being something. What I said on the forums 2 years ago is North is prob the best 2 win team in the region or more. Sounded like the strongest loser per say but I tried to tell you guys, better watch these boys. Now we know. Helped to have Bazzel on board to shake things up.

you'd think you would win more games putting up 30- 40 points a game.. unfortunately our defense was like tissue paper....I remember the Lincolnton running back breaking the county rushing record against us..

ran for about 1000 yards that night.. about 350 north and south

you'd think you would win more games putting up 30- 40 points a game.. unfortunately our defense was like tissue paper....I remember the Lincolnton running back breaking the county rushing record against us..

ran for about 1000 yards that night.. about 350 north and south
Yeah that was crazy bout that defense. Seeing that I was like man there’s no hope for these guys but they sure can score ha ha.

If the boys can contain good running backs like Pryor from Burns then they def got a good shot at the title game. Notice I said a good shot, not oh they bad they unbeatable l, gonna win it all. Still got Shelby obviously if they pull off next 2 rounds but the way they are going the chance is there. All games are winnable for North. It’s a toss up who would be next if they take care of business with Pisgah. Hibriten or Burns. I’d prefer Hibriten to come down, I just feel it’d make for a more hype game for some reason. Prob cause they won state and had the players last year to make another run at it. North scrimaged Burns but don’t think Hibriten has ever went toe to toe with em at any point in time.

Burns will be Hibritens ultimate test to see if they deserve the rankings they’ve received and belong with the top dogs this year. Even a dedicated Hibriten fan has told me they’ve not really been tested yet. Hey nothing bad on Hibriten, I’m just telling u what the man said. Don’t get mad at me Beamer ha ha. U my buddy I wanna keep it that way :) (as I’m sure you’ll read this)

Last edited:
Ol I remember I had seen them at a scrimmage and had said that I thought they would have a good year also. Said they were a good lookin football team and then they turned around and didn’t hardly win a game and that left me thinking that I didn’t even know what a good foot team looked like LoL. Guess we were just a little early on our predictions

Stop at exit 113 and go to Jds Smokehouse, by far the best Q around, brisket is awesome along with jalapeno cheesegrits and sweet potato crunch, expect a line but they move you through quick.
Made that 1:15 trip to try it a few weeks ago after hearing the hype. Great smoke flavor but driest pulled pork and chicken I have ever had and wont even get started on the sides. I always give places a 2nd shot but as of now, 2nd to the bottom on my list of Bbq establishments. May try the brisket next time that way. Great service though.

On a side note....Congrats to North Lincoln's basketball team for a victory last night. Looks like the new coach has them playing a different style this year and that was without some of the main starters because of football. Looks like NL is a hot bed for sports. They just won a state championship in Cross Country as well.
And my prediction Friday. NL 56 PHS 13

The North Lincoln JVs dominated all year also so North has something to look forward to...Bazzle took 3 Newton Conover teams to state and knows how to coach a team...

Made that 1:15 trip to try it a few weeks ago after hearing the hype. Great smoke flavor but driest pulled pork and chicken I have ever had and wont even get started on the sides. I always give places a 2nd shot but as of now, 2nd to the bottom on my list of Bbq establishments. May try the brisket next time that way. Great service though.
BBQ king! Onions Rangs ....off the hook!

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
We have in many games outnumbered the home team in numbers. It being playoff season, the numbers are usually even better. If the Mill were to go down for the night, some of us would have to sit on your side.

Bring “The Mill”. The more that watches us put up 56 the better!!

• What's bad is I was looking sooo forward to eating at their Waffle House and shopping at their Dollar General after the game.
  • I’ll be swinging by the Dollar General myself. I need a fly swatter! Headed to Shelby .. where the “Lord of Flies” resides!

Full sentences isn’t IN yours!! Ha!

Humble IS IN my vocabulary...Just love sending you back on I-40 West with a beat down.
Ah..you got me there tarhole... I didn't proof read...sorry tarhole...I'll try harder next time... You've got a funny way of showing the humbleness

Full sentences isn’t IN yours!! Ha!

Humble IS IN my vocabulary...Just love sending you back on I-40 West with a beat down.
Also checked all our posts just to make sure..I was right...only numbers we talked about were fans coming.... Not beat down projection numbers... You may indeed win or maybe you trip up and we do but either way....you'll know we've been there.....tarhole

Reactions: PBBear51
Ignore it.. he will be gone in a week. we are a humble crowd. When you’ve been beat down as many times as North.. it teaches you. I fully expect a high contact game. Bring it loud and proud Pisgah fans! Let’s make it a great atmosphere for The boys to leave it on the field.

Ignore it.. he will be gone in a week. we are a humble crowd. When you’ve been beat down as many times as North.. it teaches you. I fully expect a high contact game. Bring it loud and proud Pisgah fans! Let’s make it a great atmosphere for The boys to leave it on the field.
You get it, sir. Way to rep NL on here.

This is true. It’s finally good to return the favor. I hope it’s a close game, I really do, as it has not been exciting with all the non-contested games.
If it’s close...I give the edge to the Bears as we may panic not being in those situations.

Dadof23, I'm sure we'll get to take our hats off for your boy a few times Friday.
Hello Darling!
I don't have anybody playing, coaching or cheering at NL. I simply live in the area and think NL is on a different level than most 2A teams. Nothing against PHS, just don't see anything they have done or played against that makes me think NL wont continue to play they way they have all year. Safe travels and I'm actually hoping for a good game as I think NL needs a close ballgame as they continue in the playoffs. But...I don't think PHS is the answer to that problem....

3-8 teams shouldn’t be allowed to post. Enjoy your basketball season!
Were you posting two seasons ago when you all were 2-9, or were you not allowed to post??? Oh, wait, you’ve only made four posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT