ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah (9-2) @ North Lincoln (11-1)

4.5.4 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites): (a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows: Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The Executive Committee has the authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. A $1000 penalty shall be imposed on schools failing to meet seating requirements. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the President of the Board of Directors shall have the authority to appoint a committee of three members of the Board to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management.

4.5.4 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites): (a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows: Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The Executive Committee has the authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. A $1000 penalty shall be imposed on schools failing to meet seating requirements. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the President of the Board of Directors shall have the authority to appoint a committee of three members of the Board to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management.
That's what I thought.

So what's the good local joints to eat at in Lincolnton? What establishments support NL sports?

North has been really good lately in multiple sports but they dont have the history with being a fairly new school. I guess 2003 is fairly new. There isnt too many spots around there that really get behind North's sports.

Well thats just sad. No restaurants pay for advertising at the stadium or anything like that?

So what's the good local joints to eat at in Lincolnton? What establishments support NL sports?

North Lincoln is in between Lincolnton and Denver, so there are quite a few good places to eat. BBQ King in Boger City and Joey's in Denver are two of my favorites. Denver seems to have a few more spots than Lincolnton though.

Hopefully I'll get there early enough to eat at sports page then. What time do the gates open at the stadium?

I think by 5:30 people are going and yes they do a 5050 drawing... I would think they sell on visitors side too?

Since this could be the “Last Supper”, so to speak, of the football season, I thought I would share a locals’ perspective on good eats down this way. Stay on I-40 past 321 bypass and stop on any exit in Hickory and eat at any place you desire. It’s all there! Then ride on down to Hwy 16 and you are on your way.
Or..
Take 321 bypass and exit on Startown road. Take a left and then the 1st right on West Maiden road and ride into a slice of heaven! Maiden! You will ride by our high school as well. Restaurants include Scotties BBQ, Brookwood ( fried Chicken is the best), a Mexican place that ain’t bad, or my personal favorite... the iconic Don’s Grill! Best cheeseburgers around! Take East Maiden road when you leave and you are on your way.
Or...
Stay on 321 bypass to Lincolnton hwy 150 and there is a Waffle House and many other restaurants if you turn right. Turn left and you will see the BBQ King on the left and you are also heading in the right direction to go to North Lincoln. BBQ King is Money! Great place with history. You will feel at home! Great bbq, burgers, and homemade onion rings that make u slap ur Momma!
Or...
If fish is your desire.. I suggest Jones Fish Camp on Hwy 16. It’s good! Best hush puppies and tartar sauce you will ever eat. Little pricey though! Harbor Inn in Hickory ain’t bad either and they have a bar! Lol!

I would not expect much to eat at the game on the visitor side. Just saying!
Safe travels!.... and DO NOT SPEED IN MAIDEN!!! they crazy over there!

Glad you let the locals know where to eat then.:D
Thanks for info. We'll see what happens Friday night.

One of the parents wants to take his father but he can't walk far.Can you let him out close to the stadium so he want have to walk a long way?

BBQ King is probably the best option that’s close to NL. Burgers are very good. It’s cash only, just a heads up. Lincolnton has a Waffle House and several Dollar Generals lol, not sure about Denver. Sports Page is also really good. Probably a big crowd there on Friday evening so get there early. Safe travels to all the Pisgah folks.

Stop at exit 113 and go to Jds Smokehouse, by far the best Q around, brisket is awesome along with jalapeno cheesegrits and sweet potato crunch, expect a line but they move you through quick.

If you looking for some good fish I recommend Caption's Cap on HWY 16 about 10-15 minutes from the school.

If you looking for some good fish I recommend Caption's Cap on HWY 16 about 10-15 minutes from the school.
Captains Cap is solid. Good salad bar too, but if you are only getting one shot at food in Denver I would pick Sports Page. The wings are crazy good, and make sure to get a large ranch cheese fry appetizer. You won't be disappointed. If you are running late and don't have time to sit down I suggest Everest Grill. Same intersection as Sports Page. They have an amazing Pita Burger and fried squash is my side of choice. They are the nicest folks around and from a little place called Mykonos Greece. Don't skip the baklava. The other hole in the wall place that has amazing food is Lowesville Cafe. They just started serving dinner and I am not sure if they are open on Friday nights yet. I have been going there for breakfast since I was a little kid. Best livermush omelet you will every have.

Congrats to North Lincoln's Ty Williams who is one of the two recipients of the NCHSAA Performance of the Week awards for his performance in last week's win over R-S Central. He rushed for 176 yards on 17 carries and 5 TDs and on defense had 12 tackles and one sack.

There is an article about it on the NCHSAA website about the award. There needs to be one correction in the article. It states that Williams is a senior. He actually is a sophomore... which is bad news for future NL opponents.

Pisgah fans will be filling in the home side it looks like......they will represent!!!

I’m telling ya, shoulda moved it to East Burke to make it worth all y’all s while ha ha. The way they’ve played past few years be bout the best use of all that room.

Thanks for the heads up on the restaurants fellas. See y'all Friday night. Sure do hope our Bears can make it game. Knights sound like they are loaded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT