ADVERTISEMENT

Pinecrest Football

If my memory serves me right, Garinger lost to Pinecrest in the '79 State Championship series of baseball.

I have never heard of the christian card thats a new one one me. Could you elaborate Tidewater?

Warhead as soon as he hears the deal at Grimsley he will not be interested in that job

Wow. If the truth gets you deleted then you all deserve Metzger. I just got off the phone with a guy who was on his staff. Won't elaborate because you'll just delete. Sad you are all so closed minded.

I have no dog in the fight just hadn't heard that term before. I hate your post got deleted because I was sincere. I don't know anything about his beliefs and not sure how that would help him if he did this knowingly to circumvent the rules. All I know he took a program that was in the shit can and made it relevant. That has to to considered in all of this IMO.

His religious beliefs should have nothing to do with the 8Q deal.
If some in the community aren't fond of them it could be one of the reasons why they want him gone.

Here's a fun fact: Dwight Clark the old 49ers TE who made "The Catch" is a Garinger grad. As is former Redsox manager Grady Little

How about Robert Massey, ten season NFLer and Pro Bowler. But why are we reviewing Garinger alumni? Don't answer Cougie.

I don't know the new poster but he actually hit this one right on the head. I've been saying that for 7 years now. Just not on the boards. And with that I will shut up before I get a slap on the wrist. Merry Christmas to all.

Pinecrest lost 35 seniors, the team will be competitive but probably not a conference title contender much less a state contender.

But you can bet your last dollar the Patriots will be tough as long as Metzger is there.

Reactions: swett2victory
I know this will not answer your question but 4A schools playing Juniors on JV is becoming more and more common in the low country where just a few years ago it seemed unheard of.

Pinecrest lost 35 seniors, the team will be competitive but probably not a conference title contender much less a state contender.

But you can bet your last dollar the Patriots will be tough as long as Metzger is there.
What I saw from that jv team , He has his work cut out for him...He just had the best team pinecrest ever had and didnt get the job done.....They will struggle to finish MAYBE THIRD IN 2016......nuff said

I know this will not answer your question but 4A schools playing Juniors on JV is becoming more and more common in the low country where just a few years ago it seemed unheard of.

JR ON JV? WHERE AND WHY?

Last edited:
Advice would be to a lot of schools-to be on the safe side, DO NOT use the rule for any players. Then, there would be no problems as we have seen two schools, that did not need to use the rule, have their seasons ruined the last two seasons.

JR ON JV? WHERE AND WHY?
Risky and odd, but I know they do it in Columbia if the kid is not playing under the Friday Night Lights.

By the way, a lawsuit out WEST has been filed, and the National Trainers organization and one other national group "suggested" they do away with it (directly related to the lawsuit). They also proposed having only 90 minutes of contact per week since that's what the NCAA allows.

Heard the 6 quarter rule will soon come to a town near you. Now how do you police that? Those that cheat will ALWAYS cheat- those same ones that recruit and flaunt it. In the end, the KIDS suffer yet again! Schools are gonna have to employ a quality control coach just to keep up with quarters! :)

JR ON JV? WHERE AND WHY?

Juniors are not allowed to participate in the eight quarter program, sophomores and freshmen only. Do not think his problem was juniors but paperwork issues.

Glad he was retained. Curious to see if they 8 quarter next season.

Last edited:
What I saw from that jv team , He has his work cut out for him...He just had the best team pinecrest ever had and didnt get the job done.....They will struggle to finish MAYBE THIRD IN 2016......nuff said

Isn't that what I said?

They lost 35 seniors, they will not compete for a conference title......

JR ON JV? WHERE AND WHY?
4ClIgXG.gif

Regardless of the forfeit of games or the numerous seniors this year. Pinecrest was not winning the EAST.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT