ADVERTISEMENT

Pinecrest Football

I'm seeing on Twitter that Metzger is being let go. Ex-players are pledging support, encouraging people to contact the Principal.

I'm not even sure what to say concerning this.

I personally do not feel this will stick.

I know the story, the entire thing, and its not Metzger.

I don't think I need to remind the old timers on this board what Metzger, love him or hate him, has done for Pinecrest HS the past 10 years.

I understand that, Its not over though, can guarantee that.

It may not be reversed, but Its far from over.

I've seen this before. Players and parents push school district, but very rarely are these things reversed. I think it is over too.

Again, it may not be reversed, but I can guarantee you its not over!

I'm not guessing here, I'm guaranteeing you its not over.

I too doubt it will be reversed however.

I agree Catholic, but let me remind you, just this year Moore County reversed a decision to fire their School System Superintendent.

I would say he knows exactly how things can go.

I agree Catholic, but let me remind you, just this year Moore County reversed a decision to fire their School System Superintendent.

I would say he knows exactly how things can go.
Gotcha, it'll be interesting to see it play out. Not sure why they would fire Metzger. He has really done wonders for that program over the last 10 yrs

Coach Metzger has actually not been fired.

An internal committee has recommended that he be fired, Coach Metzger has a meeting with Dr Grimesey on Friday.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I can't see it going through.

I'm just one person with an opinion, my opinion is its a disgrace that some want Metzger fired.

I know the school was not pleased with what happened so that went into the desicion to fire him! Could we see Pinecrest football go in the dumps again?

He's not fired folks, he may get fired Friday, but I can assure you he is not fired at the moment.

Besides the fact that's my home, I know who his attorney is, and I know people, nothing I guess...

If you'll look hard enough, you will also find on media outlets that he is not fired.

Last edited:
This is according to Star 102.5 FM's Facebook page. I Haven't seen anything on any other media web sites. Will continue to investigate.

"BREAKING NEWS! Star 102.5FM has just received information that an internal committee at Moore County Schools has requested that Dr. Grimesey, Superintendent of Moore County Schools, dismiss Coach Chris Metzger as a teacher and coach of Pinecrest High School. So far, this has not been confirmed with Moore County School officials. We are awaiting word and will update accordingly as more information becomes available."

I Have BeEn reading Up oN this ANd hAve some QueStions....

- Is THiS meeting Over How The EIIGht Quarter IncideNT Was Handled? I Looked At THat Situation and AS a bad/sTupid mistake, but it Shouldn't CoSt the mAN his job. IS/Was There OTHer Issues that ARe Questionable (I HAve heard Nothing but GooD thinGs About Metzger) ... Otherr Little thngs That have piled up and the Eight QuarteeR problem was the last StrAW.

LikE somebody sAid on Another message BoArd ... WhY would hE want TO Stay if Others Don't?

That article from the Fayeteville Observer is incorrect, the paperwork for the 8 quarter rule was in fact turned in.

Not that it matters but just stating its incorrect.

That article from the Fayeteville Observer is incorrect, the paperwork for the 8 quarter rule was in fact turned in.

Sounds like you have at least a small vested interest on the coaches side of things. No issue with that but I am curious if everything was done right why were games forfeited and why do they want to terminate him. What is the agenda?

From Star 102.5 ...

UPDATE as of 3:00 PM this afternoon, according to a source close to the investigation, Pinecrest High School athletic director Ernie Purnsley was recommended to be dismissed from his position as well. We'll keep you posted as we learn more! And don't forget to tune in tomorrow morning starting at 6:00.

Blue and Gold, I didn't say it was done right, I just said it was done.

You're not hearing about Purnsley because that's who everyone expected to lose his job. That's no surprise.

If they are removing both the AD and the HFC it may be more sports related. If the AD is not terminated and the HFC loses his teaching position also this is deeper than just football.

What actually caused the forfeits? I know that it was 8 quarter related. Do you know the specific reason or part of the 8 quarter rule that was broken?

He should not be fired if it is based only on the 8 quarter forfeits. It would appear to me there is more to it considering the job he has done there.

IF the paperwork was turned in then Pinecrest would not have gotten in trouble!!!

Raider, how do you think the paperwork was checked by the NCHSAA if it wasn't turned in? Has it crossed your mind that it may have been filled out incorrectly?

Put your thinking cap on there for a minute partner.

btango, the 8 quarter rule was not broken.

The paperwork had mistakes, the same mistake more than once.

Whatever you say dude.He has had 2 serious issues in 6 years that cost you guys playoff spots

This year was big ...One of the best teams pinecrest has ever had......Certainly a high 3-4 round playoff team......Thats two out of six years NO PLAYOFFS, BECAUSE THEY WERE DISQUALIFIED.......Add that to the 5000.00 fine this year.........Probably at least 2 playoff home games....Worth about at least 25,000.00 each.......Somebody needs to be held ACCOUNTABLE.......nuff said.....

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
If its not reversed then exactly what does " not over" look like to you? I am confused??
LOL That mess made me laugh

------------ PAUSE ------------

return-to-work.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT