ADVERTISEMENT

Pinecrest Football

Could it be that Pinecrest missed out on a playoff shot, or maybe a Championship seat, or maybe Scholarships, or maybe ruin next years football idols or maybe now Pinecrest is a big 75,000 watt bulb produced by GE in 1954, or maybe instead of being in 3rd place-they are now State Ranked 29th or maybe there wouldnt be so many nosy people on here talking about a coach.

------------ BREAK ------------

At the end of the day I agree with BuckinElkin, The Coach has turned Pinecrest HS into what it never was in the past 10 years.

Forgive
Forget
and have the coach return to duty

Last edited:
He's not fired folks, he may get fired Friday, but I can assure you he is not fired at the moment.

I, too, live in Moore County. He is not fired yet. I don't personally know the man. I was out playing ball with some kids in Southern Pines who not only mentioned this, but prayed for him to keep his job. It was obvious he had made a positive impact on these kids as they used to play for him. He has Van Camp in his corner who is very influential in Moore County. Not to mention a man who has financially supported this program in a big way.

I don't know all the facts, but I hope a fair and unbiased decision is made. I can only say I have heard good things about him in a number of ways, so I hope he is treated fairly. I hope folks won't rush to judgement when all the facts are not out. Hopefully it was just a paperwork mistake that can be forgiven.

Reactions: swett2victory
From what I understand, Pinecrest probably wouldn't be playing football if not for Coach Metzger. If you save your program, and win consistently, they better have a damn good reason to fire you.

Reactions: tigertown21
A
From what I understand, Pinecrest probably wouldn't be playing football if not for Coach Metzger. If you save your program, and win consistently, they better have a damn good reason to fire you.
All he had to do to IMPROVE THE PREVIOUS was win ONE GAME.....Just kidding.......nuff said....

Certainly two issues with rules in a few years is enough to get you fired. You may get pardon once but not twice. The eight quarter rule violation should ultimately fall on the AD first. It's his duty to check and submit these forms. But t for me it's pretty stupid to begin with. The eight quarter rule came about to help the 1A and smaller 2A schools. 4AA schools shouldn't be using it. Either bring the kids up permanently or leave them down. If your a 4AA school it would be hard to justify needing it. If I were a coach I would not bring up a freshman at a big school. If I'm not consistently using sophomore why even bother putting him in a uniform on Friday?

The articles say the principal asked about the paperwork. I read somewhere someone had called which is the case when most violations occur. Schools self report, the NCHSAA doesn't audit schools compliance without someone making a call or email.

Last edited:
Using an internal committee means they wanted someone not on the AD or football staff to take a look at the program.

So we are going to speculate that someone in the rural south has lost their job because they are a man of prayer. Really, not saying this about Pinecrest coach but I have known many men of prayer to be cheats/liars/shady/a$$holes. That moniker means nothing

So we are going to speculate that someone in the rural south has lost their job because they are a man of prayer. Really, not saying this about Pinecrest coach but I have known many men of prayer to be cheats/liars/shady/a$$holes. That moniker means nothing
Oh I get your point now. nevermind

I think in the end, this will all be much ado about NOTHING. I fully expect Coach Metzger to be the Head football coach at Pinecrest next season.
And if he isn't then I hope he goes to a nearby school, schedules Pinecrest and puts 60 on them for many years to come.
Classless what they are doing to a good man with a track record of winning both on and off the field.

$5 x 5000 fans x 3 rounds = $75,000.00 / 2 teams - cost = $32,000.00 dollars in possible playoff money losses. They going to pay that money to the school as well as pay the fine between them? I'm not making a case for the coach's dismissal because ultimately the Athletic Director is the man responsible for ensure all forms get in and filed and sent to the president of the conference. He needs to go for lack of oversight. It's happened twice and that's too many chances. Stop bring up players on a 4AA squad and its not a paperwork nightmare that will get you in trouble. It never was intended for 3A and 4A teams in the first place.

And if he isn't then I hope he goes to a nearby school, schedules Pinecrest and puts 60 on them for many years to come.
Classless what they are doing to a good man with a track record of winning both on and off the field.
I truly believe this is what's going to happen. Actually not even that CC14. How about to another school period and winning it all?

Considering what he has done at that school they should give him a lifetime contract. Took them from nearly dropping the sport because they were so bad, to contenders in the 4AA East. Metzger is a helluva coach and if he isn't at Pinecrest in 2016 he'll be elsewhere winning.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Considering what he has done at that school they should give him a lifetime contract. Took them from nearly dropping the sport because they were so bad, to contenders in the 4AA East. Metzger is a helluva coach and if he isn't at Pinecrest in 2016 he'll be elsewhere winning.
and dropping numbers like Christmas snowflakes

------------ BREAK ------------

But for right now he has to deal with rude golfing community citizens dropping dimes on him and watching his every move from the ground up.....ridiculous

best-dressed-golfers-camilo-villegas.jpg

Last edited:
If I was him I would resign too. Everyone in that community needs to be ashamed of what they're doing. It's a team and the guy is a proven winner and you're supposed to have each others back. It's not like they're losing he's winning alot of games and the 8 quarter rule needs to go. There were mistakes made and the guy deserves to be forgiven for all the good he's done there. Look at Dudley they forgave Coach Davis and he almost won another State Title again this year. There are a ton of programs in this state that would love to have somebody of his credentials as their Head Coach. I don't know if Coach Johnny Roscoe is retiring again this year but he would be a great fit at Northern Guilford if Roscoe hangs it up. I would also think somewhere like Grimsley and turn them into a winning program.

Last edited:
I stopped by the mobile home lodging facility the other day, Mister War Head, and " Blondie " was at the trailer park cement pond actin' like she didn't know she was sans undergarments, both sisters all bouncy wouncey because of no brassiere , shootin' peace signs to all the passing motorists, and stumblin' around the algae soaked swimming hole similar to Ozzy under the influence of Nitrous Oxide.

I know a school that had a big number of paperwork problems one year and none were reported because no one threatened to call the NCHSAA. It was for a couple sports. That year the AD and coach were given letters of resignation to sign. Schools don't report unless they are threatened to be uncovered so these rules get broken all the time just never self reported. Principals don't even want it brought up because it reflects on their management.

I stopped by the mobile home lodging facility the other day, Mister War Head, and " Blondie " was at the trailer park cement pond actin' like she didn't know she was sans undergarments, both sisters all bouncy wouncey because of no brassiere , shootin' peace signs to all the passing motorists, and stumblin' around the algae soaked swimming hole similar to Ozzy under the influence of Nitrous Oxide.

You gotta love Stokesdale! All jokes aside is the greatest coach in the history of Northern Guilford coming back for another run or will they be looking for a fine coach like the one they're trying to run out of Pinecrest?

Again, He should just quit and take the job at Grimsley HS. They would love him here and in a few years they would compete with Page! Nothing like the Page Grimsley rivalry game!

Again, He should just quit and take the job at Grimsley HS. They would love him here and in a few years they would compete with Page! Nothing like the Page Grimsley rivalry game!
Makes me curious what Pinecrest future coach would be. I know this will not happen though because the higher authority will not be pressured by the Golfing community citizens.

Reactions: tigertown21
Well said CC!! And congrats to Charlotte Catholic on another championship. We do have a little in common I think. My wife is Catholic and I grew up in Charlotte. Went to Garinger!

Go Raiders!
Thank you Paulraiderfan! Always loved Richmond and their program...I need to make my way to Rockingham for a game.
Garinger back in the day used to be pretty solid!

Here's a fun fact: Dwight Clark the old 49ers TE who made "The Catch" is a Garinger grad. As is former Redsox manager Grady Little

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT