ADVERTISEMENT

Page's New Turf Ready For Hosting Mt Tabor

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
Old conference foes meet up this Thursday (Varsity 7pm) at Marion Kirby Stadium to break in the new field! Mt Tabor at Page. Should be a good one.

53149847635_14e489c2b9_z.jpg

53149847640_68ea31efbc_z.jpg
53148836977_18e694c76e_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Field, a Thursday game... I think a lot of teams East of Greensboro are playing on Thursday. Tabor is tough

Reactions: PagePirates44
Sure, until you're playing in literal mud by late September. Because 5 different sporting teams are using the field...
Yes, I understand that issue with high school programs and that the large majority of them do not have the resources/manpower to keep a grass field pristine into November. But schools with grass fields have been keeping them up for years and there is no reason why this cannot continue. And I should have prefaced my comment by saying it applied more to pro and college teams. They do have vast resources and manpower to maintain a grass field. No college or pro team should ever have artificial surfaces. Doing so is only a sign of laziness and being cheap. As well, grass is better for the health of the players and stays cooler in scorching hot weather.

I only have 1 issue - I like it but I think the P at mid field should have a white outline instead of black imo

Reactions: reddawg01
Yes, I understand that issue with high school programs and that the large majority of them do not have the resources/manpower to keep a grass field pristine into November. But schools with grass fields have been keeping them up for years and there is no reason why this cannot continue. And I should have prefaced my comment by saying it applied more to pro and college teams. They do have vast resources and manpower to maintain a grass field. No college or pro team should ever have artificial surfaces. Doing so is only a sign of laziness and being cheap. As well, grass is better for the health of the players and stays cooler in scorching hot weather.
Page's field is not only used by Page, it is a community field and also one of our feeder middle schools use it too.

What the heck is that P at midfield? Nobody has ever seen a P like that with any thing Page related? If anything they should have just left it blank. That's awful. The AD should have shot that down

Reactions: Ukcatz92
What the heck is that P at midfield? Nobody has ever seen a P like that with any thing Page related? If anything they should have just left it blank. That's awful. The AD should have shot that down
That specific P has been used quite a bit. I was just saying im not a big fan of it. It's better than nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: Warhead1
Page got all the way down to the 5, 1st and goal and end up throwing a pick six from the 8. We are sorry.

40-6
4th

Page got all the way down to the 5, 1st and goal and end up throwing a pick six from the 8. We are sorry.

40-6
4th
Ugh...no telling how bad this will get when Page plays Grimsley. Could be a running clock in the second half.

Tabor is going to have a great year... Got a bye week...they look healthy again...then at West Forsyth on 9-15-23.

Biggest takeaways from the game last night.
Page had numerous plays where the ball carrier was initially stopped for a loss or minimal gain and they were unable to wrap up and get them down, resulting in a big play for 10+ yards.
Page had a hardtime sustaining blocks up front.
Page was undisciplined.
All 3 things are coachable, and hopefully the bye week coming up will fix some things.....

The new turf field is AWESOME and our new PA announcer is awesome. He is the guy who does the PA for the Greensboro Swarm and other Greensboro minor league teams.

If I had to rank all 3 non conference opponents I would say... Dudley 1, Mt Tabor 2, Reidsville 3.
Best player we saw out of all the D1 prospects is easily the 6'7 240 Harrison kid from Reidsville.

Tough pill to swallow for the fans, alums, and friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: P.Saunders
Biggest takeaways from the game last night.
Page had numerous plays where the ball carrier was initially stopped for a loss or minimal gain and they were unable to wrap up and get them down, resulting in a big play for 10+ yards.
Page had a hardtime sustaining blocks up front.
Page was undisciplined.
All 3 things are coachable, and hopefully the bye week coming up will fix some things.....

The new turf field is AWESOME and our new PA announcer is awesome. He is the guy who does the PA for the Greensboro Swarm and other Greensboro minor league teams.

If I had to rank all 3 non conference opponents I would say... Dudley 1, Mt Tabor 2, Reidsville 3.
Best player we saw out of all the D1 prospects is easily the 6'7 240 Harrison kid from Reidsville.

Tough pill to swallow for the fans, alums, and friends.
That Harrison Kid is I think 6-8 and he is the starting Center for the 2A State Runners Up against Farmville Central. Just a Soph at that. Somebody from Reidsville told me on Thursday that he wants to play Football and Basketball in College like Julius Peppers and Charlie Ward did in College.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Ugh...no telling how bad this will get when Page plays Grimsley. Could be a running clock in the second half.
It might get pretty bad... Page had like a 25+ year winning streak against Grimsley back in the 80s-90s-00s and another 12 year streak after 2006. So, Grimsley will do everything they can to embarrass us. It's part of this great rivalry. We pulled down their pants for so many years, only right that it's their turn now. lol

Yep been many long winning streaks and beatings at the hand of Page. Grimsley working on a 6 or 7 year streak right now. You said it all, and hopefully we get these two programs good at the same time soon

Yep been many long winning streaks and beatings at the hand of Page. Grimsley working on a 6 or 7 year streak right now. You said it all, and hopefully we get these two programs good at the same time soon
It's been 4 in a row now, this year would be 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT