ADVERTISEMENT

Page vs East Forsyth

An old conference and non conference rival. Page owns a lopsided series against EF. Page hopped up one spot in the RPI from 27 to 26. Many said EF was "down" this year and were young, and all of a sudden they win the CPC. Funny how that works out. Should be tough sledding for Page, but we've seen stranger things.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
East Forsyth is coming out of that bottom part of the West bracket

A down year means a 1 loss Regular Season and a CPC Championship. Crazy to think the expectations coach Willert has set amongst Eagle Nation.
I think many people envisioned them losing a couple more games, but that never materialized. The "down year" turned out not being a down year at all.

A down year means a 1 loss Regular Season and a CPC Championship. Crazy to think the expectations coach Willert has set amongst Eagle Nation.
I guess statistically East was down but they're a very young team. Just about everybody will be back next year. This was the year to get them...

I really like the way Jr. QB Bryce Baker has figured out his talented WR's(4 of them) who are are putting on a show lately. I mean the Tarheel recruit was playing at 2A Walkertown last year, so they've gained a ton of chemistry throughout this year and they're peaking at the right time.
A very dangerous team who will be a hard out in the West.

Last edited:
I guess statistically East was down but they're a very young team. Just about everybody will be back next year. This was the year to get them...

I really like the way QB Bryce Baker has figured out his talented WR's(4 of them) who are are putting on a show lately. I mean the Tarheel recruit was playing at 2A Walkertown last year, so they've gained a ton of chemistry throughout this year and they're peaking at the right time.
A very dangerous team who will be a hard out in the West.
East is young, but Page is most likely younger.

imagine if 7 total kids, including 2 P5 D1 recruits, and other all conference starters didnt transfer out.
Well yes if I imagine yes you are correct but this is reality and kids are leaving page and there is basically nothing left…

Imagine if 2 P5 kids on defense didn't leave East Forsyth for Grimsley.

Well yes if I imagine yes you are correct but this is reality and kids are leaving page and there is basically nothing left…
I don't expect you to know because you don't follow Page, but there are quite a few underclassman that look very athletic and skilled, especially some freshman and sophomores. Page's main problem is size and depth on the lines and the passing game has had a tough go at it. It's okay though, keep thinking there is nothing left, you will find out soon enough.

Imagine having open enrollment in your county and picking kids outta W-S/Forsyth County, and you go to sleep comfortable and overnight you get portal'd by the school from the next city over. holy smokes...

I don't expect you to know because you don't follow Page, but there are quite a few underclassman that look very athletic and skilled, especially some freshman and sophomores. Page's main problem is size and depth on the lines and the passing game has had a tough go at it. It's okay though, keep thinking there is nothing left, you will find out soon enough.
yeah Im sure I will hear about them from you saying "what if" when they have transfered to others schools due to pages program not being able to retain coaches, players ect....

I think many people envisioned them losing a couple more games, but that never materialized. The "down year" turned out not being a down year at all.
Could have been easily undefeated. Was up 2 scores on Davie and driving to put it out of reach and penalties, which is common with them each game stopped that drive and it became a ballgame.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Poindexter is a problem! Kids a program changer for sure.

Pages main problem is the Head Coach has lost the team. Kids at the school for whatever reason don't want to play for him and have transferred out. Under his watch he has had to Senior classes full of D1 players leave. 2020 & 2023 both seasons it made Grimsley the team to beat. Sorry Page fans but it's time for a change

Imagine sitting at a Page game 10 years ago and thinking that Grimsley would switch spots completely with Page. Grimsley would be the dominant team in GSO competing for States every other year. Then it would be the Page fans complaining about recruiting.

Pages main problem is the Head Coach has lost the team. Kids at the school for whatever reason don't want to play for him and have transferred out. Under his watch he has had to Senior classes full of D1 players leave. 2020 & 2023 both seasons it made Grimsley the team to beat. Sorry Page fans but it's time for a change
I totally agree!

East Forsyth would have been way better on defense looking at those players production this season and they recruiting would not have faded like it did when they went to Grimsley Those kid’s recruiting were steaming an came to a complete haunt at Grimsley looks like East was the better option if u interviewed those dudes I bet they tell u wish they would have stayed at East Forsyth also shows who has the better relationships with recruiters let’s go Todd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT