ADVERTISEMENT

Pack Throws in Towel

devilmac99

Feb 5, 2003
NC STATE shuts down campus sends students home. This will be real interesting. The idea of no students on campus is good for what athletics is trying to get done but boy this is going to be a slippery slope when you send students home but not student athletes (and I use that term lightly). At some point this makes it very hard to keep the prevailing system going.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
NC STATE shuts down campus sends students home. This will be real interesting. The idea of no students on campus is good for what athletics is trying to get done but boy this is going to be a slippery slope when you send students home but not student athletes (and I use that term lightly). At some point this makes it very hard to keep the prevailing system going.

Potentially expose everybody, then force them to go home to older people. Can't make it up. NCAA will be abolished sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Sending students home but not student-athletes shows that the players are truly employees of the University. No denying it now. Yes they get paid with a scholarship, but they are employees of the University and should be compensated as well. Expecially since they can't get a job.

Sending students home but not student-athletes shows that the players are truly employees of the University. No denying it now. Yes they get paid with a scholarship, but they are employees of the University and should be compensated as well. Expecially since they can't get a job.
Man no one wants to admit but it is. College sports is a shame on its face. What it has grown into now is a rung below pro sports. College basketball is literally suggesting to hold players up in neutral site bubbles to play just like the NBA. Let that sink in. I can't justify it. I can somewhat justify what the football teams are doing but all of it is really in the name of playing a game. I listened to Bronco Mendenhall and it least he was man enough to say it doesn't feel right. I don't know the answer but starting with name and likeness to get additional income to these players is a start. No one is being forced I get that but doesn't mean it should not be equitable.

Lots of good post here saying the same thing. These athletes are employees. This all comes down to money. Games = money for everyone. Really like what the NBA players are doing but you made an agreement to play, and knew the circumstances beforehand. You cant react to every incident that occurs but have a principled stance, that results in financial gain and stability for your community. The only true way for college and pro sports is to admit these are not just games, but employment issues to make money for everyone but the players. This just further proves it.

Dont just make the NCAA a hypocrite. Every youth team thats playing right now, every 7 v7 tourney, football camp, fans clamoring for football, fantasy football, colleges we all benefit from the game and it boils down to fun, enjoyment and money. The quicker we remove the guise the better for everyone.

Good Stuff! Some very informative, and good information from you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT