ADVERTISEMENT

Orange vs Western Guilford

tatermommy

Nov 19, 2011
This is the last game before the conference starts. Orange is progressing and cannot afford to overlook WG.

Earnie sat atop EnoRocky Top
Down in the Hillsburry Hills.
Ain't no winnin team been on EnoRocky Top,
Ain't been no football thrills.

Earnie hired ol 'Mo' to EnoRocky Top,
Half Red Devil half Panther cat;
He wuz being chased by the Alamance police cops,
I still laugh about that.

('Mo' sang)
Eno Top, you'll always be,
Home sweet home to me.
Good ole Eno Top,
Eno Top Hillsburee.

Each team that climbes up on ol' EnoRocky Top,
Lookin' for a win to steal.
'Mo's team throwes them down from EnoRocky Top,
And tells 'em the wounds will heal.
So dont go to Ol' EnoRocky Top,
Just go to the neasest bar.
Drink your fill and look at EnoRocky Top,
Your dreams are in that jar.

('Mo' sang)
Eno Top, you'll always be,
Home sweet home to me.
Good ol Eno Top,
Eno Top Hillsburee.

Orange has done very well while their main quarterback has been injured. Is there any program out there that would like to replace their quarterback with the best receiver and put the best defensive player on the sidelines in a foot cast while playing 4 games above their classification. The Orange coaching staff has made the necessary adjustments while getting ranked in the AP top 10 and averaging more points than last year against better competition. So much for the question about how graduation will effect this years team.

I agree Wilson is playing at another level and he should be all over this site with write ups and so on, and it will be awesome to get little bro back on the field. This would be a very different team without #10 out there this year. I would love to see some reports on his status on NCPreps.

These are two very different teams, this year compared to last year. The Orange team last year actually averaged more points at 4-0 than this years team but they are definitely neck and neck, the only better team this year was maybe Northern Durham - Person this year was just terrible. This years team is a good team so far but last years and the year before were great teams. I am hoping this group will be in that great team status at the end of the season and they could well be. The conference is not as deep and strong across the board as last year, the Big 8 conference class of 2015 as a whole had some big time, big impact high school players. Orange could potentially run through the conference this year and get that first championship. I am definitely rooting for them!

Some folks thought Orange would be way down this year because of graduation. Others would like to see a more 'trendy' offense. The trend at Orange has become having ranked teams and playing for championships. The state championship has come through Orange for the last three years. Any of those teams could have been state champions had they not faced three 'dynasty' type teams in the playoffs.

Is Bryse's little bro Payton Wilson hurt or something? He was a monster on JV and varsity in the playoffs last year as a freshman but I haven't heard anything about him this year.

Orange could overlook Western Guilford and still win by 21. I saw Western and NW Guilford play a few weeks ago and that was the worst Western Guilford team I've seen in the past 15 years.

This is a game that could rescue W Guilford's season. Orange cannot afford to look back on this game and say what if. The worst player in the world is an overconfident one.

This is a game that could rescue W Guilford's season. Orange cannot afford to look back on this game and say what if. The worst player in the world is an overconfident one.
I'm telling you there is NO WAY that Orange can lose this game. Like I said Western is really bad this year.....they didn't hire their head coach until the Saturday before the season started so they kind of started behind the 8 ball this year. They are a mess right now. I don't know much about Orange but I know a lot of JV teams in Greensboro that could beat Western this year. It's a shame how far the Hornets have fallen.....Just a few years back they were a deep in the playoffs type of team and the pride of the Guilford College area. Now they get 49 plus points put on them weekly.

'MoTown, 'Motown' man
All want to be 'Motown' man
'MoTown' 'MoTown' man
Orange Panther Nation fans!

Every man wants to be a 'MoTown' Panther man
To have the kind of team thats always in demand
Weight room in the mornings, go man go
Schoolin' in the daytime GPA grows

Laying under the shade tree
Lays the 'MoTown' man
Eatin' roadkill sammich and dranking from a rusty can
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

'MoTown, 'Motown' man
All want to be 'Motown' man
'MoTown' 'MoTown' man
Orange Panther Nation fans!

That wing-T offense is a throwback to years ago
How to stop it really no- body knows
One look at the defense and teams rather stay home
Team that try it litter the field as knawed Panther bones
Hey, hey, I got nuthin else to say :confused:

Winning folks are camo wearin' Orange High Panther fans
Drivin' pickup trucks followed by rusted, muffler draggin, Voyager vans
So womens go and bail out yer mans
Find a sober driver and lets see the football show!
Hey, hey, here comes a nother stanza yea!

Every player dreams to be a 'MoTown' Panther man
To live a life of winning, pretty girls in both hands
Earnie hired 'MoTown' that's the deal
His quirky offense and defense, gives fans thrills
Simmons is a closet, raving Panther man
He draws winnin Panther scores, he cant control his hands
hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT