ADVERTISEMENT

One game on your bucket list to see…ever.

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
NC highschool football their are lots of big games and big rivalries. Lots in the west don’t know about us down East and Vice Versa. My bucket list game is:

Tuscola @ Pisgah

Not only the huge crowd and nice stadium but the half n half alone brings out everyone looking to score some $.

I would’ve loved to attend an old WRH/JK game back in the day when JK was as good as Wallace and it was a toss up. It’s one thing seeing a big game at a big stadium but to see JK/WRH play and the stadiums be relatively small and people standing 4-5 deep all around the field it’s a sight to be seen I’d imagine.

NC highschool football their are lots of big games and big rivalries. Lots in the west don’t know about us down East and Vice Versa. My bucket list game is:

Tuscola @ Pisgah

Not only the huge crowd and nice stadium but the half n half alone brings out everyone looking to score some $.

I would’ve loved to attend an old WRH/JK game back in the day when JK was as good as Wallace and it was a toss up. It’s one thing seeing a big game at a big stadium but to see JK/WRH play and the stadiums be relatively small and people standing 4-5 deep all around the field it’s a sight to be seen I’d imagine.
Two nice scenarios. You guys used to pack the pound like that. Ed and jk would do it also. It's a football experience you won't soon forget.

Was it 14 or 15, eastern championship in the dog pound. Jk/WRH. Best atmosphere I've been to in highschool football. Their was Tarboro game in 16 in the Pound. My # 1 out west would be Shelby/ Reidsville.
You're talking about the yr canady picked off avent and took it to the house. Canady and jj were seniors. Great night

I was vacationing in the mountains few years ago and stopped by Bryson City, which if I remember correctly, is the home of Swain County High School. Awesome to see a field in the mountains and so unlike the flatlands in eastern NC.
That said, a Murphy - Robbinsville matchup would be a good one to see. I’d sit between mbdfan and BK13T-$ just to make sure everyone was safe!

I would also like to meet wncbowhunter to discuss football and bowhunting.

Like to see a dominant 2a champion like Reidsville last year play against the upper classes

This thread is more to say of the usual yearly rivalries or matchups in the East/west which would be in your bucket list to see, NOT dream matchups. That’s a different thread for another day.

• Haha
Reactions: oldway55 and dogs79
For the West my bucket list definitely would be Pisgah n Tuscola, Crest n Shelby. Also this playoff season if any of teams Shelby, Reidsville and Salisbury playing each other I’m going to make that bucket list happen.

I was vacationing in the mountains few years ago and stopped by Bryson City, which if I remember correctly, is the home of Swain County High School. Awesome to see a field in the mountains and so unlike the flatlands in eastern NC.
That said, a Murphy - Robbinsville matchup would be a good one to see. I’d sit between mbdfan and BK13T-$ just to make sure everyone was safe!

I would also like to meet wncbowhunter to discuss football and bowhunting.

Yeah I like a few of those mountain stadiums.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I wouldn’t mind watching teams like Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain Co. also see a game at Cherokee to see their their field and Stadium. Bucket list sometime in the future.

Tuscola @ Pisgah

That's at the top of my bucket list but I want to wait and see if they put them back in the same conf together.

I heard Clinton and Dunn High used to have some good old fashioned hate type games back in the day.

I heard Clinton and Dunn High used to have some good old fashioned hate type games back in the day.
My dad said Clintons old stadium was right on the field and when Dunn would come to town it would be packed and everyone right on top of you could feel the energy and the hate. I’d love to go back in time and watch my dad play in one of those games.

Still that way at Legion Stadium in Wallace , for big games like Wallace Rose Hill versus East Duplin Clinton or James Kenan or any playoff game.

Tuscola @ Pisgah

That same game is on my basket list too 04, my wife’s sister and husband have lived very near Tuscola (a couple miles) though they cjkdren were in the pidgin (Canton) school district The reason I’ve never been to a game since they moved there in 1975, was because I was at the DarkHorse’s games.
Another thing in the Tuscola/Pisgah game is their half and half last I heard was about $25,000 (winners share though I think they sell tickets for a period of time pre-game) Wiuldnt mind getting in on some of that action!

Tuscola @ Pisgah

Saw a WRH/JK 1AA playoff game nit to many years back with that atmosphere. I think the Bulldog arrived by helicopter and the Tiger came in on. Harley (Wak Forest Stle)

My dad said Clintons old stadium was right on the field and when Dunn would come to town it would be packed and everyone right on top of you could feel the energy and the hate. I’d love to go back in time and watch my dad play in one of those games.
They were good ones in that old stadium

Well I was wrong. Pisgah and Tuscola are in the same conference now. Is it a split conference? I know Pisgah is now 3A. They play in 2 weeks. I'm gonna have to think about this.

Well I was wrong. Pisgah and Tuscola are in the same conference now. Is it a split conference? I know Pisgah is now 3A. They play in 2 weeks. I'm gonna have to think about this.
They are both in the Mountain 7 and they play 10-15 in Waynesville this year. And the way it's looking, it's going to be a good one. A lot of energy has been building up already on both sides.

They are both in the Mountain 7 and they play 10-15 in Waynesville this year. And the way it's looking, it's going to be a good one. A lot of energy has been building up already on both sides.
Yes I saw that when I looked at both teams schedule on MaxPreps. It's bad timing for me though. I'll have to plan on next year at Pisgah. My wife will be retired from the school system and she always enjoys going to the Mountains.

Tuscola use to sell 50/50 tickets online when it was a home game for them. Do you know if they still do?

Yes I saw that when I looked at both teams schedule on MaxPreps. It's bad timing for me though. I'll have to plan on next year at Pisgah. My wife will be retired from the school system and she always enjoys going to the Mountains.

Tuscola use to sell 50/50 tickets online when it was a home game for them. Do you know if they still do?
I believe we do at Pisgah but not sure if THS will sell tickets online or not??

Reactions: f-ball-ace
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT