ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2024 JV Football Scores Thread

I’m not so sure how EW jv’s were undefeated. That was my first gander at those guys this year. Yeah, i know it was raining( for both teams) and a Monday( for both teams) but EW looked overwhelmed in the speed dept. strength dept. They weren’t sharp at all. Maybe there are injuries i’m not privy to or other situations. WC looked like they wanted the win so much more than home team( Cards). Idk just seemed like they ( Cards just mailed it in). Play-calling seemed as if they were playing to keep the game close instead of playing to win. Hats off to WC for setting the tone early and often. The Harris kid#20 rb for WC is an absolute STUD! Be on the look out for this Freshman Talent!! Maybe East just had a bad game.. or Alleghany is that good as they beat Central in a non - conference game just two weeks ago.

Swain 28
Murphy 26

Final
2 OT

Good game. But Murphy played sloppy. Penalties, turnovers, and players clearly still sore, worn out, and disappointed from the physical, close loss to Robbinsville on Monday. Add to that playing AT Swain on a short week. Just a tough row to hoe. Could say plenty more but probably best that I don’t. Never saw this team losing two games, let alone two in a row. Tough week. Sets up Robbinsville vs Swain for conference title. Robbinsville should win big IMO. For the sake of both teams, hope they don’t get tonight’s officials.

Swain 28
Murphy 26

Final
2 OT

Good game. But Murphy played sloppy. Penalties, turnovers, and players clearly still sore, worn out, and disappointed from the physical, close loss to Robbinsville on Monday. Add to that playing AT Swain on a short week. Just a tough row to hoe. Could say plenty more but probably best that I don’t. Never saw this team losing two games, let alone two in a row. Tough week. Sets up Robbinsville vs Swain for conference title. Robbinsville should win big IMO. For the sake of both teams, hope they don’t get tonight’s officials.
Well playing on two days rest after a physically and emotionally draining game against Robbinsville was always going to be incredibly incredibly difficult. I heard Catuto got hurt pretty bad on Murphy's first offensive play and was out the rest of the game, that's Murphy's best linebacker and one of the very best in the conference, that was a huge blow.

No offense to Swain but Murphy with normal rest and without the big injury wins this one. And when both groups are upperclassmen on varsity I fully expect Murphy to be the superior group.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Well playing on two days rest after a physically and emotionally draining game against Robbinsville was always going to be incredibly incredibly difficult. I heard Catuto got hurt pretty bad on Murphy's first offensive play and was out the rest of the game, that's Murphy's best linebacker and one of the very best in the conference, that was a huge blow.

No offense to Swain but Murphy with normal rest and without the big injury wins this one. And when both groups are upperclassmen on varsity I fully expect Murphy to be the superior group.
Yes I felt terrible for Anthony. He had a big run on the very play that he got hurt on. He had a sling on with ice on his shoulder. Don’t know the exact injury or the extent of it, but I hope it doesn’t keep him from being able to move up after next week. That would be a shame. Murphy was just off all night when he went out. It absolutely affected the game on both sides of the ball.

Of course Murphy was tired and sloppy after the Robbinsville game and the Catuto injury also threw them off, but the officiating was beyond horrible! It was just bad in general for both teams, but as per usual when Murphy plays there, the Dogs definitely got the worst of it. Blake had a beautiful punt return TD in the 4th qtr called back by a block in the back that in no way affected the play. He was long gone. The score was 14-8 Murphy and that would have all but sealed it. That’s pretty much the way the night went. I bet Murphy had well over 100 yards in penalties. But on a positive note, in addition to the long punt return that got called back, Blake had three TDs, a 2 point conversion, and a long INT return that he almost scored on just before half time. Poor guy is beat black and blue. It was a physical game. Trenton Cook also played an awesome game in place of Catuto. Curtis played great on defense, Isiah Hedden caught a beautiful TD pass from Bain in the first half. There were others who had outstanding games. The team played hard, just wasn’t their night. Like you said though, I too fully expect Murphy to take this bunch down when both groups are upperclassmen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT