ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the pairings are "officially" posted...any thoughts?

NCHSAA really ruined the 2AA west thr regional final is in the 2nd round and that sucks for those teams and fans of football in general......South Point and Shelby are the best out west hands down to meet in the 2nd round tragedy

Yes, where do you go to see the schedule of the team you are playing and the conference. For instance Whiteville will be playing N. Wilkes. If Whiteville were to win they would probably play Mt. Heritage. What town is it in. I sure liked the old ncpreps it had all of this information.

Yes, where do you go to see the schedule of the team you are playing and the conference. For instance Whiteville will be playing N. Wilkes. If Whiteville were to win they would probably play Mt. Heritage. What town is it in. I sure liked the old ncpreps it had all of this information.
I usually go on CarolinaPreps they have the team schedule and where the school is located

You can look em up on maxpreps

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/sche...schoolid=354c1afe-a814-4232-bfbc-f43e5a291c4f

That’s the link to North Wilkes schedule. They finished 3rd or 4th in their conference not sure.

Mountain Heritage is located in Burnsville, NC in Yancey County. Enjoy the ride as the most direct route takes you up a really steep hill. I know because the brother in law lives there. I would take the I-26 option, won't save you any time but might save some players from motion sickness.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whi...a0979a1360!2m2!1d-82.3331875!2d35.9086347!3e0

I like many here hate to see South point / Shelby in the 2nd round BUT they gonna have to play anyhow sooo. But still sad to see 2 teams that are this good have one go start basketball season. Also don't like the fact that so many 4a and 1a teams get byes in the first round. Their should be no reason that ANYONE gets a bye in the playoffs. That's the only thing that I actually have a problem with

Was the process to seed teams established before the season?? If so everyone should of known then that South Point/Shelby we’re in the same conference so both couldn’t be a conference champion, therefore one would be seeded lower then their record or pedigree would have them so why has this only been complained about in the last 4 day’s?? Oh yeah everyone was hoping one would be 2A and the other 2Aa

Sorry guys! Rivals took that part away from me. It makes my job more tougher and I have to type in all scores and update standings and matchups by hand.

Another great resource is gobiggreen.net

Something needs fixing idk what but their should be no byes in the playoffs. Teams getting byes bothers me does it bother y'all this bad ?

Mountain Heritage is located in Burnsville, NC in Yancey County. Enjoy the ride as the most direct route takes you up a really steep hill. I know because the brother in law lives there. I would take the I-26 option, won't save you any time but might save some players from motion sickness.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whi...a0979a1360!2m2!1d-82.3331875!2d35.9086347!3e0
Thanks Sasha, taken I-26 before to Asheville and that is the better drive. Looks like it could be Deja Vu all over again as the Wolfpack shocked the football world in 2003 and defeated the #1 ranked and undefeated C.D. Owen War Horses in the 2nd round.

Something needs fixing idk what but their should be no byes in the playoffs. Teams getting byes bothers me does it bother y'all this bad ?

Because of the restructuring of the classifications to the 20-30-30-20 model, only 48 teams make the 4A and 1A playoffs. That is the reason for the first round byes for the top 4 in each split division.

I think in two games 2 of the best 4 teams will be at home but it is what it is. It does suck but it also doesn't matter how many games you win if you don't win it all. IMO

Sorry guys! Rivals took that part away from me. It makes my job more tougher and I have to type in all scores and update standings and matchups by hand.

Another great resource is gobiggreen.net
Thanks Deana for your hard work. I see where you guys beat N. Wilkes. What kind of team do they have and what should we look for.

Franklin with back to back games vs Smky Mnt which is a conference for us a head scratcher!

My thoughts are how do several teams with losing records with 3 and 4 wins each make the playoffs above a team that had 6 wins but played in a conference with 9 teams but finished like 5th in the conference. A team like Forrest Hills and Bertie both had 3 wins a piece I think all against losing teams, even one win against a winless team but still makes the playoffs? How does that happen? How does Maxpreps rank them higher?

Wolfpack69, its a hell of a ride to Mountain Heritage school about 6 hours plus round and round getting to school. Near Tenn. line

Enjoy all 1 round games. SC most likely going on road if win Friday night. Go back to seeding old way,please.

South Columbus and Whiteville in the West will make for some long rides. Shelby and South Point, tough matchup early but you have to play the tough teams sometime anyway. Winner should go far. Good luck and safe travels to all.

Any golfers among the traveling fans ? Come up a day early and play Mount Mitchell GC, a great golf course in Burnsville. They have some great stay/play specials too. Weather forecast looks good.

South Columbus and Whiteville in the West will make for some long rides. Shelby and South Point, tough matchup early but you have to play the tough teams sometime anyway. Winner should go far. Good luck and safe travels to all.

If Whiteville and South Columbus both win this week and have to travel to the mountains to play Mountain Heritage and Hendersonville, perhaps they should carpool as Mountain Heritage is only an hour further away. :eek:

Beamer24 is happy but his team is irrelevant come time to play a real football team. Hibriten is a joke. South Point will have the clock running continuously by the 3rd quarter. The cakewalk will end. Luck should have nothing to do with a sorry system that will allow this to happen in the 4th round. Any dipwad could come up with a system to check such nonsense. Please fix this crap

Reactions: beamer24
We need a 6 class system or a 5 class system at the very least. This whole 20-30-30-20 thing is a Lame attempt at parity but you’ve created first round byes in your lowest and highest classes. You have then created a format where there are some crazy tough matchups in round 2 for top seeds in 2A and 3A brackets. I think this format has actually almost created entirely too much parity in the middle 2 classes and yet created more disparity in the top and bottom classes which were the ones you were most worried about parity.

The NCHSAA is who they are. They are a lot like the NCAA in that many of the decisions they make are questionable, however, the coaches and AD’s have a huge say in how classes are split and until people show up and vote for change, bitching about it does nothing.

Last edited:
I will say this. Despite how stupid I think using MaxPreps is, Shelby finished 2nd in their league after South Point stomped them so they fell into the group of 2’s just like everybody else who finished 2nd in their league. Just so happens the 1 seed waiting on you in round 2 is the same South Point team who you just lost to. I can assure you nobody really cares who wins the high school state championship enough for it to be a conspiracy to keep Shelby from winning. This wouldn’t even be a debate if you’d have beaten South Point. That’s on you guys. Shelby has an absolutely top notch program but some of these fans need to reel it in. Y’all look just plain ridiculous. If y’all are so good you shouldn’t care who you play and when you play them. When you bitch this much it just shows you are afraid you’ll lose to South Point again but would rather it be 4 weeks from now instead of 2. Makes sense.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT