ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Nash vs East Lincoln-3A State Championship

During the regular season I would have never thought East Lincoln would have made it this far. Would have been like a sleeper team in the playoffs. But they showed me how good they really are. Best of luck in the State playoffs. Should be a good one.
When I saw them at Lincolnton early in the season, my thought was “that’s the best defense I’ve seen in a long time (they shut us out), I’d like to see them play Kings Mountain and South Point.” I have no idea how good Northern Nash is or what type stuff they run. I’m sure they’re really good, and they were the 1 seed in the east. But I will be surprised if they beat EL. I plan on being there to see it.

I've seen Northern Nash twice....they can throw it to 4-5 different receivers (#1,2,6,7,99)....they can run it with their RB (#6) or QB (#5)....their defense is also stacked with a couple of 300 lb DTs, LB corps that does not miss many tackles, showed a lot of grit in their win over 71st in the regional final; four lead changes in 4th Qtr and they made the last big play on offense

Massey Ratings predictions for the finals.

FjJACKBXoAoqr0q.jpg

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I have been hearing rumors that their was a big fight after the game at Cookout. East Lincoln students were involved. And from this past weekend a big fight broke out in parade involving alot of East Lincoln parents. Who would they be fighting? All of that over the East Lincoln football game. How true is that rumor?

I have been hearing rumors that their was a big fight after the game at Cookout. East Lincoln students were involved. And from this past weekend a big fight broke out in parade involving alot of East Lincoln parents. Who would they be fighting? All of that over the East Lincoln football game. How true is that rumor?
Interesting questions. Do tell.

Interesting questions. Do tell.
False on both, at the Christmas parade there were protestors at the parade, protesting Santa Claus I guess. Some people didn't take to kindly to it, I wasn't there I was watching East Lincoln handle Lincolnton in Basketball, ;)

Reactions: Cocoa74
False on both, at the Christmas parade there were protestors at the parade, protesting Santa Claus I guess. Some people didn't take to kindly to it, I wasn't there I was watching East Lincoln handle Lincolnton in Basketball, ;)
CM3! I said your name 3x, and THERE YOU ARE!

So, EL parents stepped in to defend Santa Claus! That's something to be proud of!

How many paid tix at that clabbered up hoedown Friday night?

East Lincoln is certainly battle tested having to defeat KM and South Point to get to the Championship game. Their defense has been great all year being able to adjust to the strengths of the opposing teams no matter the type of offense they faced.

In the playoffs the defense was equally successful against teams with good passing attacks (Ledford), teams with great rushing attacks (South Point), and teams with strong balanced attacks (KM). South Point's redbone offense is very difficult to prepare for and stop. EL held them to a season low of 7 points. South Point's previous low had been 20 points.

Well when it comes to Eastern teams you never know their strength of schedule is equivalent to the Western teams. It rarely is, but that doesnt mean a world beater doesnt come from that region here and there.

Well when it comes to Eastern teams you never know their strength of schedule is equivalent to the Western teams. It rarely is, but that doesnt mean a world beater doesnt come from that region here and there.
I just can't see them matching the physicality of East. If they are amped like they were last week against SP it will be a hard road for NN.

:rolleyes::D:D, close to 5,000, carry on, carry on
I caught the nasty little comment on "handling " the Wolves, btw. You must certainly be proud. I hear "sportsmanship" was on display by your staff, as usual. You're still number one in my book, lol. I just saluted eastward with my best no. 1 gesture.

😉

Last edited:
Id pull for the Lowesville Team, but I've always loved me some Nash County Football. In fact, they are my very favorite team this week. Go Knights! It's Knights, right?

Dplubo! Good to see you! I hope you have safe travels tomorrow. And I have some game planning ideas for you, if you're interested.

Reactions: dplubo
Currently watching Reidsville play on Charlotte TV station WCCB. Any idea why East Lincoln (which is in the Charlotte market), is not on the same channel at 7pm?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT