ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern/Southwest Edgecombe

No disrespect to West Craven or Clinton but I think the winner of our game wins the east. I felt the same way two years ago when Northeastern played Wrh in the 3rd rd. We lost a close game in a shootout and Wrh absolutely destroyed Swo for the eastern c ship
I do too.

Reactions: dogs79
NE is a bad matchup for SWE! You will see sooner than later.

Td08, we're all alone up here lol. I can understand the Havelock guy doubting us, we played our worst game of the year against them. It doesn't matter what we say up here, our kids will put the final stamp on all this talk tomorrow night. I believe in our coaches and our kids. They are playing at an extremely high level. Not just one player either, all of them. I've never witnessed such a drastic change in a NE team ever.

I had a good talk with our coach last night and like myself he say he hasn't been able to sleep at all lol!
No excuses from me if we were to lose, Swe is a good team and aside from myself,coach,and our players no one is giving us much of a chance.
Lololololo...I would love to see an example where no one is giving NE a chance in this game?

Reactions: dogs79
Lololololo...I would love to see an example where no one is giving NE a chance in this game?

Show me one person up here,yourself included who has predicted a NE win. Calpreps and Massy both favor Swe as well. Bud I'm telling you, NE is way better than the team that started the season 4-0. Hey are we meeting up? I'm going up in the am, I'll be hanging around the stadium seeing what's going on.

Coach Moore, we have to send everyone a message!!
I told you it's tough on these threads as a Northeastern fan. Bud, you will be a believer tomorrow night at 10pm.

Everyone's in for quite a surprise. This NE team is head and shoulders better than the same team that lost 3 straight earlier this season. I can understand anyone who saw us play against Havelock doubting us, I would myself. Tomorrow night people will get a chance to see first hand what I'm talking about. All the talk about Swe great O Line but what people seem to forget is that we have 3 D1 recruits on our D line. Two of them will be returning next year along with our qb, top 10 rb in the country,and almost everyone else. I stand firm when I say I think we will win against a very good Swe team.
The NE dline has been cited many times in this thread. Lol. No one has forgotten the NE dline. It is my opinion this will be the best oline NE has seen this year. Yes I do believe SWE's oline is better than SWO, Havelock, Conley, or any other oline on the NE schedule. Same can be said about SWE not seeing a dline like NE. I will say SWE went up against the fastest front 7 I have seen this year in Tarboro. That includes me seeing 4a title favorite Scotland dline a couple weeks ago. Havelock has a great front seven too. SWE will be the biggest challenge NE has faced since Havelock. It's going to be a great game with 2 very hungry teams.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Coach Moore, we have to send everyone a message!!
I told you it's tough on these threads as a Northeastern fan. Bud, you will be a believer tomorrow night at 10pm.
Believer? I haven't made a prediction on this game. Lol. I could give a ratz azz who wins.lol. I'm am a equal fan of both teams because I understand their struggle. I'm a high school football fan first and I just analyze from what I see. I want to see a great game with both teams playing their best. Period. Both of these teams have a huge load on there backs when it comes to the championship. I'll be happy for either team no matter who wins. I will definitely be a fan of any team out of the east no matter what!! Lol

Reactions: daagoob
Show me one person up here,yourself included who has predicted a NE win. Calpreps and Massy both favor Swe as well. Bud I'm telling you, NE is way better than the team that started the season 4-0. Hey are we meeting up? I'm going up in the am, I'll be hanging around the stadium seeing what's going on.
They are the higher seeded team Goobs! Not to mention the home team. So you have to excuse people for trying to make a logical decision on who wins. Lol

Call me when you get close. I'll meet you up there. I would say we could go get a bite to eat but unless you like hardee's or Abrams Pinetops doesnt offer much lol

I will be there in the am checking the field conditions
Why do you keep saying that? Are you the field police? What's are you gonna do if you see SWE watering the field? Whine? Or call the NCHSAA? Lol.

Last edited:
Hey Bud, what's your prediction?
This is a tough one Goobs, I've seen both teams about the same amount and both teams were healthy in those games. I saw Cortezz Jones go out late in the Whiteville game. I hope he is healthy and is able to play. He is the enforcer in the SWE backfield. I have been warning the small 2A about the possibility of SWE going small since week 4 and most wrote me off as if it was a race to the east title between NE, WRH, SWO, and Clinton. Dogs79 is the only poster that took the threat of SWE seriously. When SWE went small 2a I feel now, like I did when the bracket came out. SWE matches up well with the style of play that is in this bracket. Both NE and SWE have strengths that the other team struggles with in this matchup. I believe it will come down to which team can impose their will on the other early. Thats who will win this game. Can SWE get the edge and run perfectly between the tackles? Can NE protect whoever the QB is to get time to get the pass going? Moss didnt have much time last week. Jones went out late last game. I heard Freshwater didnt play last week. Those are huge factors that would have to go into any prediction.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
This is a tough one Goobs, I've seen both teams about the same amount and both teams were healthy in those games. I saw Cortezz Jones go out late in the Whiteville game. I hope he is healthy and is able to play. He is the enforcer in the SWE backfield. I have been warning the small 2A about the possibility of SWE going small since week 4 and most wrote me off as if it was a race to the east title between NE, WRH, SWO, and Clinton. Dogs79 is the only poster that took the threat of SWE seriously. When SWE went small 2a I feel now, like I did when the bracket came out. SWE matches up well with the style of play that is in this bracket. Both NE and SWE have strengths that the other team struggles with in this matchup. I believe it will come down to which team can impose their will on the other early. Thats who will win this game. Can SWE get the edge and run perfectly between the tackles? Can NE protect whoever the QB is to get time to get the pass going? Moss didnt have much time last week. Jones went out late last game. I heard Freshwater didnt play last week. Those are huge factors that would have to go into any prediction.
Freshwater is playing, I know for 100% certainty. As far as the qb situation goes I have no clue.

Reactions: bud33345
I'm picking NE 38-28

I have seen both teams at full strength. Cortezz Jones went down last game and if he plays he will not be 100% and that is critical. I think NE will offensively be too much for SWE. 35-13 NE

Thank you John, I couldn't agree more. I know how good were playing. Way better than the team that played Reidsville. It's no comparison, hard to believe but true
Goob,I'm going to see you in Clinton next week. I'm not pulling for Clinton against WC but I do know the Darkhorses got that look. I hate to admit it. That look doesn't always win it tho

Reactions: bud33345
I've played on SWE field twice(freshman & junior year) and none of those years have they wet the field to slow down the opposing team. Thats note even something they will do PERIOD

I don't think home field is too big of a deal. The kids are out of school so they get extra sleep and won't be rushed onto a bus. I think it will be a close game. Field conditions could come into play . SW is not just a ground and pound team this year. Can NE stop the big play over the top, that's gonna be the deciding factor. Porter is almost impossible to stop at this level. I think the team that makes the least mistakes, whether it's turnovers or penalties will win the game, with Brickhouse being the x-factor. I'll think about it some more and predict the score tomorrow, but history is not on our side in this game. I, like another poster believes the winner of this game represents the East in the state championship.

I was trying to post 10 shocked icons but it didnt do it!! Its all good. I'm certainly not guaranteeing anything but I think our guys are ready for the challenge. Clinton didn't get that 1 seed for nothing.
Otis if you guys play yalls game, limit the turnovers, and clean up the special teams the chips can fall either way. Goodluck tomorrow night! I'm rooting for WC big time in that one!

I don't think home field is too big of a deal. The kids are out of school so they get extra sleep and won't be rushed onto a bus. I think it will be a close game. Field conditions could come into play . SW is not just a ground and pound team this year. Can NE stop the big play over the top, that's gonna be the deciding factor. Porter is almost impossible to stop at this level. I think the team that makes the least mistakes, whether it's turnovers or penalties will win the game, with Brickhouse being the x-factor. I'll think about it some more and predict the score tomorrow, but history is not on our side in this game. I, like another poster believes the winner of this game represents the East in the state championship.
I think SWE will have to run the ball to set up that big play. NE has elite level DE's and you have to run to get them to focus on containment instead of teeing of on the QB. If SWE can get the run going that opens the play book and then its game on!!

NE plays a lot better on the road for some reason. I've made my prediction and it won't change.To be honest it really doesn't matter what my prediction is or anyone else's. It's not going to change anything. Which team wants it the most, that's what's going to determine the winner. We have no excuses if we lose, I'll congratulate and move on. If we win I'm not going to come up here and talk smack either. I didn't against the much hated swo and I sure won't against a much respected Swe team

Reactions: dogs79 and bud33345
I've played on SWE field twice(freshman & junior year) and none of those years have they wet the field to slow down the opposing team. Thats note even something they will do PERIOD

Our players ha e been practicing all week on a wet field and they've tried to keep the footballs saturated as much as possible. Footing and handoffs will be key so they've been prepared well. No excuses, we're looking forward to a nasty field. We're even wearing our white uniforms

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
NE plays a lot better on the road for some reason. I've made my prediction and it won't change.To be honest it really doesn't matter what my prediction is or anyone else's. It's not going to change anything. Which team wants it the most, that's what's going to determine the winner. We have no excuses if we lose, I'll congratulate and move on. If we win I'm not going to come up here and talk smack either. I didn't against the much hated swo and I sure won't against a much respected Swe team
I'll be the biggest fan of which ever team comes out of the east. I want them to smoke Reidsville like a pack of Kool cigarettes! Lol

That's why it's so hard to predict. Both teams want that ring so bad and are very similar in that aspect. Both teams have a great opportunity to get that done this year. It will indeed come down to coaching and who wants it more!

Hey Bud does that Abrams place have breakfast?
Heck yeah. Tenderloin and gravy on a cheese biscuit, with scrambled eggs and grits is what I get. The food there is really good. The brown gravy, I could drink out of cup. I go every Sunday morning before church, when I'm fortunate to be off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT