ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern/Southwest Edgecombe

BigBird12

Nov 25, 2013
Everyone is always aiming to play on Thanksgiving weekend. For Northeastern this will be their 10th straight trip to the Regional semifinal and also their 10th straight 10-win season! Eagles should continue to ride with Hodge at QB. Don’t know much about SWE. Thoughts & predictions?

Reactions: daagoob
These teams have played before with SWE winning both. 2009 42-6 & 2010 40-14

As a Tarboro fan I hate to say this - but SWE wins by 3+ scores

These teams have played before with SWE winning both. 2009 42-6 & 2010 40-14
I think the 09-10 series came about because NE had someone from swe on the coaching staff. Northeastern also eliminated SWE in the 3rd round 48-6 in 2014, then lost to Washington in the regional finals.That was the year I had to stop calling them soft.

Last edited:
I think the 09-10 series came about because NE had someone from swe on the coaching staff. Northeastern also eliminated SWE in the 3rd round 48-6 in 2014, then lost to Washington in the regional finals.That was the year I had to stop calling them soft.
Forgot about that game

Everyone is always aiming to play on Thanksgiving weekend. For Northeastern this will be their 10th straight trip to the Regional semifinal and also their 10th straight 10-win season! Eagles should continue to ride with Hodge at QB. Don’t know much about SWE. Thoughts & predictions?
It's no secret, SW plays hard nosed, power ball. We got decent size and speed. Our success is the fact that defenses have to have every hand on deck to stop the run. The difference is we have 6-5 wr that goes up over defenders for big gainers and touchdowns. Our defense plays fast, hits hard, and makes open field solo tackles. It should be a good game if NE can slow down the run, otherwise it will be a long night, however this is one of the most well rounded squads we've had.

Reactions: dogs79 and bud33345
I mean, really. He's smoking hard. 3 tds? No way.
Gotta be 4+, easily.
NE better bring your big boy pads when you go to SWE because you are going to need them.Don't think you can cover #11 even with 3 men on him.All the QB has to do is throw the ball high to him and bingo a TD.SWE by 3 td's.

Reactions: dogs79
NE better bring your big boy pads when you go to SWE because you are going to need them.Don't think you can cover #11 even with 3 men on him.All the QB has to do is throw the ball high to him and bingo a TD.SWE by 3 td's.
SW gonna have to earn it. Their kicker could play a big role in this game.

It's no secret, SW plays hard nosed, power ball. We got decent size and speed. Our success is the fact that defenses have to have every hand on deck to stop the run. The difference is we have 6-5 wr that goes up over defenders for big gainers and touchdowns. Our defense plays fast, hits hard, and makes open field solo tackles. It should be a good game if NE can slow down the run, otherwise it will be a long night, however this is one of the most well rounded squads we've had.
I agree, this is the best SWE team I have seen. I think the success begins and ends with oline. They are the best group in 2A in my opinion. That veteran group has allowed the offense to put games away and put less pressure on SWE defense

This will be a great game. Neither team will stop the others pass attack. Number #11 is a great receiver. However, NE has multiple receivers that SWE will need to cover all night long. They have multiple deep threats. NE easily had 300+ yards passing on SWO. It will come down to the run game.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
This will be a great game. Neither team will stop the others pass attack. Number #11 is a great receiver. However, NE has multiple receivers that SWE will need to cover all night long. They have multiple deep threats. NE easily had 300+ yards passing on SWO. It will come down to the run game.

Who do you have winning?

Northeastern by 14 or more keep so so sleeping on northeastern defense we played some big lines fast lines some tall receivers some fast receivers good QBs we good teams this who have swe faced besides tarboro if we played there schedule we would be #1 in the east so don't act like they can't be beat and don't forget the quarter back have to be able to throw the ball remember that see y'all Friday

I agree, this is the best SWE team I have seen. I think the success begins and ends with oline. They are the best group in 2A in my opinion. That veteran group has allowed the offense to put games away and put less pressure on SWE defense
Spot on. The best O line i have seen all year. Whiteville couldn't come close to the QB all night. He had all night to throw the ball,also blocked very well for the backs.

Spot on. The best O line i have seen all year. Whiteville couldn't come close to the QB all night. He had all night to throw the ball,also blocked very well for the backs.
In the final SWE drive with 3:50 left if they don't lean on that oline and run game it could have been a very different outcome. They pretty much iced the game and stifled the clock. The TD from #6 on the edge was just the cherry on top. Whiteville was an impressive team and I feel if they had not ran into a SWE team that is playing the way they are, Whiteville had a great shot at the east final. It would have been a shootout with NE they have played many teams this season like Whiteville. SWE is built like teams NE has struggled with and I feel they may see a repeat of the Havelock game.

Northeastern by 14 or more keep so so sleeping on northeastern defense we played some big lines fast lines some tall receivers some fast receivers good QBs we good teams this who have swe faced besides tarboro if we played there schedule we would be #1 in the east so don't act like they can't be beat and don't forget the quarter back have to be able to throw the ball remember that see y'all Friday
Calm down.

He'll have time to throw. 3 step drop from under center and the ball is out. Our ooc games where against 4a teams that run the spread to prepare us for games just like the one next Friday. It's unfortunate that those teams were no ways as good as they were when the series was booked.
Who did y'all play that was any good and didn't lose too?

He'll have time to throw. 3 step drop from under center and the ball is out. Our ooc games where against 4a teams that run the spread to prepare us for games just like the one next Friday. It's unfortunate that those teams were no ways as good as they were when the series was booked.

We didn't play any good teams. We always pad our ooc schedule so to ensure a high seed come playoff time

Just putting this out there for those SWE fans who may be interested. If your not that's fine. I'm just talking to like minded individuals like myself. I have no clue whatsoever who will win this game. Maybe it's close, maybe SWE wins big, maybe NE takes the win. All that aside I will take all bets on NE if there are any interested parties. This doesn't mean I think they'll win, I just have a problem lol. Congrats SWE, looking forward to my first trip there.

Reactions: dirtybird88
Just putting this out there for those SWE fans who may be interested. If your not that's fine. I'm just talking to like minded individuals like myself. I have no clue whatsoever who will win this game. Maybe it's close, maybe SWE wins big, maybe NE takes the win. All that aside I will take all bets on NE if there are any interested parties. This doesn't mean I think they'll win, I just have a problem lol. Congrats SWE, looking forward to my first trip there.
They not going to beat they going to be too busy looking for a Walmart

They not going to beat they going to be too busy looking for a Walmart

Well I usually don't ask but you know how I roll. To be honest I don't feel very confident. Really good running teams seem to always give us problems. I will say this,Adrian played out of his mind last night. He played like he was possessed or mad at someone. I don't like when posters just make ignorant posts. I don't see either team blowing the other out. What your going to see is two very good teams Friday. Our kids played unbelievable last night against a team that many said had a good defense. We won't have a repeat of the Havelock game. I've already told Bud what happened leading up to that loss as well as the loss to Holmes. Northeastern is playing better now than they were early in the season. Last night's game was reminiscent of the Northeastern team that played for a state c ship in 2018.

Reactions: dogs79
I don't think it will be a blow out unless one team self implodes. I haven't seen NE play, so I would be just guessing. If I knew I was gonna be able to be there, I'd put a hundred bucks down, but I'm working out of town and not sure what time I'll be getting back.

Well I usually don't ask but you know how I roll. To be honest I don't feel very confident. Really good running teams seem to always give us problems. I will say this,Adrian played out of his mind last night. He played like he was possessed or mad at someone. I don't like when posters just make ignorant posts. I don't see either team blowing the other out. What your going to see is two very good teams Friday. Our kids played unbelievable last night against a team that many said had a good defense. We won't have a repeat of the Havelock game. I've already told Bud what happened leading up to that loss as well as the loss to Holmes. Northeastern is playing better now than they were early in the season. Last night's game was reminiscent of the Northeastern team that played for a state c ship in 2018.
Was SWO able to put pressure on the qb?

I know I'm not betting when it comes to emotional teenagers. Even when playing well, you saw how emotions can get you a 15 yard penalty, and I don't want to give NE anything. Gonna be tough enough with them just taking what they want. I was very high on NE early, and remember saying that if they got thru that non conference unscathed, that they were the best team in the east. But I can't fault them for losing to who they lost to. I would still pick them to win the east if I didn't have intimate knowledge of SWE playing as well as they are right now. We are improving with every game, and for the first time ever, I'm not afraid of a pass heavy team. I'd still pick NE if it wasn't for SWE. But I wouldn't bet on it lol.

I'll weigh in here, as being one of the few that has seen both teams at their best and their worst. First of all, the big elephant in the room that nobody seems to want to touch is that neither team has won the chip. Like Swe98 said it's hard to know how 16 to 18 year old kids are going to react with high emotions. I think this game will come down to the coaches on the sidelines that know the history of each respected programs. Both coaches have been so close, so many years, and have dominated most teams in their path to the chip. Bottom line is...I feel this game is going to come down to coaching and which team wants it more. Which coach can convey to their kids how big this moment is and how close their teams are to being apart of history that lives long after they are gone. Who wants that legacy more? The coach that can effectively send that message to the kids the best will win. On paper these teams are equal in what they do well. It's going to come down to coaching and the heart of every single player on the field to determine the outcome of this game.

Reactions: daagoob and TD08
I know I'm not betting when it comes to emotional teenagers. Even when playing well, you saw how emotions can get you a 15 yard penalty, and I don't want to give NE anything. Gonna be tough enough with them just taking what they want. I was very high on NE early, and remember saying that if they got thru that non conference unscathed, that they were the best team in the east. But I can't fault them for losing to who they lost to. I would still pick them to win the east if I didn't have intimate knowledge of SWE playing as well as they are right now. We are improving with every game, and for the first time ever, I'm not afraid of a pass heavy team. I'd still pick NE if it wasn't for SWE. But I wouldn't bet on it lol.
I noticed the last two games we've been playing cover 1. I usually don't get the chance to come to many games, was the change from zone to man this year? I can't remember how we play North Davidson last.

Played 5A Indian River out of VA. 1A Edenton who’s heading to another Regional Final. Powerhouse Havelock. Rocky Mt, Rose, & Conley. Came out of that 4-2. Not bad IMO

Played 5A Indian River out of VA. 1A Edenton who’s heading to another Regional Final. Powerhouse Havelock. Rocky Mt, Rose, & Conley. Came out of that 4-2. Not bad IMO
I don't know anything bout the VA team. However the other teams you mention, only 2 are any good, and they beat y'all. RM and DHC are average and Rose is horrible. And Edenton is gonna get whipped by Tarboro, the team only team that beat us. My thoughts are, NE isn't quite as good as y'all thought they were gonna be this year, and SW is a little better than expected. Gonna be a good game, for sure. Last week don't count for nothing now.

You lost me at Rose. God, I hate them. They have turned into a joke, even though they made it to the ship not too long ago. Conley is decent, as is Rocky Mount. Holmes, Havelock, and Indian River speak for themselves. Eagles schedule far outweighs ours.

Somewhat. He was able to get around the corner on the DE’s
Our d-line is way better. He'll get some pressure right in his face next week. The Moss kid had good pocket presence and made some savy moves in there. If we're able to get constant pressure, and a couple hard hits on him early we may be able to force a couple mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT