ADVERTISEMENT

North Surry at Mount Airy 12-19-14

Originally posted by Girls -BBall Fan:
How about something on the girls game? Two of the better programs around.
When you hold pointer over the 1A,2A,3A & 4A it does have a pop up that says boy's and girl's basketball topics & discussions

Lady Bears now 8 - 1

Lady Bears over North Surry 59 - 58
The first meeting was also a 1 point win by the Lady Bears 53 -52
[/B]
Boy game up next .
This post was edited on 12/19 8:17 PM by photo0001

Bears letting this one get away from them Hounds 76 to 64 in the 4th Qtr

This post was edited on 12/19 9:35 PM by photo0001

Final North Surry 95 Mount Airy 78 All Hounds in the 2nd half

This post was edited on 12/19 9:57 PM by photo0001

Did anyone notice what happened during the shaking of hands(or lack there of) after the game? That was a classic example of poor sportsmanship and whats wrong with High School sports. You should always shake hands with your opponent and not draw your hands back and refuse!!! Greyhounds I'm proud of you for winning and losing with character and I'm proud to be a Greyhound!

Wow 2 games in a row that there have been claims of Mt Airy refusing to shake hands. What is up?

I made the game and let me say that NS spanked MA. Had a chance to see the Mounce boys play and was not disappointed. Without hose 2 MA would struggle to win a game. Now for what I seen at the end of the game. After NS emptied their bench during the last minute the ref's had to talk to a couple of players and get them under control. Then just exactly like the East Surry game MA had about 3 layers that did not shake anyone's hand including some of NS coaches. #3 for MA was our of control turning around at one point during hand shakes and let out a big mouth full. I even noticed at one point law officers heading that way in case something started. Please someone from MA explain to me how a parent, coach, administrator and other teammates could be proud of the way those guys acted. Not all of MA players responded that way and showed class, especially the younger Mounce kid. But like greydog86 said it was not a claim. It was a fact.

I'm going to lift the gag order that evidently was issued after the game. Seems the MA fans have vanished. Kinda reminds me of what an ostrich does when they try to hide. All comments are welcome.....

Was the result of this game due to several of the MA players serving suspensions due to their action at ES. If not then that might help explain the lack of sportsmanship that was shown last night. If you do it once and there was no consequences then what is the down side of doing it again. I have not saw them play but it sounds like, based on what I am reading on here that there seems to be a loss of control. I certainly hope that the coaching staff can get there arms around this apparent lack of discipline and get it stopped. There is a lot of basketball left to play and it would be a shame to see these kind of actions become the norm.

No Bear players were serving a suspension nor were their any injuries,they were at full strength.I watched their coach during the game and it seems he is trying to get control of his team and from both games against us their has been alot of back talk and disrespect toward him from a couple of players and that is also a fact.

both teams were at full strength...Hounds just played better in 2nd half.....not a lot of "D" either way......as for the handshake part, was not able to see it but did hear a few of the North players talking with their parents about it....about sure there is some frustration on the Bears part as that was the 3rd straight loss on Friday night with 2 of them being to North....hopefully some things can be corrected

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT