ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly-South Stanly

Dogs9

Jul 19, 2010
South Stanly travels to North Stanly to take on the Comets after playing each other last week in their last conference game. The winner gets a 4 hour bus ride to face undefeated Holmes High School . I think North beats South again by about the same score.

Reactions: Footballfeels
North went from being (arguably) the 2nd best 1A team in the state last year to being middle of the road average in 2019. Graduation must have been brutal.

That happens to teams not named Tarboro..not everybody has the luxury of reloading.

Reactions: atucker2
That happens to teams not named Tarboro..not everybody has the luxury of reloading.
I'm a Tarboro guy, and I am telling you I am not sure that's it. It's not reloading. I really don't think the players that Tarboro produces are born with greater talent. It's not something in the water. It's more culture, work ethic and system. Kids playing organized football from elementary school through HS using the same concepts and committing to physical fitness and strength training year-round brings the best out of every player that suits up.

I'm a Tarboro guy, and I am telling you I am not sure that's it. It's not reloading. I really don't think the players that Tarboro produces are born with greater talent. It's not something in the water. It's more culture, work ethic and system. Kids playing organized football from elementary school through HS using the same concepts and committing to physical fitness and strength training year-round brings the best out of every player that suits up.

It's all about the system.

How often do we hear "draw from a larger pool of kids"? Their numbers are legit. Do people really move to Tarboro to play high school football? Sure...if their coaches are producing results that allow players to move on academically and athletically...and they have...I bet some parents have moved hoping their kid will get the exposure. Be fair...many kids moved to North Stanly for the same reason since Antonio Williams was there. Last year you had a kid from West Mont. that had been all-conference the year before. Open enrollment took a few from Albemarle too over the years. It happens when your program is attractive and others are slipping.

Coach Brett ...I think won the state title in 1983 in Tarboro for 3A. Like many down-east towns, it is not the same town anymore...but, that tradition never left Tarboro. They do reload....like Richmond used to....like Scotland did for a while...like Independence used to.... They have avoided the turnover that killed some other programs...and they have been in the straight T formation since I was in high school...and boys, if you run the same basic offense in a school for 40 years, either you are really great at it...or you are waiting for someone to prove you are in the wrong offense. Tell the Wallace Rose Hill area folks to stop running the Wing-t....you can bet...like Tarboro, they made their minds up long ago. They aren't changing what is working.

Like to see SS and Coach Ochier get the win, doesn't matter as neither can stay within 40 of Tarboro in round 2.

They won’t play Tarboro in round 2. The winner gets undefeated John A Holmes.

Our it could be Tarboro gets to draw from a larger pool of kids than everybody else.

There are 25 schools with equal or more students in 1A including South and North Stanly? Exactly what is your point because right now your points looks pretty idiotic?

There are 25 schools with equal or more students in 1A including South and North Stanly? Exactly what is your point because right now your points looks pretty idiotic?

How many high school students districted for Tarboro HS are at NE Carolina Prep?

Reactions: Mbulld
How many high school students districted for Tarboro HS are at NE Carolina Prep?
I don’t think that is information that is publicly available. I can tell that Tarboro lost a little over 40 off last years ADMs. SW Edgecombe lost between 20-25 as did North Edgecombe.

couldn’t agree more...

North Stanly won 50-20 and will travel to Edenton Holmes in the second round.

That’s a looong ride to Edenton. Atleast 4 hours one way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT