ADVERTISEMENT

NEW THREAD - NORTHWEST 1a 2018

Wilkesboro is a lot bigger than Elkin. Unless they live in Roaring River or Rhonda, they are likely going to Wilkesboro.
I was speaking of the area out and around Rhonda,Starmount and maybe North Wilkes. I am well aware Wilkesboro is much larger. Just saying Elkin's shopping area greatly depends on Wilkes & Yadkin Co. Useing Jonesville for instance,basicly a part of Elkin but in Yadkin Co.
Jonesville Population Estimate (2016) 2,247 about half of the population of Elkins Estimate (2016) 4,106 .Thanks for your input Illuminati704

What are the MVC teams. Other than the sophomore rb and the QB coming back for WC, it sounds like they lost a lot. I can see them being the modest favorite but just curios why they seem to be the overwhelming favorite to win Conference?

Agree on MA and ES.

I was speaking of the area out and around Rhonda,Starmount and maybe North Wilkes. I am well aware Wilkesboro is much larger. Just saying Elkin's shopping area greatly depends on Wilkes & Yadkin Co. Useing Jonesville for instance,basicly a part of Elkin but in Yadkin Co.
Jonesville Population Estimate (2016) 2,247 about half of the population of Elkins Estimate (2016) 4,106 .Thanks for your input Illuminati704

Elkin had to reinvent itself after the closing of Chatham. They done a nice job with Main Street. I miss going to games at Elkin HS.

Just like Mount Airy has a Population of around 13,000 but the township surrounding Mount Airy including Toast,Flatrock,Bannertown & White Plains all basicly connected to the city limits like Jonesville is to Elkin.Mount Airy also is the shopping hub for Cana,Va & Ararat,& Claudeville,Va all 5 to 10 miles out.

Just like Mount Airy has a Population of around 13,000 but the township surrounding Mount Airy including Toast,Flatrock,Bannertown & White Plains all basicly connected to the city limits like Jonesville is to Elkin.Mount Airy also is the shopping hub for Cana,Va & Ararat,& Claudeville,Va all 5 to 10 miles out.

FNL, just asking, Mt. Airy city has 13,000 tax paying citizens ? I was guessing 2000-3000.

Actually surprised Elkin has 4100.

Elkin had to reinvent itself after the closing of Chatham. They done a nice job with Main Street. I miss going to games at Elkin HS.
As did Mount Airy losing 3 or 4 Furniture factorys,Proctor Silex Toaster & toaster oven plant ,Spencers Baby clothing and around 6 plus sock plants. Now depends on a huge number of Mayberry visitors each year and weekend Blackmon Amphitheatre events every Thur. Fri. & Sat. with Beach Music bands Like The Embers & Tams and other bands playing. NAFTA hurt this town and both towns and many more had to reinvet theirselves. Sorry I strayed away from football but it was interesting.

Last edited:
FNL, just asking, Mt. Airy city has 13,000 tax paying citizens ? I was guessing 2000-3000.

Actually surprised Elkin has 4100.
Those are estamated numbers for 2016 for all untill the next census in 2020. someone dropped Mount Airy's on Wikipedia to 10,347 from just under 13,000. My guess it will be between 13,000 & 14,000 in 2020 for Mount Airy. City limits may have been extended some.I say it is still around 12,800 Plus tax payers in the city .

Last edited:
Those are estamated numbers for 2016 for all untill the next census in 2020. someone dropped Mount Airy's on Wikipedia to 10,347 from just under 13,000. My guess it will be between 13,000 & 14,000 in 2020 for Mount Airy. City limits may have been extended some.I say it is still around 12,800 Plus .
That is the city limits but the township around Mount Airy is around 25 to 28,000.

Last edited:
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
36580395_10217315876195819_1664421396249313280_n.jpg

............................To One & All

Seen the bears yesterday, looked pretty good, looked like they were loaded at the skill positions, sophomore qb looked shakey in spots but pretty dawg gone good at times. If line play comes around could be another special season for the bears. Seen east Surry this morning, Gosnell is gonna be special, has a few different weapons, defense was getting eat up at first but it started coming around towards the end. Cards will score a lot this year, strange not seeing coach diamont out there. Very good numbers for both. Future looks bright for both the cross county rivals. Lots of new faces on the sidelines. Great seeing coach holder out yesterday checking the action out, little strange seeing him in a chair as a fan

Reactions: Bearfan71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT