ADVERTISEMENT

New Raider offense

I'm sure that if the option were garbage Bob Ladoceur would have never installed it as his base offense in De La Salle's split back veer scheme. You know... The one that won 151 games in a row and has now won something like 26 consecutive northern California titles in a row? That team?

I have seen them run it four times in person. It is like synchronized swimming they are so precise.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Meh, they have false starts every now and then. Up to the refs to call them for not being set for the required one second. I'm sure it gets discussed ad nauseum every year at ref meetings.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Question??? Has it been confirmed that Richmond is going to lean toward the option this upcoming season, or is this just hearsay??? Speculation???

Meh, they have false starts every now and then. Up to the refs to call them for not being set for the required one second. I'm sure it gets discussed ad nauseum every year at ref meetings.

They are moving before the ball snaps. It is taught this way. Its very disciplined and Btango is correct they all move in unison but they gain an advantage. If it doesnt get called then I would continue to do it all day long but they are moving.

Well... my question was has the option been confirmed or is this just speculation from Raider14 ? They got alot of passing experience over passed 2 years. I thought about that... oh well like fun n gun said.well see. It's obvious they can't run erytime...lol GO RAIDERS.

Also, De La Salle May have a rolling start, but to me it's no worse than these spread offenses nowadays setting picks on receiver routes. Reagan has been doing that for years now and they never get called for it.

If they can't pass out of it, they're screwed!
The inverse is also true ... you know, with regard to being able to run the ball - no matter what type of offense anyone might attempt to run. Very few 3A/4A programs can be successful (as in state championship caliber) without some form of comprehensive, quality passing attack - that goes without saying. Some have done it, but very, very few.

The key is balance. And when I say balance, I don't mean between run and pass. I mean getting all six of your skill players involved while the line executes. In the running game, that means getting 3 or four runners involved. Passing means four or five receivers involved. If you only use one or two players most of the time, that's when you're easy to prepare for.

Well... my question was has the option been confirmed or is this just speculation from Raider14 ? They got alot of passing experience over passed 2 years. I thought about that... oh well like fun n gun said.well see. It's obvious they can't run erytime...lol GO RAIDERS.
Been running the option the past 2 days of spring ball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT