That Calpreps thing has MA over ER 28-27
And ER over Robbinsville 27-21
And Tarboro over ER 27-24

All on neutral fields…

I wanted to play too 😂

Reactions: BK13T-$
Cal Preps for Western 1A
neutral fields
[2023] Mount Airy (NC) 42 (96%), [2023] Mitchell (Bakersville, NC) 14 (4%)
[2023] Mountain Heritage (Burnsville, NC) 35 (72%), [2023] Starmount (Boonville, NC) 27 (28%)
[2023] Robbinsville (NC) 35 (96%), [2023] Mountain Island Charter (Mt. Holly, NC) 8 (4%)
[2023] Thomasville (NC) 26 (81%), [2023] Albemarle (NC) 12 (19%)
[2023] North Rowan (Spencer, NC) 31 (74%), [2023] Corvian (Charlotte, NC) 21 (26%)
[2023] Eastern Randolph (Ramseur, NC) 31 (88%), [2023] Hayesville (NC) 12 (12%)
[2023] Murphy (NC) 38 (90%), [2023] Bishop McGuinness (Kernersville, NC) 17 (10%)
[2023] Swain County (Bryson City, NC) 38 (94%), [2023] Bessemer City (NC) 14 (6%)

Last edited:
Mount airy loves to be disrespected and it will only piss them off and that is great. They are better than last year and have no clue how they are behind any 1a teams in state. Max Preps and Calpreps both have gone crazy. The bears will show that on the field starting Friday night.

Reactions: NCBBFB
Don't get all worked up MA guys y'all still the favorite til proven otherwise. As far as calpreps projections, they had Tarboro beating East surry in 2019 and Mitchell beating Tarboro in 2021. They are just that projections.
That was what I was trying to get across myself. You sir did a much better job I believe..:
Seriously I think a sarcasm font would be a game changer 😂

Mount airy loves to be disrespected and it will only piss them off and that is great. They are better than last year and have no clue how they are behind any 1a teams in state. Max Preps and Calpreps both have gone crazy. The bears will show that on the field starting Friday night.
Lol you need a computer formula to get pissed. Massey Rating has Mount Airy at 36 ranked team in the state. The next 1a school is Tarboro at 70. Disrespected SMH!!!!!!

Yet highschoolot which is different from all the others hasn't gone crazy?

Yet highschoolot which is different from all the others hasn't gone crazy?
I agree with Bearmod1 they are all crazy including highschoolot. Eye test and watching film of games is all you need to form opinion. Not SOS or rpi. You can’t tell spoed, size and heart by those things. Guess that is why it is always settled on the field. Everyone has to play who is in front of them whether it be regular season or playoffs, whether it is home or away. We were a 4 seed last year and didn’t like it but I turned out ok.

IK in 2009 we watched Robbinsville struggle to beat an Elkin team in playoffs and MA had beat Elkin 56-0 in regular season. MA played Robb the next week at home for the West Finals. We thought from what we seen that MA would destroy Robb but in fact it took all MA had to get the win. That game with Elkin and Robb was played on a Saturday at 2 pm and MA played that night at 7:30 bc of rain so we got to watch both what a great day. Match ups mean more than score comparisons with the same teams. MA on paper should handle Mitchell and Murphy/Bishop next week but we all know how that worked in 2021, I will bet the coaches and players for MA will not take any team lightly or for granite!

I agree with Bearmod1 they are all crazy including highschoolot. Eye test and watching film of games is all you need to form opinion. Not SOS or rpi. You can’t tell spoed, size and heart by those things. Guess that is why it is always settled on the field. Everyone has to play who is in front of them whether it be regular season or playoffs, whether it is home or away. We were a 4 seed last year and didn’t like it but I turned out ok.
Exactly! You have to play who is put in front of you and what conference you were shoved into, even ‘advantaged schools’ (Murphy v bishop post).

Exactly! You have to play who is put in front of you and what conference you were shoved into, even ‘advantaged schools’ (Murphy v bishop post).
North Rowan v Corvian post not Murphy v bishop

Rville running back had flu or mono one vs elkin. He still had it vs MA but was in better shape that week. 5-5" Halfback also played QB during the elkin game because QB was injured.
That's not an excuse but it could have something to do with the elkin results.
In ,08 elkin put rville out. Rville was much better than elkin both years . It's about match ups.

I don't see the need of getting upset or fired up about what you're team is ranked in the state at this point, where you're at right now doesn't even matter. From here until the 2nd weekend in December it is survive and advance, may the best program win.

IK in 2009 we watched Robbinsville struggle to beat an Elkin team in playoffs and MA had beat Elkin 56-0 in regular season. MA played Robb the next week at home for the West Finals. We thought from what we seen that MA would destroy Robb but in fact it took all MA had to get the win. That game with Elkin and Robb was played on a Saturday at 2 pm and MA played that night at 7:30 bc of rain so we got to watch both what a great day. Match ups mean more than score comparisons with the same teams. MA on paper should handle Mitchell and Murphy/Bishop next week but we all know how that worked in 2021, I will bet the coaches and players for MA will not take any team lightly or for granite!
We lost to Elkin in 2008 21-20 missing a fg at the buzzer. In 2009 we went back and won 40-6 setting up one of the better regional finals games that you'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT