ADVERTISEMENT

New Bern Bears Football

Yes,
That was my point. No one is arguing about last season. If the issues this season is completely different than it should be handled different.
The issues this year are a result of 2023 spring (last school year). Appears the eligibility this year was for unexcused absences which may be related to the items listed in the reports. Graduation seemed to be a hot button topic on the investigation and what led to all of this coming out.

What was done at New Bern HS is criminal. A principal has discretion but he took part in a fraud scheme. Anyone that has been involved in education knows that what he did was beyond the scope of what is allowable.

Changing multiple grades for one student by up to 56 points (25-81). Going back and increasing a grade (for the second time) from 71 to 81 that had oringinally been in the 40's. Changing numerous failing grades (11) for one student to passing grades (70-89) when the student missed over 80% of the days and did not turn in assignments or participate in class. In his eyes, and some parents and supporters, what he did may be seen as helping a young person but in reality he has contributed to the continual decline of the community.

The NCHSAA is not going to call him to investigate. The investigation is performed by the LEA or law enforcement not the NCHSAA.

The General Assembly is not going to be supportive of his actions. This is not the type of item they will publicly support. They will magnify it to use as another reason students/parents should have more options due to the failure of the traditional school.
Changing those grades to help secure scholarships is what could put him in jail. But I have no idea if that is being explored.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
Otis has been stating this from day one. If he wants to go into this farther, that’s up to him. I know where he got all this stuff and it’s reliable. If he was in the media, he would have had more that the two sources that a reporter would have to have before going public.
I’ve pretty much told what I can. Some things I can’t mention because it would make it easy to identify people.

• Haha
My oh My. Such a mess. I am always aware that 2 things can be true at the same time.
I am also aware that just because someone can do something does not mean they should.
I am also aware that doing the right thing can be just as bad and hurtful as doing the wrong thing can sometimes
can be for the right reason.

But it also sounds like some of this had tones of racism.

• Haha
Changing those grades to help secure scholarships is what could put him in jail. But I have no idea if that is being explored.
It is a well-known fact that leaders frequently advise teachers to adjust students' grades in order to support them in the path they are heading. Every year a school leader breaks the law.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
It is a well-known fact that leaders frequently advise teachers to adjust students' grades in order to support them in the path they are heading. Every year a school leader breaks the law.
The teachers were not consulted.

This was on a massive scale with grades being changed by as much 56 points and in at least one instance a great being changed and then increased a second time by another ten points. That is not typical.

That is academic fraud. Depending on how this is handled it could get much more serious and costly. I would not have went public.

Reactions: ncjeff
These allegations Jerry has released that he says were made at him have opened the door to be able to discuss these allegations. Soooo..

He says mentions inappropriate relationships. Quote from article.
Allegedly, former Superintendent Megan Doyle and former HR Assistant Superintendent (current superintendent) Wendy Miller reprimanded Simmons following an investigation into allegations he had inappropriate relationships with staff and created a “divisive and threatening environment.” Simmons said he was informed of the investigation on Oct. 21, 2020, and the findings showed no evidence of inappropriate relationships. As evidence of divisiveness, Simmons alleged CCS used an email from Sept. 15, 2020, he sent to staff reminding them of the importance of following COVID-19 protocols as in-person instruction began to start back up.
End of quote.

He got married to a staff member that was pregnant by him before they got married.

He is doing a good job of making a fool of himself. He needs no help.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: ncjeff and Swo1980
These allegations Jerry has released that he says were made at him have opened the door to be able to discuss these allegations. Soooo..

He says mentions inappropriate relationships. Quote from article.
Allegedly, former Superintendent Megan Doyle and former HR Assistant Superintendent (current superintendent) Wendy Miller reprimanded Simmons following an investigation into allegations he had inappropriate relationships with staff and created a “divisive and threatening environment.” Simmons said he was informed of the investigation on Oct. 21, 2020, and the findings showed no evidence of inappropriate relationships. As evidence of divisiveness, Simmons alleged CCS used an email from Sept. 15, 2020, he sent to staff reminding them of the importance of following COVID-19 protocols as in-person instruction began to start back up.
End of quote.

He got married to a staff member that was pregnant by him before they got married.

He is doing a good job of making a fool of himself. He needs no help.

You my friend, have some issues. He's not making a fool out of himself at all. He stating his side of the story. You're making a fool out of yourself. Kicking the man while he's down every chance you get. WC got caught using ineligible players as well in multiple sports. Just let it go and enjoy life geez...

Man terrible for the kids but looks like there was total mismanagement at the top. And no they did not win it on the field is a response. Too bad. Wasn’t the principal on the board for the NCHSAA???

• Haha
The teachers were not consulted.

This was on a massive scale with grades being changed by as much 56 points and in at least one instance a great being changed and then increased a second time by another ten points. That is not typical.
Every year, somewhere in North Carolina a leader will verbatim tell a teacher to commit fraud.

• Haha
He's full of shit. He was in on the cheating. Plain and simple.
There's one other person on here that unlawfully uses the "shit" word and gets away with this derogation language continuously.

Didn't you just use it? NO

Pa·ren·the·sis
/pəˈrenTHəsəs/
noun
  • 1.a word, clause, or sentence inserted as an explanation or afterthought into a passage that is grammatically complete without it, in writing usually marked off by curved brackets, dashes, or commas.

The following rules govern all conduct on this forum:
6. Do not encourage violence, hatred or use discriminatory/derogatory language. Don't post content for the purpose of promoting or inciting the hatred of, or dehumanizing, individuals or groups based on race, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or disease. Keep in mind that a post might be mean, tasteless, or offensive without necessarily encouraging violence or hatred. In cases like that, you can always “ignore” the person who made the post.

We all thought the board would want to steer clear of any unnecessary publicity with the recent issues coming out of the county. During the most recent board meeting, a board member said you had to "choose your A". She said academics or athletics, because you can't do both.

Now this.

We all thought the board would want to steer clear of any unnecessary publicity with the recent issues coming out of the county. During the most recent board meeting, a board member said you had to "choose your A". She said academics or athletics, because you can't do both.

Now this.

Wow. Adults. We are failing on so many levels right now in this world.

Field is ready for Round 1 tomorrow! All done freehand.

Freehand? I heard those Illegal Aliens were purty good at what they do in the farm fields. Did they hire those extraterrestrials from a neighboring galaxy or what pa? If so, please let me know of a great point of contact.

NOTE: Both ends are uncentered. A bit to the right.
Reference: My artist eyes!

Last edited:
Glad we were able to get at least 1 more game to play on this bad boy. 😍

F-k-AZaXMAAFgnI

F-k-AZaXMAAFgnI

F-k-AZaXMAAFgnI
Down in South MS listening to the game on ESPN radio. This is the second weekend in a row that the broadcast dropped off the internet. Tonight the broadcast was offline for most of the 2nd half, came back on with 53 seconds left in the game. Glad we won but what is the problem with the broadcast?

Down in South MS listening to the game on ESPN radio. This is the second weekend in a row that the broadcast dropped off the internet. Tonight the broadcast was offline for most of the 2nd half, came back on with 53 seconds left in the game. Glad we won but what is the problem with the broadcast?
Look up New Bern Live on Facebook and you can watch all the games on their Facebook live feed each Friday.

The New Bern season comes to an end here in the 3rd round of the playoffs. A lot of reps for the young guys which will pay off here the next few years. Leading rusher was a Freshman, leading tackler was a Sophomore and leading receiver, INT's was also an underclassmen. Starting QB and 2 RB's next year will be Sophomores. A lot to like moving forward. Hats off to the Rams. Go Bears!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT