ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Salisbury Regional Final

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
The CCC has already secured another state finals appearance. Salisbury and North will duke it out for the second time this year and this time the stakes couldn't be higher.

The past two years have seen some great battles between these two and I think this one will be as well. It's Salibury D vs ND O as the primary interesting matchup, but both are quality teams on both sides of the ball.

Honeycutt is the x factor. As he goes Salisbury goes on offense. Last time North was able to limit him and get the win. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out this time.

Not sure if Ill watch this one in person or online but this should be a great battle! I pick Salisbury 26-14 over ND

Reactions: f-ball-ace
This maybe the game I go see. ND has a great game atmosphere and stadium.

Salisbury Offense isnt that impressive but That D is legit. ND Can SCORE a lot so this going be a Very fun OC/DC Dual like they say Offense wins game, Defense wins championships so will see..... I believe both teams will be prepared whoever has the best game plan wins.

Reactions: Chopper747
I have stated several times this season that once Salisbury got things in order they would be hard to beat come playoff time. ND is a quality team, but I think Salisbury now healthy can cover them up athletically. This one will be a very good game and I will watch it online. Either way the CCC gets another team into the big dance and hopefully comes away with a win next week. Either team has the capability to win the state title. East does not seem to be very strong in 2AA this time around.

Reactions: SCRballer
Salisbury was painstakingly patient and exemplified the “Live to fight another day” offensive game plan vs Burns. I’m hoping Salisbury’s Coaches takes the offense out of “Granny Gear” when they face ND this time around. Salisbury’s defense, in my opinion, can offset the risk of trying some more aggressive Offensive play calling!

I’m pulling for the Hornets!

Last edited:
Salisbury is more than capable of winning this game. Only thing they have to do is get over the mental hump. They've lost four straight to ND, including last year when they were definitely the better team.

Both teams are better this year than they were last year. Salisbury still has a fantastic defense and improved on offense, even if the approach is straightforward. They are good at what they do and most of it runs through the legs of the QB.

North is good as usual on offense, and their QB also runs the show as a dual threat, though more with his arm. The defense has improved from last year, but also just gave up the most points they have in a while this past week.

Should be a good game either way. Hope to be there, not sure yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Curious about the ticket situation. Do you have go on line or is there a chance getting in at the gate. I wouldn’t mind going to this game If not to late.

This thread has no pulse.

Salisbury doesn't have alot of fans here sadly, hopefully more will join.

But say that ND recruits the whole county and call them a name like.... errr I dunno... pumpkin knights! Did this last week in the ND OG thread and every Welcome fans on Rivals smothered me with nonsense.

They tend to be insanely thin-skinned and weird out in the county.🙃

I think this game has the potentials of being a good dog fight type of game. I would say a toss up. Haven’t heard of any injuries for either team. Hope all players is well and up for this game. I believe it’s going to be a triller.

Here is a throwback history of Salsibury back in 1995. Let see if anyone remembers this game. Salsibury had a real good season that year. I wasn’t at this game but I remembered it well. It was 3rd rd of the 2A playoffs and Salsibury faced a tough Thomasville team. I remembered at one point Thomasville was leading Salsibury 7-6 at one point of the game. Thomasville pulls it out 14-6. Salsibury had a chance toward the last part of the game but was not able to make it in the end zone. Thomasville then defeated Mooresville 10-0 and went on to defeat Clinton 16-0 in the 2A State Championship game. A statement I read said that Thomasville players said that Salsibury was the toughest opponent they played in the playoffs that year. Anyone remember that game or see that game happened. I remember Thomasville was really tough in their days.

Here is a throwback history of Salsibury back in 1995. Let see if anyone remembers this game. Salsibury had a real good season that year. I wasn’t at this game but I remembered it well. It was 3rd rd of the 2A playoffs and Salsibury faced a tough Thomasville team. I remembered at one point Thomasville was leading Salsibury 7-6 at one point of the game. Thomasville pulls it out 14-6. Salsibury had a chance toward the last part of the game but was not able to make it in the end zone. Thomasville then defeated Mooresville 10-0 and went on to defeat Clinton 16-0 in the 2A State Championship game. A statement I read said that Thomasville players said that Salsibury was the toughest opponent they played in the playoffs that year. Anyone remember that game or see that game happened. I remember Thomasville was really tough in their days.

Salisbury was painstakingly patient and exemplified the “Live to fight another day” offensive game plan vs Burns. I’m hoping Salisbury’s Coaches takes the offense out of “Granny Gear” when they face ND this time around. Salisbury’s defense, in my opinion, can offset the risk of trying some more aggressive Offensive play calling!

I’m pulling for the Hornets!

I didn't know Salisbury had an offense

Salisbury has had explosive offensive games this year. This coaching staff will take what is there. Forcing the issue with the passing game is highly unlikely. As fans we would want to see them open it up. From a coaching perspective they keep in line with what they do best. So often I hear people say “with all those athletes they need to throw it more” or “how don’t they score more points with those athletes”. I remind you that we won for over a decade running the option with those athletes. There is A LOT more to it than being athletic. This staff will do what needs to be done but won’t beat themselves trying to be cute or wow everyone with their play design. Tonight will be a huge game. Hope the red black and gold come out on top (as a Florida State fan I have an extreme aversion to the color orange).

Tweeter, I'm glad to see a Salisbury guy on the thread! I have a question that a Salisbury person might know...

When I come to Ludwig Stadium, I notice that the pressbox on the home side is off center. I think it overlooks the 40 yard line. Does that mean that the field has shifted at some point during its existence?

Its a cool stadium. Nothing wrong with it. I was just wondering if there was a back story to it.

Tweeter, I'm glad to see a Salisbury guy on the thread! I have a question that a Salisbury person might know...

When I come to Ludwig Stadium, I notice that the pressbox on the home side is off center. I think it overlooks the 40 yard line. Does that mean that the field has shifted at some point during its existence?

Its a cool stadium. Nothing wrong with it. I was just wondering if there was a back story to it.
There has been multiple shifts over the years since the stadium was originally constructed in the 1920s. A large amount of funding has been raised privately for a multi faceted uplift/additions to the gym, facilities including a new weight room and other spaces that look like a college facility. The press box has come up numerous times and is apart of the larger plan but there is a lot of red tape. The school is a registered historic site so you can imagine all the added issues that brings. Former (and 40 year+) principal Dr Winsdor Eagle has spearheaded these efforts. I expect changes to begin soon (likely would have already had we not had this pandemic) and will be amazing.

I was there. Great game.

Salisbury has had explosive offensive games this year. This coaching staff will take what is there. Forcing the issue with the passing game is highly unlikely. As fans we would want to see them open it up. From a coaching perspective they keep in line with what they do best. So often I hear people say “with all those athletes they need to throw it more” or “how don’t they score more points with those athletes”. I remind you that we won for over a decade running the option with those athletes. There is A LOT more to it than being athletic. This staff will do what needs to be done but won’t beat themselves trying to be cute or wow everyone with their play design. Tonight will be a huge game. Hope the red black and gold come out on top (as a Florida State fan I have an extreme aversion to the color orange).
Explosive is correct! I personally witnessed it, at Maiden, as the Hornets boot stomped my Boom Devils!
I was impressed with the QB reads, counter traps, runs outside and even the “dropped dime” TD pass!
Please don’t misunderstand my statement.... I know Salisbury can mix it up offensively.... even though most of it will be centered around running the ball.
I’m just hoping they don’t run so many dive rights against ND as they did against Burns.... unless, of course., It’s working!😁

Go Saws Brewery!

I downloaded the simple radio app and listened through that. It was free and better listen quality than the website

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
71 yard pass gets Salisbury within 1 at 21-20. 2 pt conversion good but illegal procedure called. Long pat good. Tied with around 6 to go

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT