ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps/HS Media Basketball Polls for 1/14

I’m not really sold on North Stokes as the number 2 team in the state. Their record looks good but they haven’t really played anyone. I do think they are a decent team, but #2 in the state? Who knows, maybe they will prove me and any other doubters wrong when they play Prep and Bishop next week.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I’m not really sold on North Stokes as the number 2 team in the state. Their record looks good but they haven’t really played anyone. I do think they are a decent team, but #2 in the state? Who knows, maybe they will prove me and any other doubters wrong when they play Prep and Bishop next week.
North Stokes deserves to be in the top 10

North Stokes deserves to be in the top 10
Yeah, they do. My issue was having them #2 overall in 1A, especially against their weak schedule. Not a single team they have played has a winning record (combined records are 30-71). They definitely have talent but it's still hard to truly gauge how good they are vs the teams they've played so far. We will know a lot more after next week when they have played Prep and Bishop. If they go 2-1 or better in their next 3 games (@ES, @Bishop, home v. Prep) then we will all know they are legit. Still, it looks good for the NW1A to have 3 of the top 7 in the NCPreps poll and 2 of the top 6 in the Maxpreps rankings (which factors in strength of schedule).

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
They may have played a weak schedule and as you say. Lets see when they play Bishop and WSP. It's only the first poll. Things will pan out as the season goes on.

Just going to sit around and wait on the folks to bash Vance County for having 1400 kids in 2A.

The consolidation hasn't happened yet, so there's nothing for anyone to bash, as both Vance County schools from my understanding still only have around 800+ each, not 1400...yet.
The 2 Vance County high schools have consolidated. This year, Vance County High is competing on the 2A level, but could appeal to play 3A next year.

Last edited:
This poll is a joke I will guarantee My Heritage will be the team to beat out of the west .Heritage has just now got all there pieces in place due to long playoff run in football plus one of there best players has just came back from knee injurie this team is 10 deep with a 6 '10 center one name too remember is Brandon Allimuler.check the kid out on max preps he can ball and this is one talented team any poll that don't have My Heritage in top ten is a joke

This poll is a joke I will guarantee My Heritage will be the team to beat out of the west .Heritage has just now got all there pieces in place due to long playoff run in football plus one of there best players has just came back from knee injurie this team is 10 deep with a 6 '10 center one name too remember is Brandon Allimuler.check the kid out on max preps he can ball and this is one talented team any poll that don't have My Heritage in top ten is a joke
Do you see them in this top 25 MaxPrep poll,or are the 2A ?
http://www.maxpreps.com/division/nc.../basketball-winter-18-19/playoff-class-1a.htm

So I guess you are saying the maxpreps rankings are a joke too! lol

Reactions: BravesGWY
MaxPreps rankings are a joke to say the least. They do not take into consideration at all the caliber of teams others play. Plus, how do they decide at the beginning of the year who is good/bad in order to give them a ranking prior to playing? I know the team I root for plays a very strong non conference schedule and they get penalized for losing some of those games. I noticed last week our team lost and gained 5 spots and then won and lost 15 spots. How/Why does that happen? The team they lost to only 1 loss and the team they beat had 12 wins....Makes NO sense but they seed playoffs by this broken, stupid system. SMH

MaxPreps rankings are a joke to say the least. They do not take into consideration at all the caliber of teams others play. Plus, how do they decide at the beginning of the year who is good/bad in order to give them a ranking prior to playing? I know the team I root for plays a very strong non conference schedule and they get penalized for losing some of those games. I noticed last week our team lost and gained 5 spots and then won and lost 15 spots. How/Why does that happen? The team they lost to only 1 loss and the team they beat had 12 wins....Makes NO sense but they seed playoffs by this broken, stupid system. SMH

You do realize the NCHSAA has a step above maxpreps. It's called the adjusted rankings. To combat what you are saying about weakness in their rankings because of scheduling.
Here is the link to adjusted NCHSAA Rankings.
https://www.nchsaa.org/sports/basketball

Reactions: Dadof23
Interesting. The articles I read said it wasn't supposed to happen for high schools til 19-20. I stand corrected

Maybe you were thinking Montgomery County? It’s hard to keep up with it all. I only knew because I followed them pretty closely during football season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT