ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps/HS Media Basketball Polls 2/4

I find it interesting that Laney made honorable mention in 4A boys even though they are 2nd place in their conference and are ineligible for playoffs due to a brawl with Pender back in December.

Also, most impressive that Farmville central boys and girls both undefeated.

Reactions: Hon Dines
I find it interesting that Laney made honorable mention in 4A boys even though they are 2nd place in their conference and are ineligible for playoffs due to a brawl with Pender back in December.

Also, most impressive that Farmville central boys and girls both undefeated.
That would be my fault. I do the polls. I will have this info posted next week.
Didn't hear if they appealed the decision!

Reactions: T Roy C
Laney appealed and lost. It's a shame because they are 17-4 with a strong team and they routed NHHS last night..but somehow my Vikes are in 1st place in the MEC.

Great job on the polls Don.

Mtn. Heritage girls clinched the WHC crown last night, with a another win over the the #1 1A team in the state in Avery. This was a team effort for sure with girls stepping up for injured starter Victoria Burge last night, who was unable to play. This is 8 consecutive conference crowns for Coach Shelton and the Lady Cougars. Still undefeated on the season and in top 5 in the state in all classifications. What many thought to be a rebuilding year for the Cougars, after losing some important seniors last year, has proved to be another successful campaign for Coach Shelton. Sophomore Hannah Tipton took over the game last night and should have solidified her position as player of the year in the WHC.

Mtn. Heritage boys boys took care of business for their 16th straight win 93-46 last night at Avery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT