ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA News is Coming...

Robbinsville has 3 Georgia teams for non conference and Smoky and Erwin.

Last edited:
Are fans going to be allowed? If, not (most) schools will not be able to afford JV games. In my opinion, that will be more detrimental to high school football than not crowning a state champ.

One thing that Swain does offer is the option to stream the game online if nobody can be in the stands. I don't think every school has this option, but I'm glad we do in case it comes to that. How much the ticket price is going to be should that be the only option is going to be interesting.

And the idea of dressing for cold weather at the start of football then ending the season wearing shorts and a tshirt is funny to me. I'll also plan to attend some cross country meets. Winter running is a different beast.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Are fans going to be allowed? If, not (most) schools will not be able to afford JV games. In my opinion, that will be more detrimental to high school football than not crowning a state champ.

This schedule may give fans a better chance of attending over fall schedule.

One thing that Swain does offer is the option to stream the game online if nobody can be in the stands. I don't think every school has this option, but I'm glad we do in case it comes to that. How much the ticket price is going to be should that be the only option is going to be interesting.

What are the chances that would go to a pay per view type set up to offset revenue losses?

And the idea of dressing for cold weather at the start of football then ending the season wearing shorts and a tshirt is funny to me. I'll also plan to attend some cross country meets. Winter running is a different beast.
At least heat stroke will not be an issue... The big boys are going to love it.

Unless the big boys are in Newland. I can see it now. First game of the year up there it’ll look like lambeau field. I remember playing the last game of the year up there and ice frozen ankle deep in the drains. It was all frozen up the sidelines, blowing blue snow and probably around 18 degrees. That’s not factoring the wind chill. February up there most days don’t get a high above 32.

Unless the big boys are in Newland. I can see it now. First game of the year up there it’ll look like lambeau field. I remember playing the last game of the year up there and ice frozen ankle deep in the drains. It was all frozen up the sidelines, blowing blue snow and probably around 18 degrees. That’s not factoring the wind chill. February up there most days don’t get a high above 32.

Thank goodness I live at the coast. LOl

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT