ADVERTISEMENT

National anthem protests in WNC games

Until blacks admit that black on white rasict are every where we cannot fix this country.

Until blacks admit that black on white rasict are every where we cannot fix this country.
I understand that other minorities can be, under definition, racist. A racist is anyone no matter color who discriminates against another race. But Whites have an upheld battle on being classified as an oppressed people. I know impoverished communities like Graham have been stereotyped as poor or backwoods but as history in this country dictates the poorer whites still held a rung higher than "colored" races. Of course people have to understand there are multiple sides on issues. BK is not wrong saying other minorities have similar views on race. Being Cherokee, many elders do not like whites and to a lesser extent now, interracial relationships. BK is right in saying racism is everywhere but I do not think the problem is the fact we don't acknowledge Black on White racism. It is the fact that we use these preconceived ideas to manipulate issues. I think we are already seeing modifications in the protests. Many have already acknowledged that the message is being lost and that no matter what it is for, people are going to be offended over American symbols, i.e flag. I think the protest will continue but I think kneeling will give way to newer forms of protest. Already reading where owners and players are discussing ways to best get the message across. Racism is always going to be a problem but it is how we handle these problems that is key. As AMERICANS, we need to agree to everyones rights and find unifying ground between the spectrum.

What about the confederate flag? Which isnt the same as the battle flag.

What? So every black person in America, regardless of age, belief, location within the US, etc. has to admit that black on white racism exists?

Stop acting like you are the victim. You're not.

Reactions: Champ_24
Really liked what Cam Newton did yesterday after scoring a TD. That's something I can definitely get behind. Kudos to him.

I think everyone here can agree on the tragedy in Las Vegas last night. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers. Tragedies like that really put things into perspective.

Lord this post is getting old but I will add to it. I'm being honest and sincere when I ask this. Being a white man I have never brought up or been asked from my children about slavery. I know it's in the history books though. Do black Americans talk about this subject and keep it a top subject with their children. My perspective is our country had come so far and was continueing to heal so why keep the sensitive subject going on something that happened so so many years ago. I'm not being disrespectful at all I just want to know why. This sensitive matter in my mind didn't heat back up through the last 3 presidents and all of a sudden has blown up after President Trump took office. Why ?

"confederate statues are torn down as symbols of slavery"....yet many on here who are so angry don't believe those same statues should come down. Words like "unite" and "divide" used selectively to fit their narrative. Those same people that say that the Civil War was not about slavery. Those same people who fly the confederate flag that was flown in battle against the nation's flag. That real irony....

My family history is truly that of a house divided. Some members served with the North, others with the South. Those that served in grey did so not for slavery. Being mountain folks their farms were small and they could not afford slaves. Many of them fought because of the threat to their homes being invaded. In general the civil war was a war of economy. Slavery was a key issue in that the south viewed it as a necessary tool for survival, the north as an evil practice.
With that said I believe we should leave the statues in place. They do serve as reminders and not just of slavery(maybe to some I won't deny). But rather they are reminders of what happens when societies lose control and stop trying to work together. We need to learn from those terrible lessons and not repeat them. They are reminders that OUR country will pay an extremely high price to do what is right. The question is, do we learn from history or are we doomed to repeat it?

What? So every black person in America, regardless of age, belief, location within the US, etc. has to admit that black on white racism exists?

Stop acting like you are the victim. You're not.

We are all victims of discrimination. It can be about race. I know a guy that won't hire whites or blacks for his work crew, he hires hispanics because he believes they work harder. Everyone has stories, everyone. A guy has tattoos everywhere and a lot of people consider him a man's man. But yet he may not be considered for some jobs because he doesn't have the right "look". A women is often not consider for a job just because she is not a man. (How do y'all feel about female football officials?) The key to stopping discrimination starts at home, first recognize your own faults and deal with those. Then teach your children about love for others and respect. Finally, stop pointing fingers, stop trying to wallow in the problem and start trying to find a positive solution.

Last edited:
We are all victims of discrimination. It can be about race. I know a guy that won't hire whites or blacks for his work crew, he hires hispanics because he believes they work harder. Everyone has stories, everyone. A guy has tattoos everywhere and a lot of people consider a man's man. But yet he may not be considered for some jobs because he doesn't have the right "look". A women is often not consider for a job just because she is not a man. (How do y'all feel about female football officials?) The key to stopping discrimination starts at home, first recognize your own faults and deal with those. Then teach your children about love for others and respect. Finally, stop pointing fingers, stop trying to wallow in the problem and start trying to find a positive solution.

I've yet to feel like I'm a victim of discrimination. I believe that I've received preferential treatment over the years. Therefore I can't get "mad" about certain groups feeling upset when they see how some are treated better because of their skin.

But I know what you are referring to in the grander scheme of things. It does start at home. Racism is taught.

What about the confederate flag? Which isnt the same as the battle flag.
The first flag of the confederacy, the second flag of the confederacy, the third flag, the battle flag...take your pick, they're all symbols of hatred and treason

Reactions: Champ_24
No I get it just fine, but it still pisses me off to see people using the flag and the anthem to protest things that, as you keep saying, have nothing to do with the flag and the anthem in the first place. Find another way to get your point across.
Meeeee too ! ! ! And Amen ! ! !

I would like to say thank you for this debate. We can agree to disagree. As long as we remember we're in this TOGETHER and have to make changes immediately to make this work. My apologies if I've offended anyone. Never been my intend. I just want equality for our nation
Amen brother. I have to many dear friends of different races and it would kill me if I offended any of them. Some good things were asked and brought up. But change starts with ourselves, one person at a time and being honest with ourselves

Yes sir. Bro you make a great point. Ir starts with our selves. I think debates like this is healthy and allow us to create dialogue. Just got to remember everyone attacks us, foreign or domestic we have to be there for each other. Let's get back to football and how N. Rowan about to take home 1aa crown lol

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT