ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park forfeits

Another false narrative. They matchup with Chambers just fine athletically as a group as evidenced by the championship game. CG had a very impressive season and is plenty talented especially along the lines and back 7 on defense. CG is the early favorite to repeat in 4A. Chambers struggled vs. Hough and TBH Hough would have beaten CG, or played a much better game than Chambers. You cant just look at 3-4 skill guys and say a team is more athletic. CG dominated the LOS in every game they played. Hough dominated every game they played except for the 4th quarter in 2nd game vs. Chambers. Said it on here it would be hard to beat CG twice.
remotecougar said:
More prepared period, let's not forget they have had the share of bad snaps and mistakes though.

it is just hard to beat someone twice. Give them their credit.

I'm a Creek guy. I know the challenges of beating a team twice. CG took their credit. Both teams played on the same field.

I'm definitely not looking at just 3-4 skills guys, I'm looking at both teams depth charts. Which I've put a lot of research in. Hough is a horrible example of anything they accomplish, as 75% of their starters comes from other schools.
Agree about Hough starters. Just using them as an example of a better matchup for CG.
Here’s the funny part, that 5”10” 230 pound offensive lineman, that’s kind of the norm for Cardinal Gibbons. Go look at the Max prep or any of the papers height weight for the players. I don’t think Cardinal Gibbons High School Had a single player close to 300 pounds on that line and maybe one maybe one over 6’2”. On the Defense, Cardinal Gibbons only had one defensive back over 6 feet on the roster. And he was the first player who was hurt halfway through the first half of the championship game. The other player who might be 6 feet was out that game. In the first game Chambers targeted him because it was his first varsity game. So I don’t understand this advantage from a physical standpoint. Looking now they had one linebacker who was 5’11 and a converted receiver playing linebacker who was about 6 feet. The only returning starter in the defensive backfield from the prior season was Mason. He is probably 5’9” on a good day. The rest probably in that 5’9” to 5’11” range. So I don’t see this in critical physical advantage. Primary CG RB/weapon Shepard is probably about 5’7”, maybe and 160 in pads. I saw these kids versus Rolesville. the Roseville kids were huge compared to Gibbons. Towered over them. The three inside offensive lineman for chambers We’re twice the size of anybody on the Gibbons defense line. Not close. Chambers linebackers were bigger than the Gibbons offensive lineman. The tackle on pierce was that pierces shoulder. Truly in the trenches Gibbons played the low man leverage wins Technique to grind it out
Not sure of the accuracy, but looking at the Max Preps roster CG had at least 19 guys 6'2" or above. CG was bigger than Chambers. Stop with this narrative that CG doesn't have great players. The only team more talented than CG as a whole would be Hough, and possibly MP. They have gone what 45-8 past 4 years? Chambers 51-7? So just basic math would lead one to believe they are a really talented football team. Not some group of NASA scientist.

And as far as coaching this Chambers staff as a whole the past 5-6 years has been the top in the state or close to it. You dont dominate Chambers just because you are a very good coach. You have some good jimmys and joes not NASA Scientist. You dont beat RC, Wake Forest, Leesville Road, Cleveland, Rolesville, and Chambers in one season unless you have some really good talent.

And as far as coaching this Chambers staff as a whole the past 5-6 years has been the top in the state or close to it. You dont dominate Chambers just because you are a very good coach. You have some good jimmys and joes not NASA Scientist. You dont beat RC, Wake Forest, Leesville Road, Cleveland, Rolesville, and Chambers in one season unless you have some really good talent.

No shade on their staff. It happens to the best. It was evident, CG was more prepared. They didn’t let the weather prevent them from throwing 9 routes down field. Chambers was extremely conservative on the O side. Very predictable.

Something that CG saw, that made them believe that Chambers couldn’t match up on man coverage. #10 Maverick Shotwell, lit them up on the 9 routes, for 2 scores. Along with a balanced running attack on them. GB also held Chambers to 114 yards total offense. I'm believing preparation had something to do with that.....ie Coaching

Last edited:
Reactions: Booner100
Do Public schools get to practice football any day or do they have dates set by the state that they can practice or meet as a team during season , post season and preseason..... Are the RULES the same for Private schools...If not , then WHY.....
Lol, if you’re asking this in regards to the parochials playing in the NCHSAA we follow the NCHSAA calendar. As for Big 4 privates in NCISAA, no clue what they do.

No shade on their staff. It happens to the best. It was evident, CG was more prepared. They didn’t let the weather prevent them from throwing 9 routes down field. Chambers was extremely conservative on the O side. Very predictable.

Something that CG saw, that made them believe that Chambers couldn’t match up on man coverage. #10 Maverick Shotwell, lit them up on the 9 routes, for 2 scores. Along with a balanced running attack on them. GB also held Chambers to 114 yards total offense. I'm believing preparation had something to do with that.....ie Coaching
Yes coaching played a big factor. Having the big jimmys and Joes to execute was a bigger factor. Chambers had deficiencies that could only be attacked by a very talented team and well coached team. Add in the fact that they had to beat them twice the upset became more possible. To say CG was just more prepared is a slight at the coaching staff. CG had a great game plan, and Chambers had gone all year hiding weaknesses. But CG was super talented on the field.

Chambers got hit with the rematch bug that they had benefitted from in 2019, and 2020. In 2019 IMHO Mallard Creek was the most talented and complete team in the Carolinas. But Vance was loaded too, and snuck out the win. The 2019 MC team will go down with the 1996 West Charlotte team as the two best teams I've seen not even make the state title game but in most years would easily run the table. Like CG 2021 Chambers would have had to play an almost perfect game given the circumstances to win. They just couldnt against a very well coached talented team. Watch what happens to Chambers this year. It would surprise me to see them lose to MC, Hough, and West Charlotte in conference.

Week prior to the state title game CG coach felt they got the better draw with Chambers as he felt they matched up better with them than they did Hough.

I expected Chambers to improve more from the first game than CG. I think as players Chambers may have but as a team and staff CG did the better job in the interim and in preparation. Chambers looked absolutely terrible in the title game. I think it was a combination of coming down from the Hough win, being overconfident from the first win, non football issues with the coaching staff, CG being a bit more focused, and the CG game plan playing out. I think the rain helped CG but with a dry field for four quarters I am not sure the trophy presentation is different.

Chambers got hit with the rematch bug that they had benefitted from in 2019, and 2020. In 2019 IMHO Mallard Creek was the most talented and complete team in the Carolinas. But Vance was loaded too, and snuck out the win. The 2019 MC team will go down with the 1996 West Charlotte team as the two best teams I've seen not even make the state title game but in most years would easily run the table.
Agreed and the lost to Richmond twice. Should have never lost at RC. Some bad coaching decisions and a few questionable calls got them. 1996 was the team that Knotts thought was his definite champion and expected to make it three in a row the next season.

Agreed and the lost to Richmond twice. Should have never lost at RC. Some bad coaching decisions and a few questionable calls got them. 1996 was the team that Knotts thought was his definite champion and expected to make it three in a row the next season.
If WC gets the 1996 ship its a three-peat. Defense simply did not show up vs. Page. 1997 was the game that Knotts became the coach he is today. Went back few years later and humiliated RC.

-We will look back on this Chambers team and realize they were not as good as advertised but played above their heads and benefitted from a Hough choke. Chambers 19, 20, 21 reminds me of Indy 05, 06, 07. The QB play and defensive play in the later year was not the same as prior years. Mentioned it previously that Hough would have beaten CG rather easily, but they picked a bad day to have a bad day. It wouldnt surprise me to see Hough beat Chambers by 2-3 tds next year.

Lol. First off i didnt use the 80k number or put it out. Btango did. Have nothing but respect for CC and what they have built. But to say its an even playing field is disingenuous. CC and CG are private schools meaning they can restrict access to the school.

U mentioned public schools feeding middle and then highschools. Thats s false narrative as public schools feed many middle and many highschools not just one. Also if u move into a public schools attendance boundary they can not deny you enrollment. A family could move to 7701 Pineville-Matthews rd and not be allowed into CC. Thats an advantage. CC doesnt have to deal with low income, low performing, or challenged students. Thats an advantage
CC has a 25 mile, 6 county radius to pull from thats a great benefit. Their student enrollment make up allows them to cherry pick who they want to attend being a church based school. Thats an advantage. The same folks that argue seperation church/state are ok with a church playing in a public league. CC wants their cake and to eat it too.

If it were not an advantage to CC or CG they could play in their class based on their enrollment. They have to be moved up because the powers that be already know its an unfair advantage.

1. Two schools over 120 championships in 20 years. Explain how this happens naturally? It happens because the better athletes go to one or two schools exclusively.

2. The private/parochial schools won 12 of 14 state championship games between Catholic schools and power public schools. Explain how this happens naturally?

3. The make ups and builds of the schools are different because they have different purposes and serve two different demographics. We would easily expect private schools to be better academically, behaviorally, college prepardness, but when it comes to athletics we are now supposed to think the advantage stops? Lol.

4. Sports are a VERY high priority at CC. They are focused on winning a womens ship with Thomas, getting a football ship, and mens basketball competing regularly at the 4A level.
Again you demonstrate a distinct amount of ignorance in your false narratives. Again country club sports... south Charlotte and the Raleigh Durham area. it has been explained to you several times, you ignore it because it does not support your false narrative.

Catholic has multiple elementary feeder school, like a public school feeder program... Almost all the students come from these school as they have priority for acceptance.

If Catholics has such superior athletes, please provide me the roster of D1 athletes that come out of them versus public schools.. Lets look at the 4 straight football state championship teams... how many.. exactly 1 and he may have to go down a level to get playing time...

You keep talking about demographics, but you demonstrate ignorance there as well. please provide one study about the advantages of larger area over smaller areas that is peered review, just one. and if you do please explain how you manage those inequities in the public schools.. I think I accurately laid out the demographics. in multiple areas of the country.

You demonstrate you understand little about the priorities of CCHS. Does Hough, MP and these other schools that kids transfer into... have a higher priority for sports? What is the ratio of kids that play sports who have left for other schools versus come into Catholic ... certainly a person who claims to know everything like you do should know those numbers... I am not saying you don't know them, but you don't recite them because if does not support your false narratives...

Until you can provide, a demographic argument that is accurate, truthful and peer reviewed that support your false narratives you have no credibility. You are simply an opinion without basis which is not worth much.

it appears you ability to provide information on this subject is slightly above your humility in understanding this subject. Not a good place to be when you want credibility.

Last edited:
As long as Charlotte Catholic is in our present system as a 4A team they won't win anything past the second round. It's not 1998. There's a bunch of good teams in 4A now. Charlotte Catholic will lose two to three games in regular season limp to the playoffs get beaten the second round for the next 10 years.

As long as Charlotte Catholic is in our present system as a 4A team they won't win anything past the second round. It's not 1998. There's a bunch of good teams in 4A now. Charlotte Catholic will lose two to three games in regular season limp to the playoffs get beaten the second round for the next 10 years.
If subdividing is implemented again they will compete in small 4A. They competed there and in a 4A conference very effectively for several seasons. Their style of play is the one most teams do not want to go against plus no one else really does what they do so prepping for them is different.

Gibbons is a different story. Larger student body with one Catholic school and no other dominant private power in the area.

Get ready for Providence Day from the private school league. They are looking to build something a bit different. Needs to get the talent in the school as freshmen or sooner and they will be on a different level.

Last edited:
If subdividing is implemented again they will compete in small 4A. They competed there and in a 4A conference very effectively for several seasons. Their style of play is the one most teams do not want to go against plus no one else really does what they do so prepping for them is different.

Gibbons is a different story. Larger student body with one Catholic school and no other dominant private power in the area. Get ready for Providence Day. They are looking to build something a bit different. Needs to get the talent in the school as freshmen or sooner and they will be on a different level.
I truly hope they don't go back to that watered down mess with sub-divisions. Just make add 5A and maybe 6A if teams are complaining.

I like the subdivisions because everyone gets a trophy. It's more tolerant with less micro aggressions and implicit biases against safe places

Don’t leave out Btango! I love all his post, and everyone knows I’m not him. Your annoying ass met myself & BG at the Scotland county game. He’s white & I’m black. Not the same guy. You’re just a pitiful little boy with numerous accounts, that has a long history of getting banned, trolling, putting out false information and Hi-jacking threads. Go jump off a bridge, like I told you 4 years ago. You’re the only nut job on NCPREPS with numerous accounts. Get Help! What gave it away, was starting your post off with a humongous lie.
I’m a nut job too but I only have one account. 🥃

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT