ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park forfeits

CC and CG are VERY talented teams that are well coached. Only point im making is that with residency comes better or worse teams because people have choice. If not for improper residency players do we think MP is better or worse past few years? If not for those transfers MP may be a .500 team at best.

The other privates in charlotte are good but not many really care for their football or their league. A large part of CC success/brand is being able to play publics while the other big 4 dont.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
They are pretty much the same animal. Very talented football/sports teams with a multiple county residency boarder and restricted admissions. Cardinal Gibbons was one of the most talented 4A teams the past 5 years easily.
I have written it here many times. Gibbons has very little competition for elite athletes looking for top level private school education. Catholic has the Big 4 with six or so miles. Speaking from football only, I think nearly every player is either lifer in the local Catholic system or he moved from another Catholic school when the family moved to Charlotte. I do not believe that is the same at Gibbons. I know they had starters that did not first attended CG as high schoolers.

I will say it again, allow the Catholics in but the student must have been a member in good stading with the Catholic Church for two full years prior to they ever participate in athletics. Make it a true community school with the "community" being the Catholic Church. I believe CC is for the most part more of a "community school" than any CMS high school.

• Haha
CC and CG are VERY talented teams that are well coached. Only point im making is that with residency comes better or worse teams because people have choice. If not for improper residency players do we think MP is better or worse past few years? If not for those transfers MP may be a .500 team at best.

The other privates in charlotte are good but not many really care for their football or their league. A large part of CC success/brand is being able to play publics while the other big 4 dont.
When the elite of college football come to Charlotte to see players they always are interested in what the Big 4 has. Providence Day is now a must see stop for the biggest of the bigss.

Agree they come to the big 4 for talent. But for the casual football fan public school football especially the playoffs is light years better than private school football in the big 4. Players that choose the big 4 IMHO miss out on a true state playoffs, true on field competition, and excitement of big matchups. CC and CG enjoy the best of both worlds being a private school competing with publics. Just in past few years weve had CC dudley, CG chambers, CG EF, CG Richmond, CC SM, CC MR, CC Butler, CG MP. That attracts better marginal atheletes to CG, and CC to these schools and builds their brands moreso than the big 4 or ravenscroft.

The state has to modify the rules even more to level the competition or give those schools 3.5 mile radius like a typical public school. No way in hell someone can tell me its balanced when two schools have won 125 state championships in approx. 20 years.

However, I say that, I might be wrong on Gibbons, been wrong before.
You church boys are nuts. Y'all are the same. Both are jokes. Advantages on many levels we all know this. Good standing with the church wtf does this even mean? Stop hiding everything and come clean and we all will be okay with it. All these church schools should never compete against public schools who have all walks of life. Crazy it's 2022 and y'all still taking up for these schools. I for one, would never attend these joke schools, or allow my kids or grandkids to ever attend these schools period......

Agree they come to the big 4 for talent. But for the casual football fan public school football especially the playoffs is light years better than private school football in the big 4. Players that choose the big 4 IMHO miss out on a true state playoffs, true on field competition, and excitement of big matchups. CC and CG enjoy the best of both worlds being a private school competing with publics. Just in past few years weve had CC dudley, CG chambers, CG EF, CG Richmond, CC SM, CC MR, CC Butler, CG MP. That attracts better marginal atheletes to CG, and CC to these schools and builds their brands moreso than the big 4 or ravenscroft.

The state has to modify the rules even more to level the competition or give those schools 3.5 mile radius like a typical public school. No way in hell someone can tell me its balanced when two schools have won 125 state championships in approx. 20 years.
How many Catholics do you think live within three miles of Charlotte Catholic or CG? My plan for the true Catholic requirement would cause some change at CG but I think very few at CC. CC will not be dominant in 4A like they have been in 3A and that is all sports.

You write about the marginal athlete but CC's football and I would expect almost all of their athletes come through the Catholic system.

You church boys are nuts. Y'all are the same. Both are jokes. Advantages on many levels we all know this. Good standing with the church wtf does this even mean? Stop hiding everything and come clean and we all will be okay with it. All these church schools should never compete against public schools who have all walks of life. Crazy it's 2022 and y'all still taking up for these schools. I for one, would never attend these joke schools, or allow my kids or grandkids to ever attend these schools period......
I am not affiliated with Charlotte Catholic nor am I a fan of their teams. I have been involved in high schools sports in NC for 30 years.

I am always willing to debate plans or structures.

No idea why you would call them "joke" schools? Because they are not a "standard" high school, because they are part of nationwide religious structure for education?

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
After reading all this scrap, I have concluded that Charlotte alone is a Wound Drainage Infected Culture!

How many Catholics do you think live within three miles of Charlotte Catholic or CG? My plan for the true Catholic requirement would cause some change at CG but I think very few at CC. CC will not be dominant in 4A like they have been in 3A and that is all sports.

You write about the marginal athlete but CC's football and I would expect almost all of their athletes come through the Catholic system.
How many athletes live within a 3 mile radius of West Charlotte? How many within three miles of Adrey Kell? How many within 3 miles of East Forsyth? Them being Catholic should have nothing to do with the 3 mile radius. Its the size of the pool and area they can potentially draw from. It leads to better athletes having access to the school w/o sacrificing to move.

If public schools had true school choice and no 3 mile residency restriction they would and could build super teams quite easily without these residency issues. No one would argue that fact, but its ok for parochial schools to do it because they are Catholic? Make it make sense. When two highschools win more state titles combined than 98% of the rest of the state you have a problem.

These parochial Catholic schools were historically built to build pride among Catholics and to maximize athletic success. The #1 factor for sports success in HS is a larger pool of players to chose/residency.

If the rule is the only student athlete that can play sports are long standing members of the Catholic Church you could not field a team in most sports within a three mile radius. My argument is for sports their district should be their community, the Catholic Church. Could care less if a non Catholic goes there and does not play sports.

CC's success was nowhere near as impressive in 4A as it was in 2A and 3A. Maybe one of the Catholic guys can give us a breakdown of the Catholic athletic success in the different classifications. I think you will see a significant difference between the classifications.

I feel pretty confident that CC was not built to maximize athletic success. They were not very impressive in athletics for many years. Is it the #1 factor to determine success truly the size of the pool or the quality of the athlete in that pool?

Has there ever been a more worn out debate than the Charlotte Catholic one. I love watching CC play. I never look at them like they have some sort of advantage. I have seen them both be dominant and get whipped. I think its really hard to look at a program like Chambers and see all the kids who moved into the district ( I assume following the rules) and then talk about unlimited boundaries being an advantage for CC. The top programs in Meck County ALL have unlimited boundaries. Take the kids that left Mallard Creek for Chamber, Myers Park, Butler and Prov Day and put them back at MC and they are playing for the 4a title last year.

If the rule is the only student athlete that can play sports are long standing members of the Catholic Church you could not field a team in most sports within a three mile radius. My argument is for sports their district should be their community, the Catholic Church. Could care less if a non Catholic goes there and does not play sports.

CC's success was nowhere near as impressive in 4A as it was in 2A and 3A. Maybe one of the Catholic guys can give us a breakdown of the Catholic athletic success in the different classifications. I think you will see a significant difference between the classifications.

I feel pretty confident that CC was not built to maximize athletic success. They were not very impressive in athletics for many years. Is it the #1 factor to determine success truly the size of the pool or the quality of the athlete in that pool?

When they were 2a this was never discussed on the boards

They self reported after they were caught. Every school in major city’s of the State gets 4 to 5 new kids for different reasons. Don’t just make it a Charlotte thing. It happens in Raleigh, Greensboro also. You’re not familiar with what’s going on in Charlotte. It’s already being enforced. Kids are already moving back to their home schools. You’re not going to hear about it in the Charlotte Observer. I know of numerous kids that have received letters, letting them know the penalty if they are caught. They will be 365. Parents are not willing to take the chance, so they’re moving back. Some are waiting until the end of the school year.. Outside of Hough, no school in Charlotte has the financial resources to do what Myers Park did. So your statement would be false. 4 to 5 new kids, yes. Myers Park Damn near had an entire out of state football team living in a house. 😂 That’s not including the local kids from other schools.
Who actually caught Myers Park violating these rules? Was MP reported by another school or by a opposing coach or parent? I will agree that these type of violations occur in the rural areas as well as metropolitan areas. Point being that the problem is just too big to police unless someone blows the whistle. Rural 4A schools such as Richmond are already at a disadvantage simply because of the number of players to choose from has steadily been on the decline because of economy or lack of people moving into the area. Rural teams are already fighting a uphill battle and with transfer problems in the metro areas these teams will never even sniff another 4A title.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Who actually caught Myers Park violating these rules? Was MP reported by another school or by a opposing coach or parent? I will agree that these type of violations occur in the rural areas as well as metropolitan areas. Point being that the problem is just too big to police unless someone blows the whistle. Rural 4A schools such as Richmond are already at a disadvantage simply because of the number of players to choose from has steadily been on the decline because of economy or lack of people moving into the area. Rural teams are already fighting a uphill battle and with transfer problems in the metro areas these teams will never even sniff another 4A title.
I think they blew the whistle on themselves by having 11 out of state kids come in. That alone raises eyebrows and has people watching you.
This isn’t a Charlotte only thing, Forsyth County has open enrollment, can go anywhere. I believe JH Rose had it for a time, Salisbury I think did and New Hanover too(btango I think knows more on this). Not all public schools play by the same rules.

• Haha
Football has become so big in Charlotte, that coaches collectively know where elite kids live. Not really difficult to police, because of social media and disgruntled parents. You don’t have to catch every illegal kid at a program. It only takes 1 to blow the hold thing up. Some new kids show up, and take little Johnny’s spot on the field. That parent is marching downtown. I knew about the House at Myers Park 2 years ago, no way the administration just found out. A disgruntled parent turned them in, and before it got downtown they self reported. You think Myers Park is bad. Hough would be a step above Hopewell if they didn’t recruit. Yet they’ve been choking for over 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
Has there ever been a more worn out debate than the Charlotte Catholic one. I love watching CC play. I never look at them like they have some sort of advantage. I have seen them both be dominant and get whipped. I think its really hard to look at a program like Chambers and see all the kids who moved into the district ( I assume following the rules) and then talk about unlimited boundaries being an advantage for CC. The top programs in Meck County ALL have unlimited boundaries. Take the kids that left Mallard Creek for Chamber, Myers Park, Butler and Prov Day and put them back at MC and they are playing for the 4a title last year.
Do you know how many players Chambers sent away? They turned around tons of players that would have helped them win the state this year. They got a bunch of MC guys because MC had a huge coaching change and has underperformed whereas Chambers has flourished. Do you know how many players left MC during their dominant run? Player movement is gonna happen, just like band transfers, baseball transfers, math transfers, and performing arts transfers. But no one cares about those. Just football and basketball.

Lia Thomas plays by the rules but most would agree its not fair. CC/CG play by the rules but most would agree its not fair. CG is loaded with talent and easily beat a super Chambers team with all these so called transfers. Beat MP with all these transfers. CG easily beat Richmond County a great HS team. There has to be a balance. Hell if not for the transfers CG might have not had a single digit win all season

Reactions: raiderstud
The dad made a quote to Fox46(QC News) that people were coming up to him during games to shake his hand and thank him for what he was doing.
CC. Imma try and sit this one out. The racial overtones and arrogance were off the charts. What does their socioeconomic status and race have to do with them being moved 3k miles to stay in a house and play football? MP deserves the HS death penalty if there was one. Imma try and chill, but the more info that comes out the worse it gets

CC. Imma try and sit this one out. The racial overtones and arrogance were off the charts. What does their socioeconomic status and race have to do with them being moved 3k miles to stay in a house and play football? MP deserves the HS death penalty if there was one. Imma try and chill, but the more info that comes out the worse it gets
I just read that quote about people shaking his hand thought the same as you did, also had the thought of “I’ll take things that didn’t happen for $1000” in terms of people thanking him.
You are 100% correct though.

Before this News was made public, there was chatter going around that Myers Park would not have football this year. I guess they decided forfeiting last years season was sufficient.

Boy Boy Boy this MC crew is burning MP down with their tongue until they can disintegrate no more at subatomic rate. Karma bites harder than you are made to believe.

And yes it is ONLY MC holding the mic. What does this tell you. The innocent role playing folks with a big mouth usually are the ones living in a cave, where things hide in the dark. In misery, in fear, and chaos.

• Haha
Boy Boy Boy this MC crew is burning MP down with their tongue until they can disintegrate no more at subatomic rate. Karma bites harder than you are made to believe.

And yes it is ONLY MC holding the mic. What does this tell you. The innocent role playing folks with a big mouth usually are the ones living in a cave, where things hide in the dark. In misery, in fear, and chaos.
Another burner account from the #1 MC hater on the planet. There is no MC crew. There is only 2 MC guys that post on a regular on NCPREPS. B&G and myself. Really! How many accounts did you create? All your post are about MC, it’s obvious who you are. S2V2 😂 How didn’t you know what was going on at Myers Park, since you allegedly attended all their games as their number one fan. Your dream team was a fraud, and you’re 15 different people. All 15 of your Alias Sucks and you’re a failure at being a troll 😈

Last edited:
HOLD ON.

If the parents or legal guardians of the students signed over their parental rights / guardianship and the sponsor family went through the required process there was nothing illegal. Period. Was it right by the "spirit of the rules?" No. Was it illegal? Not if they followed the documentation process. Where an issue may come into play is that the student athlete was not living in the primary residence of the assigned guardian.

I make this statement based on what was in place a few years ago as I have been out of the CMS loop for awhile.

I saw some crazy, stupid, and outright sad cases over the years when it came to residency.

Last edited:
Do you know how many players Chambers sent away? They turned around tons of players that would have helped them win the state this year. They got a bunch of MC guys because MC had a huge coaching change and has underperformed whereas Chambers has flourished. Do you know how many players left MC during their dominant run? Player movement is gonna happen, just like band transfers, baseball transfers, math transfers, and performing arts transfers. But no one cares about those. Just football and basketball.

Lia Thomas plays by the rules but most would agree its not fair. CC/CG play by the rules but most would agree its not fair. CG is loaded with talent and easily beat a super Chambers team with all these so called transfers. Beat MP with all these transfers. CG easily beat Richmond County a great HS team. There has to be a balance. Hell if not for the transfers CG might have not had a single digit win all season
You made my point for me. Hard to argue CC has a boundaries advantage when essentially there are no boundaries.

FYI- I have a pretty solid understanding of who MC has lost and gained since 2009....I follow it somewhat closely 😉

You made my point for me. Hard to argue CC has a boundaries advantage when essentially there are no boundaries.

FYI- I have a pretty solid understanding of who MC has lost and gained since 2009....I follow it somewhat closely 😉
CC does have a residency advantage. No gonna debate that. If not then they would have the 3.5 mile radius as a typical public highschool

MC has lost a ton of players and got a bunch of good ones to transfer in too.

BTANGO, recruiting moves solely for sports are supposed to illegal right? How does that many players get to one school unless there is some recruiting/persuassion? Now was it by a MP official? Not sure. But why was MP chosen as the destination? Agree fully that if parent rights are assigned away it could be legal. There was a D1 bball player turned away from WC a few years ago. Think more info comes out. If not for a parent blowing whistle this would be swept under rug. The spirit of the game is really messed up with these moves.

Guardianship is not enough. you have to go to court and have custody of a kid, otherwise they have to be staying with a parent in the schools attendence area.

I repect the Principal. Recruiting and rule breaking is rampant in Charlotte. Its ridiculous.

And yes, the advanteges CG has WAS discussed back when they were 2A.

Guardianship is not enough. you have to go to court and have custody of a kid, otherwise they have to be staying with a parent in the schools attendence area.

I repect the Principal. Recruiting and rule breaking is rampant in Charlotte. Its ridiculous.

Glory!🙏

One school self reports a violation reference transfers out of hundreds of high schools in North Carolina? You know there is bound to be more in Charlotte metro and across the state. No matter how big the violation it is still a violation no matter if it’s one player or ten players at a school. Everyone looks the other way reference this matter until it becomes so blatant it can’t be ignored. If it’s not gonna be enforced correctly then get rid of the rule. Open enrollment state wide.

Reactions: RickRat

This is false. You do not have to go through the courts. You fill out a Non-Parent Caregiver Affidavit of Residence and Student Hardship form.

Also, when and why was the advantages of CG being discussed when they were 2A? They were horrible.

Last edited:
Recruiting and rule breaking is rampant in Charlotte. Its ridiculous”!

What’s your source, or what data do you have to back up, your above post. Or are you just the guy with the numerous burner accounts chiming in as another Alias?

Last edited:
Reactions: CatholicCougs14
One school self reports a violation reference transfers out of hundreds of high schools in North Carolina? You know there is bound to be more in Charlotte metro and across the state. No matter how big the violation it is still a violation no matter if it’s one player or ten players at a school. Everyone looks the other way reference this matter until it becomes so blatant it can’t be ignored. If it’s not gonna be enforced correctly then get rid of the rule. Open enrollment state wide.
TOP SCHOOL: Ardrey Kell High holds 98% Graduate Rate &66% College Readiness
Myers Park holds 88% Graduate Rate & 48% College Readiness

It's hard to believe Charlotte known as Violation Culture that out of 33 Public High Schools ONLY one has come forward to admit they no longer want anything to do with the Violation Culture Membership.

If Karma doesn't catch up, God will surely pick up the slack!

Reactions: Kylar2018
AC Reynolds has done this for years and nobody does a thing about it

It's hard to believe Charlotte known as Violation Culture that out of 33 Public High Schools ONLY one has come forward to admit they no longer want anything to do with the Violation Culture Membership.

What’s hard to believe. Is all the different burner accounts you created, to say the same thing, over and over again. Be one person. 😂

So God is going to come down from the heavens and punish these high schools that are "breaking " the rules. HMMM I am sure he/she has bigger fish to fry. Like world hunger, genocide , cancer, war , murder, ect ect . That possibly might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Reason number 485656 why I dont go to church. People actually think God will smite other people

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT