ADVERTISEMENT

My Pre-Season Top 5 1A

I forgot about NR I wasn't sure what they returned, sent my cougs home last year.

Last edited:
NR-Thomasville game will be another war. Thomasville is improved immensely. Good to see NR is improved as well. CCC will be interesting

I forgot about NR I wasn't sure what they returned, sent my cougs home last year.
They sure did. That was hard to believe. Because they played like poo the next week. They played lights out I guess against heritage. I heard they looked terrible on film very unorganized and not very disciplined but they sure did lay it to heritage.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I'd go somewhere in this ballpark.

1. Tarboro
2. Mt. Airy
3. Eastern Randolph
4. Robbinsville
5. Murphy
6. Swain
7. Starmount
8. North Rowan
9. Mountain Heritage
10. West Columbus
11. East Bladen
12. Mitchell
13. Lakewood
14. Draughn
15. Hayesville
16. Thomasville
17. Wilson Prep
18. Corvian
19. Mountain Island
20. Northampton

I'd go somewhere in this ballpark.

1. Tarboro
2. Mt. Airy
3. Eastern Randolph
4. Robbinsville
5. Murphy
6. Swain
7. Starmount
8. North Rowan
9. Mountain Heritage
10. West Columbus
11. East Bladen
12. Mitchell
13. Lakewood
14. Draughn
15. Hayesville
16. Thomasville
17. Wilson Prep
18. Corvian
19. Mountain Island
20. Northampton
All in the top 6 is so funny. 4. Robbinsville 5. Murphy 6. Swain. Why post at all since you have never really been a part of NCPreps since becoming a part of it about 6 years ago? To show you have always stuck with the Far West? 7. 8 and 9 can probably beat 1 or 2 of them. I personally have no respect for anything you say anymore. You came to NCPreps when your Carolina Preps failed but never tried to be a part of it, I guess out of resentment maybe. But you think you are so good you pick the top 20, lol ... All JUST MY OPINION !

And I do agree that Tarboro has a better chance at #1 over Mount Airy this year so that has nothing to do with this post but 4. 5, & 6 do and Thomasville will be around when Hayesville is out, again my opinion.

I didn't know Carolina Preps had failed, thanks for letting me know, the site and team pages have been around almost 20 years, I just removed the message boards because of wack-a-doos like you! In any rate, I don't hide behind a screen name, if you need me, you know how to find me.

Whatever the case, you are funny!

Last edited:
All in the top 6 is so funny. 4. Robbinsville 5. Murphy 6. Swain. Why post at all since you have never really been a part of NCPreps since becoming a part of it about 6 years ago? To show you have always stuck with the Far West? 7. 8 and 9 can probably beat 1 or 2 of them. I personally have no respect for anything you say anymore. You came to NCPreps when your Carolina Preps failed but never tried to be a part of it, I guess out of resentment maybe. But you think you are so good you pick the top 20, lol ... All JUST MY OPINION !

And I do agree that Tarboro has a better chance at #1 over Mount Airy this year so that has nothing to do with this post but 4. 5, & 6 do and Thomasville will be around when Hayesville is out, again my opinion.
Why does 4-6 bother you so bad? Do you actually know anything about any of the 3?? Stick to taking pix with that out of this world camera and lens that you boast about every other thread and let the experts do what they do! It’s only a few more weeks til DD and Buzzy start arguing over who posts first 😂😂😂 get your popcorn ready!

Reactions: UNC811
I don't think Robbinsville will be top 5 this year but I'm definitely not going to bash Chris like that. His love and hard work for high school football lovers like us should be commended.
Robbinsville is the real deal when it comes to 1a programs, Heritage plays at Robbinsville week 3 I wouldn't be shocked if Heritage lost but I hope they win by 50 lol

Reactions: UNC811 and gdawg74
Robbinsville is the real deal when it comes to 1a programs, Heritage plays at Robbinsville week 3 I wouldn't be shocked if Heritage lost but I hope they win by 50 lol
Oh I know Robbinsville is one of those standard-setting programs but from what I have heard they will have some growing pains this year.

Reactions: UNC811 and mhhs94
I didn't know Carolina Preps had failed, thanks for letting me know, the site and team pages have been around almost 20 years, I just removed the message boards because of wack-a-doos like you! In any rate, I don't hide behind a screen name, if you need me, you know how to find me.

Whatever the case, you are funny!
And everyone has known me since before you joined NCPreps. I very seldom posted there (Carolina Preps) because it was all about the far East and West and the NW area was ignored before I even came on there so I left for that reason. Sorry for my post but I posted it as I saw it. You should post more about all state championships teams and not just the mountains and coastal areas it you are a lover of all the North Carolina football teams.

And I also thought your pick of the top 20 was funny. Have a wonderful football season traveling to the mountains and coastin a straight line probably I-40 maybe. lol just being funny since you called me funny.

• Wow
Reactions: MayberryBillyBob
Chris Hughes does not need me or anyone else to state the obvious fact: He is certainly one of the most, if not the most, knowledgeable high school football guys in this state. He does a really great job promoting the sport, coaches and players.
I would only request that he take a second look at Mt Airy (in general) as a football community and, if possible, join the tailgate group for a really good pregame cookout.
We will even serve you first (after we have tested the food to make sure it is most excellent).

Chris Hughes does not need me or anyone else to state the obvious fact: He is certainly one of the most, if not the most, knowledgeable high school football guys in this state. He does a really great job promoting the sport, coaches and players.
I would only request that he take a second look at Mt Airy (in general) as a football community and, if possible, join the tailgate group for a really good pregame cookout.
We will even serve you first (after we have tested the food to make sure it is most excellent).
Next time I'm in Mt. Airy, consider it a deal.

And everyone has known me since before you joined NCPreps. I very seldom posted there (Carolina Preps) because it was all about the far East and West and the NW area was ignored before I even came on there so I left for that reason. Sorry for my post but I posted it as I saw it. You should post more about all state championships teams and not just the mountains and coastal areas it you are a lover of all the North Carolina football teams.

And I also thought your pick of the top 20 was funny. Have a wonderful football season traveling to the mountains and coastin a straight line probably I-40 maybe. lol just being funny since you called me funny.

I've been posting on message boards since the very first ones that was started.... to include one I created in 1996 called NCFootball.com. I was a regular on the old Charlotte.com boards, helped create NCHSFootball.com, and started the Team Pages in 2001. I was among the very first members ever on NCPreps with the handle "TR" that has since been changed over to my name. I can assure you I've been heavily involved in prep football in this state for many decades.

Aside from my time as a player and then a coach (1998-08); I started attending games as a child in the late 70's and was a ballboy in the 80's. I've devoted my entire life to high school football and I promise you I've been to games all over the state, in just about every county.

So you take your magical keyboard and ponder something else fun to jab at me. I retired from the US Army, spent 3 tours overseas protecting your country, so have at it punk.

Sorry Deana for showing my butt.... not trying to make a mockery of your boards! You are the Queen of NCHS sports.

Reactions: UNC811
I've been posting on message boards since the very first ones that was started.... to include one I created in 1996 called NCFootball.com. I was a regular on the old Charlotte.com boards, helped create NCHSFootball.com, and started the Team Pages in 2001. I was among the very first members ever on NCPreps with the handle "TR" that has since been changed over to my name. I can assure you I've been heavily involved in prep football in this state for many decades.

Aside from my time as a player and then a coach (1998-08); I started attending games as a child in the late 70's and was a ballboy in the 80's. I've devoted my entire life to high school football and I promise you I've been to games all over the state, in just about every county.

So you take your magical keyboard and ponder something else fun to jab at me. I retired from the US Army, spent 3 tours overseas protecting your country, so have at it punk.
I kind of agree with you Chris. Although I don't really think North Rowan is disciplined enough to make a dent in any of the top teams. I saw them play two years ago against the bears when they were supposed to be no one to overlook either and that was a disaster. And then to go from beating mountain heritage like that to get them destroyed the next week. But I don't think you are wrong about what you say about our fair weather fans up here really for both schools. Although I don't know what you do in three tours and protecting our country has to do with any of that. Something to be proud of. Not necessary to brag about. A true jarhead remembers that. And if you say you were in the Air Force well you shouldn't have said it at all.

I kind of agree with you Chris. Although I don't really think North Rowan is disciplined enough to make a dent in any of the top teams. I saw them play two years ago against the bears when they were supposed to be no one to overlook either and that was a disaster. And then to go from beating mountain heritage like that to get them destroyed the next week. But I don't think you are wrong about what you say about our fair weather fans up here really for both schools. Although I don't know what you do in three tours and protecting our country has to do with any of that. Something to be proud of. Not necessary to brag about. A true jarhead remembers that. And if you say you were in the Air Force well you shouldn't have said it at all.

The North Rowan of 2 years ago 100% lacked the discipline to compete in the deep rounds and it showed. However, the team made incredible strides in that department with first-year head coach Josh Sophia. He's a strong leader, a hard-nosed offensive lineman mentality who coached with Scott Young and those West Rowan powerhouses a decade or so ago. He's making big gains this year at North. The talent isn't the issue, but size up front will be a challenge.

You couldn't get into the Air Force could you?

Thank you for your service !

But since you want to look good sense I made a big deal about your not posting on NCPreps except about other schools until today. I asked you back when you became a partner of NCPreps to come to Mount Airy sometime and got no answer. Mount Airy has won back-to-back State Championships and I do not remember you posting anything about them but I do miss a lot of posts that MA posters make and see them sometimes days later. Sorry but you just caught me on a bad day but it was not all bad, I saw more posts from you in a few hours than I have seen since you came to NCPreps, lol, sorry I don't have a lot to brag about as I never had to serve in the military, but my son was Military Police in the Army protecting you punk and seems like his total training at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri was 3 or 4 months in 2008, part basis and part MP training and then sent to serve in Afghanistan and came home and served on the Forsyth County Sheriff's Dept. I am proud of him as bad as I did not want him to go. He signed up with 4 friends but they did not get to serve together. By the way, I am not a punk no more than you are but turnabout is fair play. Enough said on my part !

If you ever make it to Mount Airy I would like to meet you ! I am sure you will find I am much nicer in person since my whole life has been working directly with people, 30 plus years in management.

Last edited:
I'm just glad you didn't put Marines in there. :) I'm glad you get the humor Chris.
One of my best younger friends made the Marines his career and after retiring he went back and spent several years in Iraq several times then retired and lives in Las Vegas now and has the last 10 years. I can not remember his ranking but he went in after 2 years in college and is making a great living now off his retirement and investments. He lived in Hillsville and hung out with friends in Mount Airy on weekends before moving to San Diego, CA. then Las Vegas where he has lived the last 12 years. Knowing what I know now, the Marines is the way I wish I had gone.

What's funny about that Black Cat?
The fact that you actually believe that? Solid program and great small town ball, but I would say there’s 20 schools in the charlotte area better, 20 or more in the triangle, and A.C. Reynolds and Hickory would win with ease. Throw in Shelby, Kings Mtn, and Crest? Cmon man are you freaking serious? No way your as good as last year, unless Mrman is telling the truth 😂😂

Reactions: Champ_24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT