ADVERTISEMENT

East Burke

icardcav3

Aug 27, 2013
Rumor has it coach Minor has been dismissed as head football coach is there any truth to this?

Wow!!!

Never thought he would been let go or anything I would of thought he would of retired there

I curious if there more to this like - Was there an incident or did the school just want to go to another direction or what?

There are a lot of rumors speculating around EB Head Coach Derrick Minor with the lastest news of him re signing. Some local news are saying it was due to health concerns and Im also hearing that him and the athletic director had a meeting earlier in the week apparently looks like a few people were very unhappy with the way he behaved towards the players last week vs Freedom. And word is he was forced to resign. So will find out I’m sure soon

There are a lot of rumors speculating around EB Head Coach Derrick Minor with the lastest news of him re signing. Some local news are saying it was due to health concerns and Im also hearing that him and the athletic director had a meeting earlier in the week apparently looks like a few people were very unhappy with the way he behaved towards the players last week vs Freedom. And word is he was forced to resign. So will find out I’m sure soon
Health concerns are highly unlikely, IMO. The timing is very strange and I'm sure this is not what anyone wanted to happen, except the ones that are now happy. I hope that Coach Wittenberg has the energy and backing to get this team to the finish line this year. It can't be a good situation for anyone involved at this time.

Soft! If minor cussed then that’s BS I mean he a god fearing man but let’s be honest his time at EB has been Lackluster in term of not able to have a winning record with decent talent.

If he crossed the line then Ok I get it but It’s sad bc Minor to me is one of the best and one of the best to be at EB!

Soft! If minor cussed then that’s BS I mean he a god fearing man but let’s be honest his time at EB has been Lackluster in term of not able to have a winning record with decent talent.

If he crossed the line then Ok I get it but It’s sad bc Minor to me is one of the best and one of the best to be at EB!
That’s only rumors we may or may not ever know the real reasoning

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
The hate minor is getting from EB fans is Uncalled for and Sad bc Minor did the same Record as Legendary HC Tom Brown!

Wow!!!

Never thought he would been let go or anything I would of thought he would of retired there

I curious if there more to this like - Was there an incident or did the school just want to go to another direction or what?
He is still coaching wrestling we heard so don't know what happen. EB is not a good football choice for anyone. Tough conference to win many games in. sounds like people were thinking they should have more wins but they were in most games in a tough conference at least but still you are based on win!!

He is still coaching wrestling we heard so don't know what happen. EB is not a good football choice for anyone. Tough conference to win many games in. sounds like people were thinking they should have more wins but they were in most games in a tough conference at least but still you are based on win!!
I don't see y'all bring anybody better in probably going to be worse

Why would that happen they played Freedom close hopefully it's just a rumor

He resigned it was his choice that was a false rumor as always. Minor was not dismissed at teaching he is still going to coach Wrestling at EB less stress now for sure!! just spoke to one of the coaches about this Friday Night!! Good luck for the future cavs.

Looks like people may have complained bout his Faith based approach to his coaching as today Coach asked a simple question on his FB

Would you stand up for your faith, even if it cost you everything?

• Sad
Reactions: beamer24
Wow great job Coach if that is true! Football is not that important that you would give up your believes for the Lord and trying to help other. Coach never push his believes on any one just tried to lead them the right way!! And people want to know why evil is in our schools!!

Coach Minor wife also posted about his resignation and

It seem some parents complained that Minor didn’t care about off the field stuff and only cared about Xs n Os which in my opinion is Totally and outrageously False

Also It seem No admin support was wearing on his Coach so that’s why Health (Physical/Mental) was his reasoning on stepping down so he could maintain his teaching job. I guess Admin didn’t want Minor as HC no more

Also He was told he couldn’t pray with or over the boys and could no longer play Christian Music during pre game. As We all know - Derrick Minor is a Devote Christian in his faith so

Coach Minor wife also posted about his resignation and

It seem some parents complained that Minor didn’t care about off the field stuff and only cared about Xs n Os which in my opinion is Totally and outrageously False

Also It seem No admin support was wearing on his Coach so that’s why Health (Physical/Mental) was his reasoning on stepping down so he could maintain his teaching job. I guess Admin didn’t want Minor as HC no more

Also He was told he couldn’t pray with or over the boys and could no longer play Christian Music during pre game. As We all know - Derrick Minor is a Devote Christian in his faith so
It’s the world we live in. That’s a shame too. Coach Moore at App State was devote and he made sure his players at least got exposed to the gospel in this form or that. Minor was same type of coach that I could see.

So Sad we have to keep our faith in Christ wins and losses are not everything. Don't take away from these boys learning about being better men but Thanks for Coach Minor and what he stands for!!

It’s the world we live in. That’s a shame too. Coach Moore at App State was devote and he made sure his players at least got exposed to the gospel in this form or that. Minor was same type of coach that I could see.

Yes he never pushes his religion on anyone just he tried to live and teach the right way for these kids!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Yes he never pushes his religion on anyone just he tried to live and teach the right way for these kids!

Agree totally, unfortunately the world don’t see it that way they want no trace of Christ or Christianity at all anymore. That or keep it super limited. Pray for our students and for our community

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Agree totally, unfortunately the world don’t see it that way they want no trace of Christ or Christianity at all anymore. That or keep it super limited. Pray for our students and for our community
I noticed South Caldwell has updated the SPARtAN to make it appear that the T is a cross....I'm not sure how they are able to get by with that. It probably won't last long.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I noticed South Caldwell has updated the SPARtAN to make it appear that the T is a cross....I'm not sure how they are able to get by with that. It probably won't last long.
It didn't. School board said it was tape that was removed the day it went viral.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT