ADVERTISEMENT

My Best Guess at 2A/2AA Bracketology after Nov. 3 Games

tarheelg

Sep 21, 2001
Creedmoor, NC
http://tarheel61581.blogspot.com/2017/11/now-i-dont-know-what-final-draft-of.html

Only big changes I have from Thursday are Ashe Co. & Heide Trask out, West Lincoln and Washington in....which moves Mt Pleasant to the 2AA West and East Bladen to the 2A East

Other moving and shaking involved a couple of teams changing their tier based on winning or losing a game (or somebody else winning or losing a game) or a 3 way tie...and going from 2 to wild card or wild card to 2...big winner tonight is East Bladen, who won draw for 1 in 3 way tie and will be seeded very high wherever they wind up

I had Washington getting in now as well - kept Trask in and kept West Lincoln out but wouldn't be surprised which way it goes

Thanks for taking your time to give us a peak. I think you're very close depending on MaxPrep rankings

Well, preliminary brackets are up and they appear to have used the Oct. 31 maxpreps rankings, only changes in what we had from a couple of days ago are in a couple of teams shifting around in their tier of 1, 2, Wild Card

Well, preliminary brackets are up and they appear to have used the Oct. 31 maxpreps rankings, only changes in what we had from a couple of days ago are in a couple of teams shifting around in their tier of 1, 2, Wild Card
YEAH! whats the deal with old rankings? I thought last night results mattered

I did go make one edit in 2A East because in the preliminary bracket they had Beddingfield among the tier of 1s....can't remember if they had SW Edgecombe among the 2s or Wild Cards, but if Nash Central is a 1 in 2AA and Beddingfield is a 1 in 2A, then SWE should be a wild card, since that conference is only supposed to get 2 seeded autobids, not 3

Reactions: DbuckOsweepG
I did go make one edit in 2A East because in the preliminary bracket they had Beddingfield among the tier of 1s....can't remember if they had SW Edgecombe among the 2s or Wild Cards, but if Nash Central is a 1 in 2AA and Beddingfield is a 1 in 2A, then SWE should be a wild card, since that conference is only supposed to get 2 seeded autobids, not 3

You are correct. NCHSAA is not following their own protocol if current brackets aren't changed. They have given Beddingfield and Nash Central No. 1 seeds, and SWE a No. 2 seed. Rule book says that should only happen for split conferences, not subdividing.

Reactions: sasha_nc

CalPreps says that all three tied for 1st place - not sure how they broke the tie for reporting.

they had a draw, which would be easy if all went 2AA or 2A, but Nash Ce went 2AA, other two went small....I thought they would only 2 out of the 3 get seeded as 1 or 2 other than wild card, but they let SWE get a 2 because they drew a 2, they gave Beddingfield a 1 even though they drew a 3...guessing they got a 1 since they beat SWE head to head, which I get, but I was thinking they might but SWE in as a wild card

Reactions: sasha_nc
You were right all along tarheelg.
Well, that was the idea....that's what I get paid fo.....oh wait, nevermind, I don't get paid....though many times my projections are a lot closer than the ones who do get paid for it......

But if I didn't want to get it right, I wouldn't track 2A standings and maxpreps rankings every week and revise projections every week for the whole season (and then after ADMs were published, work on updating my bracketology and figuring out the 20-25 scenarios that could have altered things in the brackets from the 2nd inning to the 9th inning of World Series Game 7; If I didn't want to get it right, I wouldn't sit down before work on Friday morning to type up a bubble watch that involved checking on the bubble teams' point spreads for Friday night based on maxpreps rankings....I wouldn't scour the web for the scores Friday, after getting my team's stats done from Friday's game, including watching film on hudl to double check tackles, yardage, etc. before uploading to maxpreps, then going through the final scores of 8 or 10 bubble teams and figure out which couple might sneak in or get bumped from the playoffs, run back through checking ADMs for 2A/2AA split, then the the East/West split, then check twitter for tiebreaker draw info, then going back to seed every bracket, based on assumptions and my best guess at who the maxpreps computer would smile on, then retype my revisions and publish on twitter, facebook, this and another message board and get to bed around 3:45 AM Friday night, I mean Saturday morning....hope nobody out there thinks I was trying to get it wrong

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT